Author Topic: Dealing with newbies  (Read 1024 times)

Not rated

Offline JerrYx

• Respect: +14/-47
  • God
    • View Profile
  • Discord name: Equalizer#0090
Dealing with newbies
« on: May 12, 2021, 11:59:42 pm »
I think staff should be more helpful to newbies, i joined a week ago and i had no idea about any rules, how this server works, i have read the rules but it just doesnt cut it on day 1,2 etc... So i got jailed for pso without even knowing what pso is. I think there should be verbal warnings to new players rather than giving them instant jail time for something they have no clue about. It takes time to really learn the rules and understand how it works.
Anyway in summary, talk with new players and try to explain rather than punishing.

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
  • Respect: +129/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dudesdog
  • Discord name: Dudesdog#6216
  • Crew: 77 - Continental Crew
Re: Dealing with newbies
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 12:21:25 am »
Did you watch the tutorial? And if you really read the /rules, /dm, /pc, /coprules... you would not have been jailed or PSO'd.. if you are unsure of a rule please ask on discord or use /helpme ingame.

Offline JerrYx

• Respect: +14/-47
  • God
    • View Profile
  • Discord name: Equalizer#0090
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 12:25:42 am »
Yea yea i agree with u, i have watched full 5 min tutorial on start+i have read all the rules. But someone with no experience just cant catch it all in the start,. It just takes lets say a week for a newbie to comprehend whats going on. The tutorial and the rules are really helpful, and everything is clear but it still takes time. Lets say a week. Untill then maybe staff could just give them a brake, and try to make something more clear. When a person knows that she/he is wrong thats a different story, but im talking about people that missunderstood some rule and they think that what they were doing is not wrong therefore they dont ask in /helpme or anything, they just implement what they consider to be right.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 12:28:14 am by [C5] JerrY »

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +414/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 07:52:20 am »
This is not a script suggestion. If you have suggestions relating to the administration of the server please speak to @trina.
View trailers here.

trina

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 10:55:54 pm »
Yea yea i agree with u, i have watched full 5 min tutorial on start+i have read all the rules. But someone with no experience just cant catch it all in the start,. It just takes lets say a week for a newbie to comprehend whats going on. The tutorial and the rules are really helpful, and everything is clear but it still takes time. Lets say a week. Untill then maybe staff could just give them a brake, and try to make something more clear. When a person knows that she/he is wrong thats a different story, but im talking about people that missunderstood some rule and they think that what they were doing is not wrong therefore they dont ask in /helpme or anything, they just implement what they consider to be right.

If you read everything it should explain what things are, and you should be able to get an understanding of what you can and can't do. Also, if you're unsure about something like an Admin explained above, please use /helpme in game or ask for help in discord. If you anything else please send me a message.