Author Topic: Weapons are remove after log in  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Stormi

• Busta
  • Respect: +7/-3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RA]Stormi
  • Discord name: Stormi#9310
  • Crew: [RA]Red Army
Weapons are remove after log in
« on: April 15, 2021, 04:54:31 am »
In-game name : DaymnBruh
So i become a police officer its all fine and then when i off duty, half i mean almost all my weapons are gone except for my ak and chainsaw, i thought this just normal so i go to Ammu-Nation then buy the weapons that i lost then after that day i again on duty as officer then, it happened again the weapons are gone AGAIN, i think it happened 3 times? i mean its not a big deal but buying again and again weapons is a bit annoying. (Also im not sure if its a bug/glitch)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 04:56:59 am by D-aymn B-ruh »

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +417/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
Re: Weapons are remove after log in
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 11:38:16 am »
If this was an actual bug I'm sure someone would have encountered it and reported it by now...

Can you get a video?
View trailers here.

Offline Bahzi

• Respect: +10/-1
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [B]ahzi
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 11:13:01 am »
In-game name : DaymnBruh
So i become a police officer its all fine and then when i off duty, half i mean almost all my weapons are gone except for my ak and chainsaw,
Which weapons were gone. The weapons you bought as police officer or those you previously owned as a civilian?

Offline Parzival

• Respect: +79/-101
    • View Profile
  • Crew: Crew
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 04:42:00 pm »
speaking as I experienced this more than thrice, this occurs due to high packets loss, the weapon ammo count messes up and the server just decides to take it all away because it's unable to correct it-
xo

Offline Anthony

• Respect: +6/-10
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: anthony
  • Discord name: anthonyI
  • Crew: no crew
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 11:06:05 pm »
It happened to me several times but i was never able to record it ! Sometimes when i used to login i would spawn without any weapon when i would be 100% sure i owned several weapons before quitting! Not sure what is the reasons! But recording this is quite impossible and hard as it happens as soon as you log in!

Offline Raptor.

• Respect: +9/-3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Raptor.
  • Discord name: velociraptor.cc
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 06:22:46 am »
Which weapons were gone. The weapons you bought as police officer or those you previously owned as a civilian?

Both in civilian and also cop. it's randomly gone like one time sawn off gone and another one time deagle gone while this are in cops. while in civilian one time chainsaw gone. But this is happening when i quit the game for hours then login in game.

Offline Raptor.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 06:26:10 am »
speaking as I experienced this more than thrice, this occurs due to high packets loss, the weapon ammo count messes up and the server just decides to take it all away because it's unable to correct it-

May be, i'll check it next time, if i got packloss.

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +108/-73
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RA]Alex184
  • Discord name: J.Alex#5103
  • Crew: Founder of Ex [RA] Red Army Crew
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2021, 01:27:34 pm »
This has happend to @Stalenin today when the server crashed,
Basically the players don't lose the weapons, they just have them in their inventory with 0 ammo.
I think this occurs when you are having bad packet loss or crash, then rejoin. Maybe the anti cheat might remove them? Or maybe it's just a script error that occur?

I will be investigating each time this happens with a player and will send any more details I find about this matter here..
 “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +417/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2021, 01:41:03 pm »
The weapon anticheat works as follows:

The server knows what weapons you should have, and what ammo you should have for them:
- If your game tells the server you have more ammo than you should, it will remove the excess ammo.
- If your game tells the server you have less ammo than you should have, the server updates its knowledge of what ammo you should have by reducing it.
- If your game tells the server you have a weapon that you shouldn't have, it removes it.
- If your game tells the server you no longer have a weapon you had, the server updates its knowledge and removes that weapon from its memory.
- If your game tells the server you have 0 ammo, it doesn't remove the weapon, nor does your game, it's still in your inventory and the server's memory as having 0 ammo, you cannot select it in your weapon selection thing.

So if your game tells the server you now have 0 ammo, the server trusts you and updates its internal memory. I don't know why the server and/or player crashing/timing out would do that. I don't think it would, or we would see this issue much more often.

Then, we have to factor in the civ/cop loadout system. That seems to be where this issue in particular is. If we can do some testing and working out why that is, that'd be useful.

Can we 1000% confirm that it's simply the ammo gets set to 0 and the weapon stays? Can we try DIFFERENT weapons in civ/cop loadout so it's not confusing? For example try with a sawn-off shotgun in civ loadout but a combat shotgun as a cop, so we know what is being affected by what.
View trailers here.

Offline Raptor.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2021, 07:18:19 am »
Now a days can't find this bug. Like mike said,  weapon anti-cheat scripts. if someone have high packloss only, the weapon anti-cheat detect that player and remove some ammo/gun randomly. So pls lock this topic.