Author Topic: Police mentorship  (Read 959 times)

Rated 3 times

Offline Faksy

• Respect: +44/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Faksy
  • Discord name: regrat#4467
Police mentorship
« on: March 28, 2021, 07:30:11 pm »
« Last Rated on: April 03, 2021, 07:49:48 pm »
Say I'm rank 10 or something, have no infractions(as a cop at least), or some other condition. I could apply to be mentoring other newbie cops which would give me some rewards or something, an achievement.
So when players first become cops, they get option to get someone to mentor them, tell them what they need, what to be careful of, how to play effectively as a cop. Noob cop gets some bonus xp for arrests and stuff, mentor gets some bonux xp or something when newbie cuffs or arrests suspects.

I'm not sure how many people would use a feature like that and if it's sensible to make it but I for one would love something like that for sure. It would promote teamplay, and give noob cops a chance to understand how they should police.
This is just a rough idea, I could polish it out if necessary.

Thoughts ?

Offline Greens

• Busta
  • Respect: +1/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [77]Greens
  • Discord name: Greens#0558
Re: Police mentorship
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 07:41:39 pm »
Well I for one will admit then when I first became a cop, I didn't bother to read the cop rules that pop up on the screen because it was just a wall of text and I just wanted to play. So I just waited like 30 seconds and pressed the ESC key so it went away. I didn't break rules because being a cop is mostly common sense. Don't shoot players who aren't a threat to you, don't attack or carjack other cops, stuff like that I didn't need to read because I already knew that. But I didn't know about the tazer at first and I got my ass kicked pretty hard to the point where I didn't want to play as a cop. Thankfully faksy convinced me to give it another try and team with him and I do enjoy being a cop now. The only downside I can see to this idea is that you might have cops mentoring new players and giving them bad information. I guess that's why you would need to only allow this feature to cops who don't have a history of breaking rules. I just don't know how often this feature would be used. But it would be nice to have.

Offline Faksy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 07:49:19 pm »
Maybe something like having to have cop of the week at least once as a requirement to apply for mentorship. Yeah I'm not sure if anyone else would use it as well. But I would love that when I started out as a cop. Would also enjoy showing new cops around.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 07:52:59 pm by Okay »

Offline Azadbir Singh

• Busta
  • Respect: +1/-2
  • Chacha wow
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: clutch_baliye
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 04:15:31 pm »
what rules are made for -1

Offline Faksy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 05:59:18 pm »
Next time you wanna kill someone, dont go buy weapons. That's what fists are for.

Point being -why not strive for better, like Greens pointed out, I had similar experience and would love someone like Matthias for example show me the ropes when I started out(which then he did on forums). Like I'm sure it wouldn't be the most used feature, but maybe if its just something simple that takes 30mins to code might be worth it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 07:16:50 pm by Okay »