Author Topic: Blueberry lacks a convenience store / liquor store blip icon  (Read 1199 times)

Not rated

Offline Matthias

• Block of Text 2021
  • Respect: +30/-3
  • rawr x3 *pounces u* owo
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Matthias
I was reluctant to raise this given it floats between bug and suggestion depending on whether it is a design choice / oversight (or a combination of the two) but after some reflection I decided on it being a bug report.

https://i.imgur.com/m9lV4Hc.jpg
At the moment all of the towns in Red County (Palomino Creek, Montgomery & Dillimore) have stores with Dillimore effectively having three (gas station and two interior ones)!

The exception is Blueberry which has no stores at all but a open-world place that has a bar menu despite using the "store" blip icon.

1. Therefore there are a couple options to resolve:
--> a. the blip icon should be changed to the "bar/club" one to more accurately reflect what is sold.
--> b. the menu of this place should be changed to accurately reflect the "store" blip icon.

If a is chosen I deeply believe a store with interior needs to be added to Blueberry for immersion & practical reasons (see above & many player-houses nearby).

Finally the /gps locations need to be added to incorporate preferred resolutions from the above list (the current location is not listed anywhere on the GPS locations list right now).

Many thanks,
Matthias.

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +108/-73
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RA]Alex184
  • Discord name: J.Alex#5103
  • Crew: Founder of Ex [RA] Red Army Crew
Re: Blueberry lacks a convenience store / liquor store blip icon
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 11:10:54 pm »
Hey there @Matthias , Looking at the interior of this place, I think the right menu for it is the ''bar'' menu since it is a liquor store, however the place's icon is marked as a ''normal store'' which should be changed to a bar icon IMO. I shall log this bug and leave the decision for Mike.

Thanks for your report, it will be more clear for players after its fixed.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 11:16:20 pm by Alex184 »
 “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +108/-73
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RA]Alex184
  • Discord name: J.Alex#5103
  • Crew: Founder of Ex [RA] Red Army Crew
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 11:24:14 pm »
Bug report by Matthias (forum topic #6897)
Issue #1718
Issuehe liquor store in Blueberry is marked with the ''normal store'' icon but actually offers a ''bar'' menu.
DescriptionThere is a liquor store in blueberry which is marked on the minimap with a store icon, and in the same time it offers a bar menu when you touch the checkpoint inside
Script areaShop icons/menus
PriorityLow
Logged byAlex184
Assigned toMike
StatusOpen
CommentsThe fix is one of the two as the reporter stated, either the blip icon should be changed to the "bar" one to actually be obvious to players what is sold there OR The menu of this place should be changed to accurately reflect the "normal store" blip icon.
 “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 06:20:50 pm »
The icon for Blueberry Liqour store will be changed to the Bar icon next update.

As for now I've added a General Store and Diner to Blueberry (no need for a script update, this is live now):
https://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,7448.msg35669.html#msg35669

Topic moved to suggestions as this was not really a bug..
View trailers here.