Author Topic: cbug  (Read 5952 times)

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
cbug
« on: June 06, 2020, 11:30:45 am »
Pretty sure there was a discussion about whether or not people on this server wanted "dirty" fighting (aka cbug, 2shot etc) or a normal gameplay, and we ended up with the normal, clean gameplay. Months after that, we got the forced reload animation update so even the old regular "normal" gameplay was changed and is now what it is.

So, you clearly don't want any kind of abuse here, and that is okay. But, if that's the case, how come you're allowing players to post their videos, montages or whatever you wanna call them in which they're flexing with their cbugs, basically taking a piss on all your work for abuse-less gameplay? How come admins (which post there) are approving and praising them? How come the people who remove the sniper/rifle reload animation by pressing 'c' are actually staff members, publicly showing off their abuse knowledge without a single care?

Anyhow, the point of this topic is, that you gotta change something. If you want a clean gameplay then make it clean. If it means trashing everyone's clips (so people can see they're not supposed to do that) and issuing infractions then why not start doing it?
If however you're cool with them abusing a bug which makes your update pointless - then undo the update and let us have the old gameplay without any kind of forced reload animations, and consider publicly allowing players to abuse everything there is, since you're already doing it kinda.

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
Re: cbug
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 11:48:31 am »
yikes

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 12:15:29 pm »
It's called mikes cop and robbers BETA for a reason.

I've made additional changes to prevent abuse of cbug for the next update. If the script doesn't block it then thats not the playerbases fault.

Also implemented something to prevent keybinders too since they seem to fuck the script completely

Offline chuppy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 12:38:35 pm »
Why would you have to rely on a script doing the work for you? You can easly make it a rule (actually it already is a rule). There will always be ways to go around the script abusing bugs and that's supposed to be reported and players abusing punished, not publicly shown for people to learn and do the same. At least you would expect that from staff members, right? Since they're the ones doing it as well, what's the point of playing fair? They're the model we're supposed to follow, so where will that lead us?

While we're at it, not sure how you can even script such a thing when you're able to use c combined with deagle for it's actual purpose - crouching. They're not spamming it because the script blocks it, however that doesn't mean what they're doing no longer counts as cbug.

Let's not get into the fact they move faster with deagle cos of their unlocked fps, cbug faster because of it, making it basically impossible to lock them with a chainsaw while they're moving and shooting you(which isn't the case with clean game files). They're taking a piss and ya'll keep your mouths open and accept it graciously. Why though? Is it because you're afraid you might lose them? That shouldn't be a concern for a server which would prevail even without them, IMO.

The actual point of me making this topic though is because you're defending both completely opposite sides. You can't throw x updates to lower bug abuse to a bare minimum, and at the same time be cool with people abusing their way back. You either make it OK to abuse bugs or you don't. Simple. Admins punishing players for it, while at the same time praising them when they make a video of it. Where's the logic in that
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 12:42:09 pm by chuppy »

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-9
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Solid
  • Discord name: Solid#3859
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 01:37:04 pm »
I am quite confused on this issue as well.. As much as I've played on this server, cbugging has never been allowed, yet when you look around everyone's doing it... So then it is or it isn't?

And whilst we are on the topic of combat, the reload animation is supposed to happen if you switch to a different weapon and that weapon doesn't have maximum ammo, right? Well you can just ignore that completely by placing 2-4 seconds inbetween your weapon switches, so you just walk around the restriction.

Offline chuppy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 01:44:27 pm »
There's also a 1-2 second reload animation every time you fire with sniper/rifle, which again they abuse by simply pressing 'c'. I get that dmers do it, obviously it helps, however staff not doing anything to stop them, matter of fact staff doing exactly that alongside with them and showing it here in their cbug montages makes the whole administration look like a joke imo.

If you're trying to make gameplay as fair as possible, with constantly making updates and adjustments to guns to avoid all the different kind of abusing, how can you allow this to happen? It just makes no sense to me.. Trying to make something as perfect as you possibly can, spending hours and hours on scripting and testing while at the same time allowing players to take a shit on it.

And no, don't blame the script. There will always be new bugs to abuse, no matter how frequent the updates are. Blame the players for taking advantage of it and do proper actions to (hopefully) stop them from doing the same in future.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 01:49:49 pm by chuppy »

Offline Parzival

• Respect: +79/-101
    • View Profile
  • Crew: Crew
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 02:43:32 pm »
I totally agree with you, right now, in this situation, when I disallow one player to use cbug, some moments later he comes back to me telling me that another guy is using cbug. I take care of those two persons, then another guy comes up bringing proof of a staff member allowing it's usage. Either allow it without any possible restriction, or totally forbid it's usage. That's all I got.
xo

Offline DepressedKid

• Street Soldier
  • Respect: +4/-3
  • Jizzzz
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DepressedKid
  • Discord name: depkid#2802
  • Crew: 59
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 03:44:59 pm »
agree.

Offline UnforgiveN

• Respect: +49/-14
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: UnforgiveN
  • Crew: 36 Boys
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 02:26:09 pm »
Deja Vu . You remind me ss_striker
logo" border="0

Offline legend

• legend himself
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +145/-185
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: saz.1337
  • Discord name: MLGERROR#8473
  • Crew: 1337WESTMOB
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2020, 10:02:36 pm »
If staff keeps changing rules, no shit, people will have no clue whats allowed, whats not. It used to be forbidden, then allowed, then back forbidden, for god sake, just state it in rules. Forcing people to reload their weapons, ofc will force people to abuse bugs to avoid them.
Totally agreeing with chupps, its a shit-show right now. Staff should be mentors to non-staff team, I learnt it the other way.

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2020, 10:43:58 pm »
What I personally think about this topic, is what you always mention in there: abuse, abuse, this game is not legit, people use scripts, scripts, scripts to avoid stuff, they work for them, etc etc.

This game was released in 2004, it's the oldest game we are still playing in 2020, let's forget the fact, that every bug you experience, has to be avoid or either abused, it's the game itself's theme, you can't complain about it anymore, nobody is willing to be fixing these bugs, and release a "PC anniversary" for it. People are just trying to make the game a little bit easier for them by using these stuff, it's not really a big deal, you can't always look out for the fixes in order to actually dig through the ACTUAL developer code, so you can fix the "cbug, 2shot", and other common bugs what are generally inside this game's self. People are not always obliged to be complying for everything what you say, they'll be always finding out the way to be avoiding it, using bugs, abusing animations, etc. Not to mention that me - myself, I am sometimes abusing anything, but I'm also pointing out for everyone especially the staff members (they are also the regular players, and not always clean, but it's just how the game is designed, so you should just get over it).

Offline chuppy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2020, 12:44:17 am »
Quote from: Mike
Do not exploit bugs or glitches, either in GTA, SA-MP or this server
Sometimes bugs occur which can give you an advantage over other players. Knowingly exploiting these is not allowed and players will have their illegitimate cash/score removed and received an infraction.

Do not share knowledge of exploitable bugs or glitches. Report them to the relevant parties (SA-MP or server developers).

There's nothing to "get over" here. Rules are here for a reason and they're supposed to be followed. However, as I mentioned in my original post, some staff members are ignoring it and some are even abusing it themselves. This makes the whole team look unprofessional and it needs to be fixed, either by changing/editing the rules so it's publicly known that abusing bugs is okay OR by starting to take actions against players and staff members who abuse bugs.

It's entirely your choice (Mike and/or M3E6) what you want this server to be, but something needs changing because this isn't working out - you can't keep saying one thing and then do something completely opposite. You also can't blame the script for everything, it's exactly why you have rules to fill in the gaps.

EDIT: if we are indeed okay with abusing bugs that your script doesn't detect, does that mean I can also go around ninjajacking players? I can call it a game feature too, just like cbug.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 10:38:41 am by chuppy »

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2020, 01:35:39 am »
Bump,

I recently re-posted another topic regarding cbug to ask about players' opinions regarding it, I do well know that M3E6 lastly decided to publicly put an allow to "cbug" ever since Mike invented reload system animation which no one asked for to enhance combat fights a little bit more.

if we are indeed okay with abusing bugs that your script doesn't detect, does that mean I can also go around ninjajacking players? I can call it a game feature too, just like cbug.
If we're talking about the difference between cbug and ninjajack's powers - they have a HUGE difference, since ninjajack is technically a bug where you just insta kill someone, and cbug is an animation cancelling to your deagle.

Offline chuppy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2020, 01:47:26 am »
If we're talking about the difference between cbug and ninjajack's powers - they have a HUGE difference, since ninjajack is technically a bug where you just insta kill someone, and cbug is an animation cancelling to your deagle.

You literally uploaded a video of you cbugging with rifle and one-shot killing players in moving vehicles. How can you call cbug a minor thing after that? It's a problem, especially when the developer is scripting fixes for every god damn thing people abused (instead of making it a rule, and using the 30admins to fix the problem and not wasting time scripting a fix which doesnt even entirely fix it)..hell even the reloading was over-powered in his eyes, even though no one ever bitched about it.

If this gameplay is fine with you, simply undo everything else you've spent your time on and let's have proper dirty fighting. You can't have both, so just choose what you want this server to be already.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 01:50:04 am by chuppy »

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2020, 02:37:54 am »
yeah, 30 admins to monitor everyone who are complaining for "unarmed attack", "dmed me", "cophunt" instead of bringing along the recorder, man up, and file a legit complaint.

as for cbug, hey, it's a new day, new update, aim sway is removed, no more insta headshot kills.

so, the people should be fine with cbug as long as we have reload animation scripted, because no one asked for it, nor it brings any fairness nor any good, it just breaks the whole concept of fighting.

Offline Astro

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +27/-29
  • Шутер сум во скуадот бејби викај ме Бекам!!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Astronaut
  • Discord name: Panter#8103
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2020, 04:15:07 am »
so, the people should be fine with cbug as long as we have reload animation scripted, because no one asked for it, nor it brings any fairness nor any good, it just breaks the whole concept of fighting.
Look at the concept of real life you couldnt pull pistol and shoot 3 bullets then  when you take your rifle too  burst more bullets and excpect your pistol to have full clip obviously it should reload. Its a game where you can avoid many things like the reload anim or anything but c-bug , c-bug its a bug which is not a real life thing as i may  say completely a different level of abuse.

yeah, 30 admins to monitor everyone who are complaining for "unarmed attack", "dmed me", "cophunt" instead of bringing along the recorder, man up, and file a legit complaint.
As i said those are also real life things and thats why are reported and ppl cant really record all the time and lose time to upload videos btw even if its video recorded filling a complaint  and getting dissmised while the player who reported lost like 2hrs recording the things and uploading the videos not to mention not playing or when playing have huge packet loss or ping over 500 is kinda annoying

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2020, 02:29:19 pm »
I'm sorry? But, are we playing real life/roleplay server?

Your opinion is irrelevant to what we're talking about.

Offline Flyburger

• MOST TOXIC PLAYER 2020
  • Respect: +105/-98
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Flyburger
  • Discord name: Flyburger#9706
  • Crew: KoS always in heart
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2020, 02:45:39 pm »
Bringing IRL stuff into game is never gonna work. Real life is real life and game is game, both are separated things.

Offline Uncle Mega

• Respect: +27/-8
  • Ex CM
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Megatron
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2020, 11:09:22 am »
With the new update, the reloading animation prevents the 2-2 sawns shots and cbug is disabled by the system.
As stated by the rules: "Do not exploit bugs or glitches, either in GTA, SA-MP or this server" - Mike has added features that prevent from doing those things.
And it's there for a reason, cbug and 2-2 are not allowed.

Since the start/launch of the community we already discussed and talked about it, we came up to the conclusion that we want a fair game for everyone, and right now it is.
MCNR is a community that aims to be balanced and fair for everyone and give a chance for every player.
There are many things and bugs that can be abused against other players, which give them a huge advantage over other players.

I heard that the previous CM allowed cbug, idk if that's true or not, but as of now, it's not.
And if someone bypasses the system, he will be punished, if he's an admin or a player, that doesn't really matter - actions will be taken.

Offline Xx_Clara_Cynthia_xX

• Staff member of the month July 2019
  • Respect: +66/-48
  • Meow of the year
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Xx_Clara_Cynthia_xX
  • Discord name: claracynthia
  • Crew: Cat Squads
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2020, 12:32:52 pm »
You can still cbugging for 1-2 times, but still you can get detected by the anticheat for cbugging, it's not a big deal to be complaint around for "cbugging"..unless they using cbugging cleo file..well i haven't see someone using it yet, but i'm pretty sure if they using it, they will just fuck them own up on their gta