Author Topic: Medic Abilities  (Read 1837 times)

Rated 5 times

Offline exoterix

• Street Soldier
  • Respect: +5/-2
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: exoterix
Medic Abilities
« on: May 27, 2020, 10:34:01 am »
« Last Rated on: May 28, 2020, 07:58:23 pm »
As a medic, if someone attacks me for no reason whatsoever, I have no way of defending myself. I can't shoot them because they take no damage, I can't even place a hit on them (no option for medics to place hits).

At the moment, all a medic can do is record the DM and post it to complaints (which by the way i did yesterday which proved completely futile)
eg: https://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,3634.0.html

I'm not sure what more Parzival wants to be honest, I don't record my entire game session, I only hit record when under attack for NO REASON.

So, basically, as a medic you're completely vulnerable and open to attack and can't do anything about being DM'd by these toxic players who should be being punished when the person under attack for no reason, chooses the only option he can and that is to hit record. Parzival dismissed my being DM'd PURELY because I was medic.

Parzival quote "Showing /crimes won't help because you were a medic. Will warn the guy, good luck reporting next time"

I'd like my complaint actioned on please by an admin that can see what's happened. I'm being DM'd for no reason other than trying to play the game FAIRLY. I play by the rules and never DM. If me hitting record and recording a player randomly killing me for no reason and then uploading that video to youtube and forum does nothing, then what's the point?

Offline quail

• Baller
  • Respect: +9/-7
    • View Profile
Re: Medic Abilities
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 11:17:10 am »
If u see the written line of be one of the good guys, firefighter, cop, medic you'll concludes
The medic is good guy so his job must be to heal players not to kill,
But in this solution that you said if they hit you you can't damage them if you shot
So i agree with you in punished who do that ,disagree to ability damage them.

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
  • Respect: +129/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dudesdog
  • Discord name: Dudesdog#6216
  • Crew: 77 - Continental Crew
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 02:23:41 pm »
What are you suggesting be done? Medic's can kill people without getting wanted/going off duty? I see this ending badly.
As a medic you are essentially a peace keeper, healer, and to revive. I suggest being more aware of your surroundings, and /report the player as soon as you see the DM.
Generally, most people do not attack medics.

Offline Flyburger

• MOST TOXIC PLAYER 2020
  • Respect: +105/-98
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Flyburger
  • Discord name: Flyburger#9706
  • Crew: KoS always in heart
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 03:59:46 pm »
For what Parzival mean that showing /crimes doesn't help is because we are unsure that did you attack that guy vehicle's when you're a medic or disturbing their gameplay, I know it's bullshit but this is just to avoid wrongfully punishment .Anyway everyone was new here,he's new too,so I guess he doesn't know the rules,warn would do the job perfectly since it's nothing major.

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 11:15:21 pm »
It's just as hard as it would be if you were a cop. Proving DM is not an easy task, not even /crimes as a civilian is enough since you could have, for example, pushed his car into water. There's no way of knowing what happened before you started recording and you're pretty much left to showing a video from the moment you/him joined the server to prove your innocence. Complaining ingame might get you more luck, since admins can then spectate the player and see what his gameplay is really like.

Not entirely sure why civilians are so protected, even the yellow ones. They're untouchable even when they are attacking you (until they turn orange). This needs to be completely removed. If you're scared of new cops causing trouble, limit their damage - not everyones. This would help us a lot with defending ourselves, since people abuse this quite a lot.

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 01:09:46 am »
Not entirely sure why civilians are so protected, even the yellow ones. They're untouchable even when they are attacking you (until they turn orange). This needs to be completely removed.
Props to that.
If you're scared of new cops causing trouble, limit their damage - not everyones.
what do you mean by that?

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 10:57:15 am »
what do you mean by that
This protection was added mainly because new cops don't know the rules and would randomly shoot at civilians. This however doesn't teach them anything, they can still shoot at your cars (and do), they can still kill you when you're unarmed (and do), so why keep this? If we can make a complaint about them doing that, we may as well complain about them randomly shooting our skin. Again, people abuse this a lot and there's no way to protect yourself right now. We're forced to wait until they turn orange and that's usually when we're already without our armor so the fight isn't fair at all.

The original post was supposed to be like, give players damage immunity only if it comes from a new cop, low level cop or a cop with less than x hours. That way you'd still keep the original point of this feature (although it isn't really needed and whoever whined about it could just whined in /report or forums), and regular cops would be able to protect themselves like civilians can.

Offline LinkOscuro457

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +1/-5
  • Arriba España
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: LinkOscuro457
  • Discord name: Link Oscuro457
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 07:58:48 pm »
As a medic, if someone attacks me for no reason whatsoever, I have no way of defending myself. I can't shoot them because they take no damage, I can't even place a hit on them (no option for medics to place hits).

At the moment, all a medic can do is record the DM and post it to complaints (which by the way i did yesterday which proved completely futile)
eg: https://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,3634.0.html

I'm not sure what more Parzival wants to be honest, I don't record my entire game session, I only hit record when under attack for NO REASON.

So, basically, as a medic you're completely vulnerable and open to attack and can't do anything about being DM'd by these toxic players who should be being punished when the person under attack for no reason, chooses the only option he can and that is to hit record. Parzival dismissed my being DM'd PURELY because I was medic.

Parzival quote "Showing /crimes won't help because you were a medic. Will warn the guy, good luck reporting next time"

I'd like my complaint actioned on please by an admin that can see what's happened. I'm being DM'd for no reason other than trying to play the game FAIRLY. I play by the rules and never DM. If me hitting record and recording a player randomly killing me for no reason and then uploading that video to youtube and forum does nothing, then what's the point?

Buena Sugerencia Hermano Español
Arriba España