Poll

What should be done about the client version restriction?

Reject all old clients (R1, R2 and R3).
4 (16%)
Reject very old clients (R1 and R2), allowing R3 and R4.
13 (52%)
Allow all clients.
8 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: January 23, 2020, 03:04:02 pm

Author Topic: POLL: Client version restriction  (Read 4460 times)

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
POLL: Client version restriction
« on: January 09, 2020, 03:02:37 pm »
With the release of SA-MP 0.3.7 R4 I blocked connections from older versions of the 0.3.7 SA-MP client (R1, R2 and R3) for security reasons. It lessens the impact cheaters/hackers can have. We get less cheaters/hackers as most cheat tools aren't updated to work with R4.

However the downside to this is that many players won't/can't update their SA-MP (which literally takes 2 minutes..) and our playerbase seems to be decreasing as a result. We were hitting 50 players often before, and now can go days without hitting 35.

Should I remove the client check (or only deny R1 and R2, allowing R3) or not? Please vote and leave your thoughts below.

Thanks
Mike

EDIT: I will trial fully disabling the client version check for a couple of weeks and see what happens in terms of playerbase. This is active as of the time of posting.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 03:06:15 pm by Mike »
View trailers here.

Offline codeshadow

• Respect: +43/-20
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Client version restriction
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 03:06:29 pm »
I think you should remove the version restriction. In some time zone server have very few players. No one wants to play in empty server.

Offline DeltaNeo

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 03:22:35 pm »
IMO you should reject connections from older clients (especially clients which are compatible with SAMPFUNCS), yes, I've seen the impact it has caused, less players. But hey, at least remove the check temporarily and we'll see.

Offline Parzival

• Respect: +79/-101
    • View Profile
  • Crew: Crew
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 03:58:49 pm »
Tbh, the current restriction is more safer, and reliable for the players, as we're having a decent player-base, with less cheaters..in my opinion, we can re-build those numbers of player count soon, and as we're not too old yet, we'll have players soon enough.
xo

Offline InPoint

• Busta
  • Respect: +1/-2
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: InPoint
  • Discord name: private sus#7422
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 05:25:47 pm »
Personally think that you should allow r2 and r3, also how can you not know to go in a website and press the download link, is it THAT hard, I was wondering why alot of my friends weren't playing, could be it, so if we plan something out smartly we can solve it yet keep the safety

Offline Rockstarboi

• Baller
  • Respect: +63/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 05:35:07 pm »
Allow all cilents cheaters will stay cheaters even if you change it thats why we have administrator if you really want no cheaters make sv with sampcac and kick all staff but with sampcac you will have 12 players or less per month.

Offline RavenGuard69

• Banned
  • Baller
  • Respect: +16/-60
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Bear
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 06:30:08 pm »

the R1 and R2 versions are very easy to cheat so only allow R3 only.by the way we have admins so they can take care of R3 easier.

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 08:09:09 pm »
Expand the admin/mod team a bit more and I think we can easily deal with the cheaters from r1 through to r4.

Offline Ashley

• Busta
  • Respect: +3/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ashley
  • Discord name: Ashley#8402
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 02:39:18 am »
R1 & R2 was too old. Let's allowed R3 for the sake of all and yes cheater remain cheater until they realize they wasting their time to do it instead playing fair. We have Moderator & Admin Let's them to take responsibilities from cheater 

Offline Treba

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +32/-78
  • Buster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 04:52:58 pm »
What if we mention that the server supports 0.3.7 R4 client in server/gamemode title? Having connection rejected by the time you already entered the game might be pissing some people off
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 05:00:26 pm by ᛏreba »
Please stop +REP'ing me. I already know I'm most authoritative here

Offline Rasyan

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +4/-8
  • Deputy. Rasyan
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: rasyan
  • Discord name: Russian
  • Crew: Shadow Assassin [SAS]
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 05:32:23 am »
I think u should remove the version checker , and add (0.3.7) r1-r4 on the server title for make their know the server version , if there has a cheater then let all admins doing their job . patroling(cheater hunter). cuz nobody want to play an empty server (not fun and boring)

and if u want , unbanned all the banned players . make them second chance to dont cheat or make a problem again . and add the server titles (unbanned) or announce it on discord server / forum . I think this make community grew up again as a time before

« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 05:38:32 am by Rasyan »

Dont bully me , i know im a noob

Offline Vectorman

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +16/-21
  • very hard to kill..
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Vectorman
  • Discord name: Vectorman#2161
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 06:31:14 pm »
Personally MCNR is not the only server that all people playing at
So we know that so many servers working on r1,r2 and r3 but rarely on r4..but people have to play on orther server too on r3 but when you say to change to r4 to play in your server people wont update just because you ask it....btw when i play on other server with r4 my connection still reject sometimes and disconnected 🤫you should change it to r3 again
Cheaters will always be in your server thats something you cant finish to deal with
So as i know that admin is not online everytime you should add more admins and moderators at each timezone
For in my country when its night there is no admins and moderators and there r a lot of rulesbreaker and cheater
People will always be lazy to report or take ssc or video to report on forum bc thats take a lot of time so you should add more admin and moderators

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 01:10:11 am »
A few days in, there was some hackers each day, but the anti cheat is still efficient at limiting their impact. It's mostly been people spawning guns or teleporting, airbreak, or speedhack. So far none I have seen have actually had the chance to impact a legit player.

The player count is way up over the course of the whole day as well. New players and groups are coming into the server and they like what they see. Some are on r2 and r3, they don't want to upgrade because they play on other servers that only support R2 or R3.

Offline Vectorman

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +16/-21
  • very hard to kill..
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Vectorman
  • Discord name: Vectorman#2161
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 03:40:05 am »
A few days in, there was some hackers each day, but the anti cheat is still efficient at limiting their impact. It's mostly been people spawning guns or teleporting, airbreak, or speedhack. So far none I have seen have actually had the chance to impact a legit player.

The player count is way up over the course of the whole day as well. New players and groups are coming into the server and they like what they see. Some are on r2 and r3, they don't want to upgrade because they play on other servers that only support R2 or R3.

exatly what im talking about...Mike should let r3 and remove r4

Offline Ashley

• Busta
  • Respect: +3/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ashley
  • Discord name: Ashley#8402
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 12:42:08 pm »
I think Mike already turn off the server version restriction :'( of R3. Well Anti Cheat work fine as far as i know, when you meet a troller ingame they suddenly get kick from the server.

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +108/-73
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RA]Alex184
  • Discord name: J.Alex#5103
  • Crew: Founder of Ex [RA] Red Army Crew
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 02:18:16 am »
Open connections only to R3 and R4
 “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”

Offline [V]eteran950

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +9/-21
  • ??? I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY SONNY ???
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [V]eteran950
  • Discord name: Ayan Chanda #9370
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2020, 04:46:40 pm »
"We get less cheaters/hackers as most cheat tools aren't updated to work with R4." Ah there are many hacks like Cheat Menu...
Subscribe my youtube channel "VETERAN 950"