Author Topic: Removing knockdown animation / Reducing chances of breaking free from cuffs  (Read 1531 times)

Not rated

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
Cops are already vulnerable enough with the cuffing and arrest animation(especially with all these gangs in this server, there's always one or two or even five players that will shoot you down if you try to go for an arrest)..this animation though, the "knockdown" when the player breaks out of your cuffs is too much. I'd like to see it get completely removed, because the 2 previously mentioned animations cops need to endure are more than enough, but if it for some reason must stay at least drastically lower the chances of suspects breaking free.

Don't get me wrong, animations look great and the whole system fits nicely, but because of the high headshot damage and the long durations of all these animations this simply cannot be here.

Below you will find a video of why this should be done..pay attention to his health, and my health+armor and the outcome of me trying to do a "proper" job. You may say I'm unlucky, but these things happen too often and are a pain in the ass.

https://streamable.com/syqlc

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
I completely agree and have just changed it for the next update. It will be changed to a slight step backwards.

I have also made it so if a cop is attacked while cuffing it gets cancelled. This might make it harder to cuff but you can’t just ignore it imo. Let me know if you have further feedback.  Thanks!

Might also make it so you can end the arrest animation early or just make it shorter in general?

P.S. Nice skills. Shame the system fucked you over on that one.

Might also need to add a key bind to use medkit while downed?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 12:28:51 am by Mike »
View trailers here.

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
Step backwards sounds good, for both sides..it will definitely bring some balance.

I'm also glad to hear about cuffing animation stopping once you receive damage, it will give cops a chance to defend themselves instead of being sitting ducks. Even if it comes with a risk of losing your suspect, it's still better than being a free kill.

Making the arrest animation shorter/skippable sounds great too. It's something cops will definitely appreciate, especially in the situations when you're getting shot at.

Me mistyping the /medkit was probably the result of me not believing what just happened hah..
I don't think it's necessary to bring it up as a key, since we have plenty of time to type it down before the other guy can deal the final shot, but then again I wouldn't mind seeing it either.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
As promised, done. Now live in version 1.5: http://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,2218.msg8566.html#msg8566

I look forward to hearing your feedback on this.
View trailers here.