Author Topic: Change Bribe Limit (3 times) to Bribe Amount (Eg. $10k)  (Read 116 times)

Rated 1 time

Offline Roro

• Banned
  • Respect: +5/-9
  • Realest mf breathin.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Roro
  • Discord name: Roro#3177
Change Bribe Limit (3 times) to Bribe Amount (Eg. $10k)
« on: April 20, 2024, 12:01:20 pm »
« Last Rated on: April 22, 2024, 12:28:50 am »
Currently cop bribes are limited by a count, which resets every 10 minutes I think, basically you can only bribe 3 people then you get a cooldown, while this has its advantages I think switching to a "Bribe Amount Limit" would make more sense, say I can bribe as many people as I want as long as this bribe amount doesn't exceed $10k for example, which resets after 10 minutes just like the current system

Why:
  • Makes cops more sensible when giving bribes, so they won't spam people with $10k bribes and expect the players to accept it
  • Allows cops to bribe more people, for example out of jail, which keeps the action flowing, instead of the criminals just waiting in jail for 3-4 minutes everytime they get arrested, it gives cops the option to release the criminals as many times as they want while not taking advantage of them because of the amount limit (they would do $500 per bribe for instance)
  • Adding on the second point, the cops always have the option NOT to offer a bribe if the action seems too intense

Problem:
  • How would a player offering a cop bribes work? Would it deny them the option to offer a bribe, if the cop is already beyond the bribe amount limit? Or if the bribe offered exceeds this amount?
Solution:
  • Give players the option to offer any bribe, no matter the amount (within $10k) even if it makes the cop exceed the limit, thus the cop will have something like ($12,123/$10,000) and therefore he is now beyond the limit, unable to offer or accept bribes. To clarify, this is only from the criminal's side, a cop shouldn't be able to offer a bribe higher than the sum left for his amount limit

This solution is just off the top of my head ^ If you have another idea in mind let me know in the replies but I think this would really be good for keeping the server alive at times where all the criminals seem to get arrested and most cops are unwilling to bribe, while the few cops willing to bribe are already at their bribe limit, it balances out because the bribing cops cannot abuse this either
[/list]