Author Topic: Personal cars are a bit of an hassle to maintain.  (Read 1657 times)

Not rated

Offline diogogames

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +3/-7
  • Professional Noob
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: diogogames
  • Discord name: Stormnet
Personal cars are a bit of an hassle to maintain.
« on: February 01, 2020, 09:22:13 am »
Right now, there are fuel mechanics, repair mechanics, and in my opinion they kinda of make owning a personal car (that should be a convinience, as you dont have to worry about the law and can mod it as you please without the worry it will despawn) more of a hassle, and heres why:

1-Fuel mechanic is useless when you arent driving something you own (Why refuel this car I robbed? Lets just jack other.) and is boring, in my opinion, to watch out for. I dont want to drive into a gas station every time I do a big travel around LS. In my opinion just remove it, or add a (one time buy) upgrade for garages that allow them to refuel cars for free.

2-Having to go to a garage and pay to repair a car, every single time you crash it to look good is a hassle in a game called GTA where you spent 45% of the time you drive crashing your car (I dont mean that cars should be invulnerable, but maybe allow players to hire permanently (one time buy) a mechanic for garages that repairs your car for free every time you send to that garage (on a property or individual garages).

This is my opinion, maybe I'm wrong about it, let me know please.

Offline ranja

• Respect: +106/-26
  • Ryder did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: ranja
  • Crew: WESTMOB
Re: Personal cars are a bit of an hassle to maintain.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 03:29:11 pm »
I think I have to disagree with the first statement you wrote. See, the economy must flow in the game, and it's more realistic that you must frequently look at your tank while driving your vehicle.
The second statement it's anti-climatic. It's true the majority of the time we ride our vehicles they get wrecked by our own or others mistakes but it also comes around what I've said above about the first statement: the economy must keep flowing and sincerely if it wasn't like this it would become unrealistic.

Offline Riley

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +19/-1
  • erobere dich, damit du stark sein kannst.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Riley
  • Discord name: Vulcan#6258
  • Crew: Killed On Sight
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 04:08:06 pm »
I think I have to disagree with the first statement you wrote. See, the economy must flow in the game, and it's more realistic that you must frequently look at your tank while driving your vehicle.
The second statement it's anti-climatic. It's true the majority of the time we ride our vehicles they get wrecked by our own or others mistakes but it also comes around what I've said above about the first statement: the economy must keep flowing and sincerely if it wasn't like this it would become unrealistic.
Agree

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 08:17:37 am »
1. Fuel system won’t be removed. It’s one of the RPG features of the server. In the future you will be able to carry a Jerry can around with you and also Mechanics will be able to refuel your vehicle anywhere.

2. You can buy engine and tire repair kits from gas stations. Are you talking about visual damage? If so I won’t be making it so you can visually repair a vehicle without visiting a Pay ‘n’ Spray as it would be unrealistic. Perhaps personal vehicles could be repaired in your storage garage somehow but not sure how to interface that.
View trailers here.

Offline diogogames

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +3/-7
  • Professional Noob
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: diogogames
  • Discord name: Stormnet
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 11:55:53 am »
I now agree and respect your views about fuel.
And in order for the "mechanic" in your garage, I thought it could act like a property "Upgrade" for garages/properties with garages. I wonder honesly if it should be a daily fee or a one time buy with a high cost.

And thanks for the replies and constructive criticism.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 06:37:12 am »
I now agree and respect your views about fuel.
And in order for the "mechanic" in your garage, I thought it could act like a property "Upgrade" for garages/properties with garages. I wonder honesly if it should be a daily fee or a one time buy with a high cost.

And thanks for the replies and constructive criticism.
Thanks for your mature feedback it’s very welcomed. Daily fee for a garage mechanic - perhaps. I suppose you already have a guy that delivers your vehicles to you.
View trailers here.