Author Topic: Pursuit Unit division (LEO Features)  (Read 2631 times)

Not rated

Offline rjpars21

• Busta
  • Respect: +11/-1
  • SWAT OFFICER
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: rjpars21
Pursuit Unit division (LEO Features)
« on: December 27, 2019, 12:00:31 am »
It has come to my attention that ranging about 100% of criminals used Sports vehicles such as Infernus, Cheetah, Bullet, and Turismo, etc.

Now in order to have a fair competition within these suspects we LEO must have also a Pursuit unit what we called in-game, but sadly we only had three vehicles which are not enough to chase down these suspects with a Sports vehicle. Police vehicles such as LSPD, LVPD, SFPD, Ranger, Premier, and HPV is not enough to chase a criminal who had sports cars that these criminals can outsmart these low-class police vehicle.

As for my suggestion, I would like to introduce to you a division in the Police department called "Pursuit Unit" where there would be skin, special features and, more Pursuit vehicles unit. (They're basically like FBI and SWAT that had special features)

Skin:
Skin ID 117

Skin ID 118

Skin ID 93

For vehicles, there would be a more additional unit at a garage. From 3 to 6.

The police rank to obtain this feature is around: (Suggest it down below.)

As for special features, the Pursuit Unit would have a "Police officer menu" and has ability to spawn different Pursuit Unit vehicles (It's a choice if you want Infernus, Cheetah, etc)
They're Invisible on radar blip when far but when near they're visible same as SWAT or FBI features.
Each Pursuit unit vehicles will be equipped with spike strips just as usual and a NOS.

Implementing this suggestion would be a relief for us in order to have a fair competition with these criminals whose such to use Sports vehicles in order to outsmart low-class police vehicles.

Offline rjpars21

• Busta
  • SWAT OFFICER
    • View Profile
Re: Pursuit Unit division (LEO Features)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 12:03:34 am »
Who's favor of adding NRG as a Pursuit Unit vehicle?

Offline Xx_Clara_Cynthia_xX

• Staff member of the month July 2019
  • Respect: +66/-48
  • Meow of the year
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Xx_Clara_Cynthia_xX
  • Discord name: claracynthia
  • Crew: Cat Squads
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 05:45:51 am »
This is good idea..better adding this while you cancel to adding army right? Maybe this one need high requirement maybe cops rank 15 or 20 (15kxp or 20kxp) to prevent from abusing the vehicles...any opinion you want to add everyone?

Offline DeltaNeo

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 05:57:01 am »
Adding another division isn't really necessary. From my testing, normal cruisers are faster than most vehicles (excluding sports cars and NRG). Pursuit vehicles are essential and should be added and rank-locked.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 07:06:30 am by DeltaNeo »

Offline rjpars21

• Busta
  • SWAT OFFICER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 10:16:58 am »
Adding another division isn't really necessary. From my testing, normal cruisers are faster than most vehicles (excluding sports cars and NRG). Pursuit vehicles are essential and should be added and rank-locked.
My point actually here is about to have a fair competition. 100% of Criminals is already using sports vehicle. Would you think Police vehicles can outsmart them with their sports vehicle?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 10:19:33 am by rjpars21 »

Offline Lancerb1

• Respect: +33/-11
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Lancerb1
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 08:23:03 pm »
The best strategy to combat criminals driving sport cars is to ride along with other cops so they can try and pop the tires of the fleeing car. If cops were not allowed to use their personal vehicles to pursue criminals, then I would agree with having the LEO division. However, this isn't the case as cops also use high end sport vehicles to pursue criminals like myself. Also being able to freely spawn high end sport pursue cars (infernus, turismo, bullet, etc) seems a bit OP in my opinion. This is because if the pursue car is too damaged or low on fuel, a cop can easily spawn a brand new one while a criminal has no such luxury.

Offline typtics

• Respect: +63/-128
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 11:04:55 pm »
Who's favor of adding NRG as a Pursuit Unit vehicle?
+1  :D

Offline rjpars21

• Busta
  • SWAT OFFICER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 03:17:05 am »
The best strategy to combat criminals driving sport cars is to ride along with other cops so they can try and pop the tires of the fleeing car. If cops were not allowed to use their personal vehicles to pursue criminals, then I would agree with having the LEO division. However, this isn't the case as cops also use high end sport vehicles to pursue criminals like myself. Also being able to freely spawn high end sport pursue cars (infernus, turismo, bullet, etc) seems a bit OP in my opinion. This is because if the pursue car is too damaged or low on fuel, a cop can easily spawn a brand new one while a criminal has no such luxury.

Not every cop had a sports vehicle owned it could take time for them to bought one. Since there was already a suggestion to re-balance the economy which means there's a possibility that the High-end vehicles (Sports vehicle) cost much larger. I think it's a good suggestion for those cops who can't afford a high-sport vehicle.

Offline shavejs

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Taet_Led_LV
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 08:50:24 pm »
I agree with Lancerb1. Its very unneccesary.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 10:17:51 am »
I am in favour of allowing cops to request a pursuit vehicle through the interaction menu but I don’t think a separate class is needed for this.

The problem is restrictions. If cops can call for a pursuit unit from anywhere why would they ever use normal cop cars again? I don’t want the server to only have cops in black sports cars because it would look silly.

One option could be to charge the cops to request one of these vehicles but people have that much money it doesn’t really matter.

Another option is that it could be time limited. Maybe you can only request a pursuit unit once a day and if it gets destroyed you have to wait 24 hours to call another or something.

Another option is giving pursuit units a disadvantage over normal cop cars. They have a speed advantage but no other disadvantage to balance it out. Perhaps you can’t drop spike strips from them or they don’t shoe crime reports/checkpoints?

As I said I don’t want every cop on the server driving around a black Infernus. It wouldn’t play well. Perhaps the vehicle you request is random so you might get a slower vehicle actually. If there’s a choice why would you not choose the Infernus?

There’s a reason I only added 3 pursuit units to each city (super, sports and bike). It makes them extra special. Surely 3 cops on the server all with high powered vehicles is enough to chase down 3 individual suspects? It’s not like the server has 100 suspects that all need pursuing..
View trailers here.