Author Topic: making the gameplay less tedious and slow paced  (Read 1974 times)

Rated 9 times

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
  • Respect: +39/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DRAG0NFURY
  • Discord name: lxtus0
making the gameplay less tedious and slow paced
« on: June 30, 2023, 07:46:07 pm »
« Last Rated on: July 06, 2023, 12:00:37 am »
I've recently made a return to the server and its already striking to me that the gameplay has become a lot more RP oriented than CNR oriented, hence making it a lot less fast paced and more about waiting those obnoxious fade ins/fade outs or animations. I'd really like to see some QoL changes across the board which would definitely make our lives a lot easier when it comes to doing simple tasks like becoming a police officer or simply just getting rid of those dialogue boxes that take up your entire screen and wont allow you to move unless you click "Close".

To be more specific, for instance, before I left after dying you'd normally respawn in the PD, now you need to do some "reports" which make absolutely no sense. All you are doing is decreasing your spacebars lifespan - you get nothing from it, the server gets nothing from it and neither does any other player get anything from you. Mashing your spacebar to respawn is insanely annoying and does nothing but consume precious time. This is NOT real life, its a game.

- Next up I'd like to know what was the point behind moving the option to become a cop from the reception to the "locker". I spent a good 10 minutes if not more looking for the place to switch over to a cop before a friend of mine came in clutch. What was wrong with the previous system? Walking up to the reception and becoming a police officer in an instant was more convenient than ever. The walking time is meaningless.

- The fade in and fade out animations have been around forever and I never really understood why they are needed. I'm pretty sure they are there to make the transitions less awkward however I speak for a lot of players when I say that they arent necessary. When playing a game that's been released in 2004 I'm not exactly expecting the sickest most smooth of animations so even if its awkward I believe its far better than waiting out a 5 second fade in and fade out screen. While I'm here I'd like to talk about the dialogue box system. I don't know the works behind it however a system similar to crazybobs would be amazing. Instead of big, ugly and annoying boxes that not only block your movement but also take up your entire screen small pop up boxes on the players' left side of the screen would be far more convenient. You can navigate them with numbers instead of cursors but that would be up to Mike to decide.

- Robbers need to have a clearer identity in the game. The only reason this class exists is because of the bank which is practically the only place worth robbing and when thats unavailable to rob players resort to deathmatch or various other activities which arent even robbing. There needs to be a lot more variety or options the players can choose from.

- Certain activities require too much for so little. For example, having to refuel your car shouldnt be a matter of you leaving the car and holding down space bar but rather just parking your car right by the fuel checkpoint and holding still until your car is full. I reiterate, It's a game things dont have to be so realistic.

It's the little things like this that makes players like the gameplay, in the gaming industry as a general rule of thumb you only see fast paced games make it to the top. I know SAMP isnt exactly the place to talk about this seriously but if you want the server numbers to see an increase this would definitely be a step towards the right direction. With peoples attention span decreasing by the day I believe it only makes sense to turn the game into fast paced action and removing an abundant amount of RP features from the server would further unleash the servers potential. I'd also suggest a change so that arrests are performed in a more timely fashion rather than having to chase an unarmed warrant for entire minutes whose sole purpose is to annoy and waste your time instead of just getting it over with but thats a topic for another day. Right now I'd say the server is doing incredibly well however this, in my opinion, requires some special attention.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 08:23:48 pm by nxy »

Offline Ralsei

• Banned
  • Weirdest Femboy 2022
  • Respect: +32/-166
  • герой
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ralsei
  • Discord name: ralsiel
Re: making the gameplay less tedious and slow paced
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 07:50:12 pm »
I agree with everything +42069, however Mike is gonna deny it without a word.

Offline AvenTadoR

• Best Moderator Award 2022
  • Respect: +10/-74
  • Mr. Lambo
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: AvenTadoR
  • Discord name: czytofreddyfazbear
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 08:09:45 pm »
From the police's point of view, this "do reports" is a complete waste of time in any way, I don't think there was any need to mess up our space, it's so useful that it gives 2 points per report. From the criminal point of view, the possibility of activities after the bank robbery, which do not only involve screwing up the other person and spoiling the game . Or maybe there shouldn't be a new possibility of robbery, but instead the amount of money in the safes should be increased. This is my opinion and I support nxy's idea

+1

Offline s1mple

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +60/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 08:12:51 pm »
To be more specific, for instance, before I left after dying you'd normally respawn in the PD, now you need to do some "reports" which make absolutely no sense.

A prime example of a band-aid solution that does more harm than good. People were constantly complaining about the imbalance between classes, so developers probably decided that delaying cop spawning through desk duty would be a good nerf, but it made no difference.

Offline puuro

• Best MCNR YouTuber 2023
  • Respect: +48/-84
  • Wu-Tang forever
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: aleksibob
  • Discord name: puuuro
  • Crew: Wu-Tang Clan
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 08:13:05 pm »
+1 but wont happen

Offline Walt

• Respect: +15/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Walt
  • Discord name: punjab#8194
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2023, 08:17:07 pm »
+1 but of course it’s gonna get rejected

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2023, 08:18:39 pm »
A prime example of a band-aid solution that does more harm than good. People were constantly complaining about the imbalance between classes, so developers probably decided that delaying cop spawning through desk duty would be a good nerf, but it made no difference.
Trust me I'd much rather wait a respawn timer than spam space but I can see where you're coming from.

Offline Ast

• Respect: +5/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: zinasumoko
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2023, 08:53:56 pm »
I don't have any remaining words to get my ideas for this time, but maybe this suggestion good

+1

Offline xxzc1g

• Respect: +17/-88
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Clink
  • Discord name: xxzc1g#5269
  • Crew: none
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2023, 10:09:55 pm »
About cops reports, he added that cuz it was unfair that cops dont loose anything and spawn real quick after dying, so yeah I see that as a balance

Other than that I totally agree with other suggestions

And I wanna add one more thing about bribing a star

Now u cant bribe a star while in a vehicle, u have to be on foot and crouch to bribe, I see that kinda useless and takes too much time to do, even stars found on stunts

Sometimes u have to be as quick as possible to bribe that star before cops arrive to u
This procedure can take like 5 secs and thats enough time for cops to get 200m  closer to u and u can’t bribe anymore if they are close enough

So yeah, this have to be back as it was

overboss

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2023, 10:32:53 pm »
TL;DR

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2023, 10:34:23 pm »
About cops reports, he added that cuz it was unfair that cops dont loose anything and spawn real quick after dying, so yeah I see that as a balance

Now u cant bribe a star while in a vehicle, u have to be on foot and crouch to bribe, I see that kinda useless and takes too much time to do, even stars found on stunts

Sometimes u have to be as quick as possible to bribe that star before cops arrive to u
This procedure can take like 5 secs and thats enough time for cops to get 200m  closer to u and u can’t bribe anymore if they are close enough

Balancing doesn't equal to unnecessary actions that no one benefits from. There are other ways to balance out the cops if they are too OP.

Offline xxzc1g

• Respect: +17/-88
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Clink
  • Discord name: xxzc1g#5269
  • Crew: none
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2023, 12:00:33 am »
Balancing doesn't equal to unnecessary actions that no one benefits from. There are other ways to balance out the cops if they are too OP.
I know
Thats the idea he got and applied
u can suggest something better and somehow balance things out

Offline Stylebender

• Respect: +50/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2023, 12:58:41 am »

Offline Charlie

• clarted
  • Respect: +74/-14
  • big bog
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Charlie
  • Discord name: fizi#8359
  • Crew: karbz' daddy
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2023, 02:01:58 am »

Offline Myself117

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +4/-15
  • Lez go
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Myself117
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2023, 02:57:55 am »
I agree with suggestion, more freedom in QoL needed to maximize happiness.

But for the fading effect when entering/exiting its to help avoid SAMP crashing for some folks with bad PCs, I think.

Friendly reminder, you don’t use hostility/negativity toward developers/Owner (or anyone) and expect more free services of entertainment to continue, eventually this may get under their skin, just a thought…

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2023, 03:11:51 am »
I agree with suggestion, more freedom in QoL needed to maximize happiness.

But for the fading effect when entering/exiting its to help avoid SAMP crashing for some folks with bad PCs, I think.

Friendly reminder, you don’t use hostility/negativity toward developers/Owner (or anyone) and expect more free services of entertainment to continue, eventually this may get under their skin, just a thought…
I've played SAMP enough to know that the fading effect is not related to crashes, its there purely for "aesthetics".

Offline MW

• Respect: +4/-23
    • View Profile
  • Crew: 1337
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2023, 12:34:58 pm »

^

Legit I relate to this gif.Besides useless features in-game,staff is also useless.I legit reported 2 yesterday for aimbot (whom clearly was cheating) and the genius admin ended up teaming with them.

Offline FreAkeD

• Respect: +4/-8
  • ॥ अंतः अस्ति प्रारंभः ॥
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [CbK]FreAkeD
  • Discord name: freaked_
  • Crew: MCNR
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2023, 02:34:37 pm »

+1, old bribe star feature was good.

One Drunk Man is more intelligent that Three Women with PhDs.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2023, 04:14:37 pm »
*inhale*

dialogue boxes that take up your entire screen and wont allow you to move unless you click "Close".
I don't know if you're referring to specific dialogs, but that's literally how dialogs work in SA-MP....

before I left after dying you'd normally respawn in the PD, now you need to do some "reports" which make absolutely no sense. All you are doing is decreasing your spacebars lifespan - you get nothing from it, the server gets nothing from it and neither does any other player get anything from you. Mashing your spacebar to respawn is insanely annoying and does nothing but consume precious time. This is NOT real life, its a game
This was added to balance the fact that criminals have to waste time in jail as a result of 'losing' to cops, yet cops can't seem to 'lose'. This was a big complaint from players. What else could we make cops do for a couple of minutes? Wash their balls in the showers?

what was the point behind moving the option to become a cop from the reception to the "locker". I spent a good 10 minutes if not more looking for the place to switch over to a cop before a friend of mine came in clutch. What was wrong with the previous system? Walking up to the reception and becoming a police officer in an instant was more convenient than ever. The walking time is meaningless.
It make no logical sense. Police officers don't go up to the reception desk and suddenly change outfit. This was for realism. You're making a big issue out of walking 5 steps.

The fade in and fade out animations have been around forever and I never really understood why they are needed. I'm pretty sure they are there to make the transitions less awkward however I speak for a lot of players when I say that they arent necessary. When playing a game that's been released in 2004 I'm not exactly expecting the sickest most smooth of animations so even if its awkward I believe its far better than waiting out a 5 second fade in and fade out screen
It is a basic thing in every game you play. It's to hide things loading, it looks nice. Again, you're complaining about something very insignificant.

While I'm here I'd like to talk about the dialogue box system. I don't know the works behind it however a system similar to crazybobs would be amazing. Instead of big, ugly and annoying boxes that not only block your movement but also take up your entire screen small pop up boxes on the players' left side of the screen would be far more convenient. You can navigate them with numbers instead of cursors but that would be up to Mike to decide.
CBCNR's 'dialog' system is horrendous. Getting players to type in numbers to select things is terrible UX. Allowing players to run around with a menu on their screen is equally as bizzare. Have you ever played any games that aren't SA-MP? Tell me another game that has a menu where players have to type in numbers to select things.

- Robbers need to have a clearer identity in the game. The only reason this class exists is because of the bank which is practically the only place worth robbing and when thats unavailable to rob players resort to deathmatch or various other activities which arent even robbing. There needs to be a lot more variety or options the players can choose from.
Finally, you make a valid point. I know more robberies are needed.

- Certain activities require too much for so little. For example, having to refuel your car shouldnt be a matter of you leaving the car and holding down space bar but rather just parking your car right by the fuel checkpoint and holding still until your car is full. I reiterate, It's a game things dont have to be so realistic.
Features like this make the game more interesting and challenging. It's not just for realism purposes. It's also functional -- you can't just go on a cop chase indefinitely, you realise you're going to run out of fuel and this creates another factor to think about.

I'd also suggest a change so that arrests are performed in a more timely fashion rather than having to chase an unarmed warrant for entire minutes whose sole purpose is to annoy and waste [blah blah blah, I got bored of reading]
This is not Call of Duty. Every game does not have to be super fast-paced to work. Have you ever played single-player GTA SA? Do you think that's fast-paced? Because it's not.

In the time it took you to write this post which you know 99% of I won't agree with or action, you could have walked from the PD reception to the locker room about 500 times.
View trailers here.

Offline Ralsei

• Banned
  • Weirdest Femboy 2022
  • Respect: +32/-166
  • герой
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ralsei
  • Discord name: ralsiel
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2023, 04:45:29 pm »
Yes Mike make it so you have 30 seconds of cutscenes like cop taking shower, black cop skins might be problematic. (washing balls in shower), putting up equipment and etc, just so we wont have to spam space