Author Topic: Make buying vehicle repair kits possible from rustler at gas stations  (Read 1245 times)

Rated 8 times

Offline Faksy

• Respect: +44/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Faksy
  • Discord name: regrat#4467
Make buying vehicle repair kits possible from rustler at gas stations
« on: April 09, 2023, 03:43:05 pm »
« Last Rated on: April 09, 2023, 10:24:51 pm »
I barely play lately anymore and I was hesitant to post this, but since I joined MCNR in february 2021, the state of rustler/rustler balance went from very challenging to downright stupid as of late nerf from 1000 to 800hp.
I mean what are you even thinking @Mike ???

You're balancing it around like 2 people, it took us years of dedication and practice to get a hang of it and you want it to be same power level as a car or something, what the fuck.
You now slightly damage/bump it into something and the engine loses power and needs repairs.

Which brings me to next issue that I tried to bring up on github long time ago and was ignored...
BUYING VEHICLE REPAIR KITS FOR RUSTLER IS A FRUSTRATING FUCKING PAIN IN THE ASS THAT HAS NO POINT IN BALANCE
If you have 0 repair kits in inventory, you need to:
1. exit rustler
2. buy repair kit
3. enter rustler
4. repair rustler
5. exit rustler
6. buy another repair kit
7. enter rustler again

Its frustrating and tiresome as all hell and there is no point to it. WHY did you have to change it so we can't buy repair kits from inside of rustler in gas stations ? It absolutely makes no sense and contributes NOTHING to the balance, only makes it stupidly tiresome and frustrating to repair rustler, especially now, with 800hp.

Honestly, if there was a humane way to buy repair kits from rustler, I wouldn't complain, although it was absolutely pointless and unnecessary change (that you can't buy in gas stations from inside rustler anymore).

I'm just baffled where the idea to nerf rustler to 800hp came from tbh. Seasparrow at 600 and rustler at 800 ? Seriously ? Any paraplegic can fly seasparrow and destroy cars with it, while only like 2 people can properly wield rustler.

Anyway, just make it less frustrating to buy repair kits from rustler and we good. And maybe try to keep in mind the effort and time it takes to learn to fly it.

//sorry for a bit of a harsh post, it's only years of frustration pouring out

Offline Dan

• Respect: +324/-39
  • They Saw The Dan ... They Ran 💨
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dan
  • Discord name: illlDaN#6065
Re: Make buying vehicle repair kits possible from rustler at gas stations
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 03:57:08 pm »
+1 i see no point for putting restrictions to rustler since theres only too few people who can actually fly it properly, especially after nerfing the m4 dmg on vehicles, now anyone with a decent aim can take down any rustler easliy.

Offline Devils

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +10/-42
  • mosh
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: ???
  • Discord name: ???
  • Crew: Kensho
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2023, 04:27:21 pm »
You're balancing it around like 2 people, it took us years of dedication and practice to get a hang of it and you want it to be same power level as a car or something, what the fuck.
Meanwhile the sparrow gets buffed LMAO. Not like it needed any, anyone can easily escape a rustler with their car semi-intact, good luck escaping a sparrow though.
KENSHO

KSKSKSS

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2023, 06:38:06 pm »
it took us years of dedication and practice to get a hang of it

For this reason, I'll go for a +1 and a +1 respect.

Offline MW

• Respect: +4/-22
    • View Profile
  • Crew: 1337
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2023, 06:47:20 pm »
No.Rustlers can be used only by cops,so it would overpower them more.

Offline xxzc1g

• Respect: +17/-85
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Clink
  • Discord name: xxzc1g#5269
  • Crew: none
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2023, 10:24:38 pm »
Absolutely not, we are here trying to get rid of the /vr cmd cuz its so pointless and illogical to repair ur vehicle midair and u trying to make it easy to do such thing? Hell nah

People nowadays abusing that, can’t u see that sparrow now has 1800 HP cuz of the /vr cmd

And that gives so much advantages to cops already

Ur point of this suggestion is, u trynna take people down easily and buy and repair ur vehicle easily and not giving them any time to catch u

So my point is completely remove the /vr cmd and set back the rustler’s hp to 1000 HP

And keep the sparrow as it is now (600 HP)

KSKSKSS

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2023, 06:04:13 am »
illogical to repair ur vehicle midair and u trying to make it easy to do such thing?

vehicles get destroyed if flipped... illogical, so why are you complaining about this illogical game stuff?

Offline xxzc1g

• Respect: +17/-85
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Clink
  • Discord name: xxzc1g#5269
  • Crew: none
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2023, 09:47:20 am »
vehicles get destroyed if flipped... illogical, so why are you complaining about this illogical game stuff?

can u read other things I said ?

It gives alot of advantages and if u are good enough at flying rustler/soarrow, u will never get caught by this suggestion

Offline Faksy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2023, 12:12:57 pm »
People nowadays abusing that, can’t u see that sparrow now has 1800 HP cuz of the /vr cmd

Lol, vehicles catch fire at 250hp, and you need to /vr before they do, so at BEST you have 900hp to work with if you repair it twice. Which doesn't really work out in practice really.

Also, I don't think it's fair to even talk about rustler and seasparrow in the same sentence as it's entirely different bird. One can be piloted by paraplegics, another needs years to learn.
It's sad that people doing balancing and complaining about rustler balance can't even properly take of with it. Would love to see one of you try to catch one of the regulars.

Also, making easier to buy vehicle repair kit is barely even about balance, its about getting rid of STUPID POINTLESS SYSTEM of hopping in and out of plane REPEATEDLY to simply buy a repair kit.
It's beyond stupid and nobody cares about it cause nobody flies but this desperately needs change.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2023, 02:13:40 pm »
I will make it so you can purcahse repair kits from the plane/boat checkpoints.

As for the hp, I didn't really think too hard about it ngl, I may reverse my decision..
View trailers here.

Offline Faksy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2023, 10:44:47 pm »
I will make it so you can purcahse repair kits from the plane/boat checkpoints.

I think that's a good solution with the possibility to buy them at boat checkpoints as well.

As for the hp, I didn't really think too hard about it ngl, I may reverse my decision..

I think that would be fair, at 800hp you lose engine power way too fast, with a small bump into something.

I think the alternative could be nerfing /vr in aircraft, making it only usable when aircraft is standing still, and buffing hp to 1300-1500, or being able to buy vehicle armor.

Anyway, thank you for listening and being open for change. Really appreciate that.

Offline punisher

• Respect: +24/-82
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: phonk
  • Crew: not needed
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2023, 11:39:37 pm »
I think the alternative could be nerfing /vr in aircraft, making it only usable when aircraft is standing still, and buffing hp to 1300-1500, or being able to buy vehicle armor.
Anyway, thank you for listening and being open for change. Really appreciate that.
Nah bruh i aint gonna try to even fight a rustler that has 1.3k-1.5k hp as a solo.
Im with the idea of bringing back to old hp on it. and remove the sparrow.
and adding a /vfix for car.
thats how u balance it out.

but nerfing the rustlers hp is a bit of a slap for yall rustlers players .im planning to start flying once i  get 10k kills ingame. Since ill be done with dming. So its  sad to see it changed before i  even try.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 11:42:34 pm by punisher »

Offline Faksy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2023, 01:04:15 pm »
Well, you're already fighting like 1500hp if I repair it twice in the air

KSKSKSS

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2023, 01:26:47 pm »
im planning to start flying once i  get 10k kills ingame
epic dream, respect.

Offline basedSkeleton

• Street Soldier
  • Respect: +2/-18
  • Do not accept checks from this man.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: basedSkeleton
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2023, 06:33:32 pm »
Really, Seasparrows and Rustlers should only be able to attack aircraft, and boats. They're way too powerful as they are now, as if you have a 5 star wanted level you will be instantly killed with no ability to fight back. In a car chase, as a cop, you should be able to just get another cop in your car to shoot at the player you're chasing.

Also, how do you intend to park a plane in a gas station? I don't think there would be enough room to fit it in most gas stations without exploding your plane.

Offline xev

• Banned
  • Respect: +41/-121
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: xev
  • Discord name: xev#4060
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2023, 11:32:26 pm »
-1k hp rustlers
-Not being able to fix rustler airborne
-Being able to carry at least 2 repair kits
-Being able to buy the repair kits easily as faksy suggested