Author Topic: Commands for some of the Dialog menu interactions  (Read 2113 times)

Not rated

Offline Kool

• Respect: +5/-0
  • Stay'n Kool
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Kool
Commands for some of the Dialog menu interactions
« on: November 21, 2019, 04:48:14 pm »
This is about replacing the most of the current FilterScripts with textdraws, especially the Y menu wherein your character would have to freeze and mostly use the mouse to select or navigate, this small freeze may sometimes be annoying and creates an unnecessary pause or freeze especially when you're moving or trying to do things quickly.
Text draws would allow the player to select or navigate through the options by typing in the corresponding number to what they want to select. As opposed to FilterScripts, this allows the player to still move and move the view around whilst selecting what he wants. Another positive thing about it is when on a vehicle, where you wouldn't have to freeze and take your finger off your W key, allowing your vehicle to continue moving (This time-saving method may be crucial to both civs and cops, either when fleeing or trying to chase)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 03:17:14 am by Kool »

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
Re: Text Draws for FilterScripts
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 05:36:27 pm »
If there was a way to do away with the Y menu it would be really nice. It's annoying having to stop to do things with other players or pull my cars out of the garage.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +417/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 08:36:57 am »
A filter script is a script that runs alongside a game mode. You’re talking about dialogs. Dialogs are simple to script. I don’t want to spend time redesigning something that works. Dialogs support things not possible or difficult in text draws such as tabulation, columns and embedded colours.

I don’t see why the interaction menu is a problem for you. I’ve never heard anyone else complain about it. What exactly is the issue? Why do you need to move your camera around while in a menu?
View trailers here.

Offline Kool

• Respect: +5/-0
  • Stay'n Kool
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Kool
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 03:15:28 am »
Pardon my unfamiliarity regarding those, I was trying to search what I was looking for and those are what came up, thank you for the clarification!
I didn't mean to complain, I'm sorry if you understood it that way.
What I was trying to say was that sometime's it may be too time-consuming to take out an item from your inventory, and some other dialog interaction related actions. We can disregard the text draw suggestion, dialogs work fine, I didn't really mean to see them as a 'problem'. We don't need to replace them I guess if the only problem was the 'freeze' and it was time-consuming, by that, I would like to suggest adding a substitute (commands, specifically) for some of the options just to make it easier and faster. These might include the ff: Calling your personal vehicle via /callveh, taking out items from your inventory via /invtake (item name), and some other commands that we can have a command alternative for.
EDIT: I changed the subject topic just to make it clearer and disregard the text draw suggestion
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 04:44:51 am by Kool »

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +417/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
Re: Commands for some of the Dialog menu interactions
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 08:10:19 am »
I agree commands would be good for quickly accessing things.
View trailers here.