Author Topic: Getting ejected from a personal vehicle.  (Read 987 times)

Rated 1 time

Offline MD045

• Staff Member Of The Month October 2019
  • Baller
  • Respect: +31/-13
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: MD045
  • Discord name: MD045#1920
Getting ejected from a personal vehicle.
« on: December 24, 2022, 01:23:11 pm »
« Last Rated on: December 24, 2022, 05:16:17 pm »
Hello all, I have returned back to the server and I noticed a lot of new things and I'm glad that the server is still up and running.

Although there is already one thing that bothers me, and that is that you get ejected when you stole someone's personal vehicle.
Why is this a thing? GTA stands for (short way) stealing each others cars and this is non-existing in the server.

Even in the description of MCNR it says: 'Mike's Cops and Robbers is a San Andreas Multiplayer (SA-MP) server which aims to bring the single-player Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas experience of cops chasing criminals into a multiplayer environment...'
Why would you then disable one of its core features where GTA is all about?
In a chase, when your car suddenly breaks down. In single-player you would jack a new one and continue the chase. In this server, with a lot of luck you manage to steal a police car, just for it to get called back and ejected 10 seconds later.

Unless I missed something the time I was gone, I can't figure out one single reason why this is a good feature.

I also see that you can have secondary vehicles (I don't know if this is donator feature, if it is ignore this line) Why would you bother recalling that car specifically when you can have another one.

I don't see why this feature is necessary for this server, if there was a 5 minute cooldown when your car was jacked I wouldn't be complaining. But instantly getting ejected when you have to wait a minute of breaking in the door, hotwiring and all that. I don't know man, weird for me.

Again: I would also like to hear the idea of why this feature was implemented, it may change my view on it.

MD

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
Re: Getting ejected from a personal vehicle.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 09:26:36 pm »
Because, this is a game and half of it should not be built as in Real Life, so this "recall vehicle from a car jacker" is a futuristic type of thing to have, otherwise it'd be griefing to have deal with this while you're being chased by people (mainly cops).

So, I'm not supporting this suggestion unfortunately.

Offline MD045

• Baller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 09:38:03 pm »
Because, this is a game and half of it should not be built as in Real Life, so this "recall vehicle from a car jacker" is a futuristic type of thing to have, otherwise it'd be griefing to have deal with this while you're being chased by people (mainly cops).

So, I'm not supporting this suggestion unfortunately.

Cops and Robbers is all about crimes. And car jacking is a popular crime. I understand that half of things shouldn't be like Real Life. But crimes should be built and car jacking is a classic crime that just has to be included in this. Especially if the game is GTA.

I also wouldn't call it griefing, it's simply a crime. Of course you are not going to like it.

I do appreciate the response though.

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 09:40:44 pm »
Cops and Robbers is all about crimes. And car jacking is a popular crime. I understand that half of things shouldn't be like Real Life. But crimes should be built and car jacking is a classic crime that just has to be included in this. Especially if the game is GTA.

I also wouldn't call it griefing, it's simply a crime. Of course you are not going to like it.

I do appreciate the response though.

Are you really suggesting such things while the hotwiring system is too damn annoying to deal with? I wouldn't jack a guy's car when I literally have 10 other vehicles stored in my garage, while I do agree to the fact that it's stereotypically a healthy suggestion that adds server growth, but for the Community's sake, I doubt that it's any relevant to them, which particularly adds up to the point where any percentage of players would support this idea from their own perspective.

Offline MD045

• Baller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 10:29:10 pm »
Are you really suggesting such things while the hotwiring system is too damn annoying to deal with? I wouldn't jack a guy's car when I literally have 10 other vehicles stored in my garage, while I do agree to the fact that it's stereotypically a healthy suggestion that adds server growth, but for the Community's sake, I doubt that it's any relevant to them, which particularly adds up to the point where any percentage of players would support this idea from their own perspective.

Why is hotwiring a thing then if you are going to get ejected anyway? In that case hotwiring seems like an useless thing.
In some rare cases some people prefer to jack a car in specific situations, not everyone has 10 vehicles. But having to hotwire AND probably getting ejected seems too brutal. When you get chased by police you don't have time to get in the menu quickly.

Offline Roro

• Banned
  • Respect: +5/-9
  • Realest mf breathin.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Roro
  • Discord name: Roro#3177
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2022, 07:40:29 am »
1- When you try to hijack a player's car, it tells you "carjacking is disabled" and it's disabled for a reason
2- I didn't pay 30k on bulletproof tires and vehicle armor for another player to steal it while I can't do anything about it. /rpv is the most useful command on the server
3- I can't tell if your suggestion is removing /rpv as a whole or only when your car is hijacked, because seperating these situations is impossible AND not allowing players to recall their vehicle is very unthoughtful (Eg: car is in SF, I died and respawned very far, I should be able to /rpv and recall the car, naturally)
4- You can hijack NPC cars literally parked there FOR hijacking
5- You can buy your own personal vehicle and save yourself the trouble of hotwiring every single car you enter

Offline MD045

• Baller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2022, 01:29:30 pm »
1- When you try to hijack a player's car, it tells you "carjacking is disabled" and it's disabled for a reason
2- I didn't pay 30k on bulletproof tires and vehicle armor for another player to steal it while I can't do anything about it. /rpv is the most useful command on the server
3- I can't tell if your suggestion is removing /rpv as a whole or only when your car is hijacked, because seperating these situations is impossible AND not allowing players to recall their vehicle is very unthoughtful (Eg: car is in SF, I died and respawned very far, I should be able to /rpv and recall the car, naturally)
4- You can hijack NPC cars literally parked there FOR hijacking
5- You can buy your own personal vehicle and save yourself the trouble of hotwiring every single car you enter

2. You can do something about it. Start by locking the car. You get a message that your car is trying to be stolen. Breaking into a car + hotwiring requires a give or take 1:30 mins. It's enough time to get back to your car and kill the car jacker for example. So there is not nothing that you can do.

3. What I'm suggesting is that you can't recall your car IMMEDIATELY when its getting hijacked. I wouldn't be complaining if there was like a minute cooldown or longer to then /rpv. This gives a hijacker some space to get out some scenario's where it's beneficial for them to get some time. So I'm not telling that /rpv has to be removed. I'm saying that /rpv needs a some sort of cooldown when your car is getting hijacked, and not just instantly after someone is through the pain of breaking into a car and hotwiring, which already is harder since its a personal vehicle, just to get recalled and get your head blown off.

4. I know, but that is irrelevant to this topic.

5. As I said, some scenario's don't give you the time to do that. For example, let's say you are a non-threat suspect fleeing from officers that are trying to taze you. You don't have time to quickly go into the menu and call a car. In that case it's better to try and hijack a police car.

I don't know why breaking in and hotwiring personal vehicles is 5x harder when you aren't even going to get the car. In my eyes this 5x harder stuff just seems like an useless thing. Again, I'm not trying to get /rpv removed or all that, it's a great command. What I'm bothered about is that you can immediately call your back when it just got stolen.

Offline Roro

• Banned
  • Respect: +5/-9
  • Realest mf breathin.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Roro
  • Discord name: Roro#3177
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2022, 02:57:09 pm »
5. As I said, some scenario's don't give you the time to do that. For example, let's say you are a non-threat suspect fleeing from officers that are trying to taze you. You don't have time to quickly go into the menu and call a car. In that case it's better to try and hijack a police car.

This is why /pv exists, when you set a PRIMARY favourite vehicle, you can recall it by simply typing /pv which takes a fraction of a second and you can escape WHILE waiting for it to spawn

Online Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2023, 12:12:21 am »
This is one of those things where I can't please everybody. I agree with this suggestion, and this is how it used to be, but I guarantee you if I revert it to this everyone will start crying and demand it be changed back. It will be an endless cycle of everyone complaining.

For now I'm leaving it as it is. There's enough cars around.
View trailers here.