Author Topic: Crossing of buttons with nitro and light control  (Read 2312 times)

Not rated

Offline LinkOscuro457

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +1/-5
  • Arriba España
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: LinkOscuro457
  • Discord name: Link Oscuro457
Crossing of buttons with nitro and light control
« on: November 17, 2019, 06:20:50 pm »
Hello there is a very annoying error that, when you put nitro to the car, the button to activate the nitro is the left mouse button and that to activate or deactivate the lights of the car the same button is used to activate the nitro.
Is there any way to change the button to activate the nitro?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Arriba España

Offline Kool

• Respect: +5/-0
  • Stay'n Kool
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Kool
Re: Crossing of buttons with nitro and light control
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 08:07:48 pm »
I believe this is not a bug, the LMB to activate nitro is GTA SA related and the LMB for lights is script related, hence they can overlap and cross.
What you can do however is change the ''key'' to activate your Nitro, this can be done by changing the assigned key under ''Fire'' at Vehicle settings. Clear out the LMB and assign a different key (one that is not assigned to a different task). [The highlighted part is where you change stuff]

Another solution so that you won't have to change anything at all is just literally double clicking LMB, the first click is to activate nitro and the second is to bring the lights back on/off.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 08:42:50 pm »
I believe this is not a bug, the LMB to activate nitro is GTA SA related and the LMB for lights is script related, hence they can overlap and cross.
What you can do however is change the ''key'' to activate your Nitro, this can be done by changing the assigned key under ''Fire'' at Vehicle settings. Clear out the LMB and assign a different key (one that is not assigned to a different task). [The highlighted part is where you change stuff]

Another solution so that you won't have to change anything at all is just literally double clicking LMB, the first click is to activate nitro and the second is to bring the lights back on/off.
Remapping the key will not fix this. SA-MP detects key functions not the keys themselves. Lights are toggled by pressing FIRE, whatever is mapped to FIRE, not directly LMB.

I will think of a solution.
View trailers here.

Offline LinkOscuro457

• Enforcer
  • Arriba España
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 10:39:19 pm »
Remapping the key will not fix this. SA-MP detects key functions not the keys themselves. Lights are toggled by pressing FIRE, whatever is mapped to FIRE, not directly LMB.

I will think of a solution.
I love how I put the left click to activate the lights what I do not like is to activate the nitro.
Arriba España

Offline Kool

• Stay'n Kool
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 08:45:59 am »
I love how I put the left click to activate the lights what I do not like is to activate the nitro.

Its really not that big of a problem especially when you can use '/light' as an alternative

Offline LinkOscuro457

• Enforcer
  • Arriba España
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 03:36:10 pm »
Its really not that big of a problem especially when you can use '/light' as an alternative
If it is because with a click it becomes super fast and well, putting a command is super tedious and annoying and more when you want to go in a hurry it would be best to change the activation button of the nitro ami I never liked that this assigned to the left mouse click
Arriba España

Offline Kool

• Stay'n Kool
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 03:01:58 am »
If it is because with a click it becomes super fast and well, putting a command is super tedious and annoying and more when you want to go in a hurry it would be best to change the activation button of the nitro ami I never liked that this assigned to the left mouse click
It's not that tedious, I mean especially when you're stationary (eg. when you're not moving and want to turn your lights on/off.
You can't suggest to change the activation button of nos, it's set at LMB by default. What you can do however is change its activation key, but from what Mike what said, changing your nos key will also result in the light activation coming with it.