Poll

Do you feel there is a good balance between Cops and Robbers?

Cops are too powerful
Criminals are too powerful
There is a good balance

Author Topic: Cops vs Robbers - balanced?  (Read 10891 times)

Offline DabbingPitbull

• 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬, 𝐁𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞
  • Respect: +108/-70
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DabbingPitbull
  • Discord name: Dabbing Pitbull#9091
  • Crew: ok
Re: Cops vs Robbers - balanced?
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2022, 05:38:04 pm »
I personally agree with the imbalance with the cops however buffing/nerfing guns wont help a lot in that since the cops are probably going to use the same weapons as criminals.
What I think can help is, buffing the payouts for different jobs such as medics, firefighters, prostitutes and mechanics might help and since they all have the service offering thing in common maybe adding a multiplier for the service offering streak will be nice.
For the civilians missions, some of the missions might need a bit of a work for eg, the trucking mission should be longer and from one city to another with a better payout consuming atleast of 5-7 minutes of a player's time rewarding around 6 to 7k maybe.
And lastly for the criminals, currently the bank is the only source of making decent money in the server and with the 70 players online it's nearly impossible to get a bag out of the bank, so to fix it buffing the house robberies could help like it used to be back in the day if safes had 500k in it, it used to reward like 50k at the time. Also delivering the securicar after stealing it pays out very less and you usually have to deliver it to another city so it's literally a waste. Buffing it to atleast 10-15k might help. And one last thing is allowing robbers to rob stores outside the active city might help.
How this all gonna help is simple since the 70 players we have online will be distributed in to different jobs and doing missions around the san andreas map.
Robbing stores outside the active city, yes, maybe. Could help spreading players across the server. But then what about when there are less players? It can be made a thing when there are a good number of players joining the server but not as of yet. Maybe a solution would be to give less money when robbed outside the active city or maybe only certain shops could be robbed idk.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 06:55:28 pm by DabbingPitbull »

Offline Krzychu

• Respect: +26/-24
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Krzychu
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2022, 06:31:12 pm »
Robbing stores outside the active city, yes, maybe. Could help spreading players across the server. But then what about when there are less players? It can be made a thing when there is a good number of players joining the server. Maybe a solution would be to give less money when robbed outside the active city or maybe only certain shops could be robbed idk.

or longer wait before stealing the shop again in an inactive city

Offline Mikazuki

• Respect: +16/-26
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mikazuki
  • Discord name: mikazuki77
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2022, 11:15:19 am »
Robbing stores outside the active city, yes, maybe. Could help spreading players across the server. But then what about when there are less players? It can be made a thing when there are a good number of players joining the server but not as of yet. Maybe a solution would be to give less money when robbed outside the active city or maybe only certain shops could be robbed idk.

50 or 70 players 3cities will be trash, we will be alone earning cash for nothing because other players might be 6km away.
Driving simulator but rich!

silentmoe

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2022, 09:11:43 pm »
I hope I'm not too late responding to this. The one thing I feel needs addressing is the swarming problem. I know certain players go around cop hunting but the amount of times I've had a two star want and have had 5-10 cops chase after me, ram me down, shoot and tase me is insane.

I think adding a /respond command or a 2 press so certain cops can respond to different crimes (unless they are MW.) This would be better, because as it stands they all seem to go after one person at a time and not really spread out across the map and it makes it a lot less competitive. This would couple well with the chase time system and the bonus for taking down criminals, because the person who responds first would effectively receive the most benefit and other officers would be forced to find someone different to chase.

Offline Goldenman

• Banned
  • Respect: +14/-32
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Goldenman
  • Discord name: goldenboyi
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2022, 08:39:41 am »
The only major issue on the server is its economy right now. As already said above, criminals lose more items, weapons, and money on dying than cops do and at the end cops are earning more than criminals which I think is against the very logic of a CnR server. Cops are supposed to have more facilities/advantages than criminals because they are being funded by the state itself but criminals should be making more money because they don't have a defined salary and they basically rob people.

The cop payouts right now seem pretty balanced since it neither makes them broke nor too rich, but the criminal earnings should also increase to help them compete against cops.
the simplest thing increase criminals payouts or more activities to earn money from.
when you see your losing too much money from fighting cops you obviously wouldn't want to fight anymore
cops respawning with their full weapons and a checkpoint like 10 feet near them getting armor and start fighting again.