Author Topic: Team Balance  (Read 5948 times)

Offline Vectorman

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +16/-21
  • very hard to kill..
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Vectorman
  • Discord name: Vectorman#2161
Re: Team Balance
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2019, 02:52:27 am »
Ok i understand... But the fun is in the hydra or the hunter.when you ll dont take all the time..to chase after a suspect.. Muahhh ahah

Offline Sewer_Rat

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +14/-24
  • Press -- respect button if you love me <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Behave
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2019, 10:29:13 pm »

Another point,

Late in the evening when I'm the only cop online facing teams of 6 to 10 criminals at once does anyone here seem to think that is fun for the cop?

It's fun as hell lol, when i'm chasing suspects and i take one by one or even two at one encounter against an entire gang, i have 5 minutes of advantage to pick the remaining ones, as i can just spawn at the pd close to where the bank robbery happened for instance. Now imagine i'm arresting an entire gang that is on foot with a jet, you don't see that often in other servers, and is broken as heck. The thing is, you guys shouldn't rely on the 10v1 scenarios, instead you should focus on the 1v1s, what could help to make both individuals have an even chance of detaining each other? As i stated before, cops have a s*&% ton of advantages against criminals, and we don't have to wait 5 minutes after we die to a criminal, you could simple swarm him till he goes to jail. One cop can easily take a 5 guy gang by just going after one of the criminals till he dies or runs out of health/armor/ammo, i remember lots of times where i would take skilled gang members by just repeating the chases against a single one of them, focusing him soo hard he would mess up one time. Now, hospitals are further away from where pds are. And a criminal needs at least one minute and 30 seconds to reach an ammunation to refill his weapons and armor after he escapes from jail, or he just needs to go to the cop shop and click everything there, both are time consuming, and cops for instance, they can keep their weapons and ammo intact, but i highly doubt a single cop would bribe all the suspects he jailed just to make his job harder before getting the remaining criminals of the 5 man gang. So yeah, you can take an entire gang, if they are not using voice chat and are not well coordinated to re-supply everytime you pick them off. You can also delay their escape methods, placing spikes when you know they are going to the same hideout over and over in that bridge, or pooping their car tires when you know you will die soon, exploding their chopter, etc...

I think if Mike decides, to keep hunter and hydra in the server, he should allow the criminals to have the Heat Seeking Rocket Launcher and put him for sale for like, 20k 1 bullet or something.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 10:34:09 pm by Sewer_Rat »

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2019, 08:55:09 am »
Wow this is quite a hot topic and I understand why. I haven’t been ignoring this I’ve been watching this topic regularly to see what everyone thinks. Here’s my two cents.

Some of these are just ideas I want to float and others are things I’m set on doing:
1. At some point the Hydra, Hunter and Rhino will be completely removed. The Rustler and Seasparrow will remain.
2. Cop XP and payday will be made to reflect the cop vs criminal ratio. If there are lots more cops than civilians/criminals cops will be paid less and get less XP.
3. Cops ‘camping’ at the bank needs dealing with. Cops that stay in the area should be directed to leave or lose XP or something unless there is already a criminal either nearby or inside the bank.
4. When there are not enough cops on the server all players should be offered a recruitment bonus if they become a cop to balance the teams. The bonus should come after a few minutes and some work done.
5. If there are too many cops some should be offered ‘paid absense’ to go off duty as they are ‘over-staffed’.
6. If a player joins and they are a cop they will spawn off duty if there are over 60% cops or so.
7. Players cannot go on duty as a cop if there are over 60% cops active.

Thoughts?
View trailers here.

Offline Treba

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +32/-78
  • Buster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2019, 12:25:42 pm »
Wow this is quite a hot topic and I understand why. I haven’t been ignoring this I’ve been watching this topic regularly to see what everyone thinks. Here’s my two cents.

Some of these are just ideas I want to float and others are things I’m set on doing:
1. At some point the Hydra, Hunter and Rhino will be completely removed. The Rustler and Seasparrow will remain.
2. Cop XP and payday will be made to reflect the cop vs criminal ratio. If there are lots more cops than civilians/criminals cops will be paid less and get less XP.
3. Cops ‘camping’ at the bank needs dealing with. Cops that stay in the area should be directed to leave or lose XP or something unless there is already a criminal either nearby or inside the bank.
4. When there are not enough cops on the server all players should be offered a recruitment bonus if they become a cop to balance the teams. The bonus should come after a few minutes and some work done.
5. If there are too many cops some should be offered ‘paid absense’ to go off duty as they are ‘over-staffed’.
6. If a player joins and they are a cop they will spawn off duty if there are over 60% cops or so.
7. Players cannot go on duty as a cop if there are over 60% cops active.

Thoughts?

3: Simply surround the bank with invisible per-cop airstrips like MTA servers did back in days XD
5: We'll have to think on the way of forcing their resignation, since they may simply ignore the offer.
[6; 7]: I think 60% is too much. Apart from law enforcement and criminality, there are many more activities players do.
Please stop +REP'ing me. I already know I'm most authoritative here

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2019, 10:03:09 pm »
every single night i join (wen its a small player base playing of 12 14) and everyone is a criminal.
the issue is really people like i said before, they dont press tab or simply dont care about a balanced game, i dont understand whats the fun of robbing the bank with no cops around, whats the point of playing like this? i dnt understand whats the point rly, for sure its  a generational thing.

They do it to farm more money, and i guess some get a lot of satisfaction out of it as well for some strange reason, despite the fact there is not anybody to fight against them.

If I'm cop late in the evening they usually get pissed when i interfere with their money farming. Occasionally they get someoneto go cop then AFK so they can get more money out of the bank.