Author Topic: Cops teaming with criminals  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Tchernobog

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-17
  • Crudux Cruo
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Tchernobog
Cops teaming with criminals
« on: September 14, 2019, 11:48:18 pm »
Hey all, I have a question.
In what situation is a cop allowed to team with a criminal without it being considered breaking the rules?
A couple hours ago I was being chased by a car with 2 cops and 1 wanted player inside. They were all shooting at my car while I was escaping as a wanted criminal myself.
After using /report about the issue, an admin messaged me saying: "cops are allowed to team with wanted players as long as they are not breaking any rules".
So, what exactly is considered breaking the rules? Does this mean I can team with cops?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline codeshadow

• Respect: +43/-20
    • View Profile
Re: Cops teaming with criminals
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 11:59:40 pm »
After seeing your in game report when I spectated the player he was not shooting anyone. That cop was in a boat with a wanted player and another cop. If he was cop dming I would punish him but the moment I was spectating him he did not do anything wrong. If you have any valid proof please post a complain here click here

Cops are allowed to work with wanted players in this server. According to Mike "Corrupt cops are a real thing in this server". However cops are not allowed to attack another cop, innocent civilian or unarmed ticket able suspect that will be consider as cop dm.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 12:03:33 am by codeshadow »

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 08:21:08 am »
I think it should be ‘allowed’ however I think they should be punished in terms of maybe being demoted as they would be caught by their superiors. The new public service offence system could come in handy in handling this.

I could script it so that if a cop spends more than 1 minute in a vehicle with a wanted suspect then they are detected as working together.  But there’s no way to detect it if they’re both in different vehicles and they are not arresting them. Perhaps rank 10 cops should be able to demote other cops? Obviously this could be abused though so perhaps only admins.
View trailers here.

Offline Tchernobog

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-17
  • Crudux Cruo
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Tchernobog
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 11:43:45 am »
I agree, cops should be allowed to do this, however it can be an issue. For example, if a cop is aiding a fugitive escaping, other cops giving chase are put in a bad spot because they risk getting punished themselves if they hit the corrupt cop or even kill them by friendly-fire. Even worse, the corrupt cop may choose to die in a car explosion on purpose to screw over the police trying to stop them.

I could script it so that if a cop spends more than 1 minute in a vehicle with a wanted suspect then they are detected as working together.

That's a good idea. Here's what could happen:
If a cop gets spotted by other police officers riding in a vehicle with a suspect, he gets a warning.
After 1 minute, had he not left the car or ejected the criminal, he becomes tagged as a corrupt cop (maybe even change his name color from blue to another color).
If this happens, other officers can arrest him or take him down if he fights back, taking care of the "friendly-fire" issue. If he gets arrested X times for it, he could get demoted.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 11:48:56 am by Tchernobog »

Offline Sewer_Rat

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +14/-24
  • Press -- respect button if you love me <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Behave
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 09:39:58 pm »
If a cop stays in the car with a suspect fleeing from a police officer after 1 minute, and if the suspect is not cuffed (blip color isn't changing), he should go off-duty and be marked with the most wanted level 6.