Author Topic: Version 2.0 - Remove the player level cap of 100  (Read 1292 times)

Rated 10 times

Offline Matthias

• Block of Text 2021
  • Respect: +30/-3
  • rawr x3 *pounces u* owo
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Matthias
Version 2.0 - Remove the player level cap of 100
« on: March 11, 2021, 12:44:42 pm »
« Last Rated on: March 27, 2021, 04:26:36 pm »
Greetings,

As a self-proclaimed achievement whore - one of the main reasons I enjoy playing on MCNR is the levelling up as a player / public service ranks and hunting for achievements.

Currently level 100 is very easy to achieve (I did so in two weeks of regular play).
My suggestion is that when the great-reset of version 2.0 comes to pass that a change to the levelling system be implemented.

Specifically allowing you to gain levels beyond 100 even if it is just for the sake of, for example, a small cash bonus or for "level achievements".
There are many ways to go about this in terms of what rewards should be available and I leave that to the capable hands of Mike if this is accepted for 2.0.

So there is no confusion - my suggestion is not to increase the requirements in terms of unlockables (skins, vehicles and weapons), which I think are fine as they are.
Otherwise it would give more experienced players too many advantages / gloating-rights.

This suggestion is simply to allow players to feel a sense of progression beyond level 100 and to have that burst of satisfying euphoria as their numbers go up with the "Mission Completed" music accompanying. :P

This could be implemented in a linear fashion where each additional level requires the same amount of experience points or could be scaled per additional level.
My only comment on level scaling is that it should be done carefully.

If the proportional increase is too much it will make getting additional levels too challenging.
For this same reason a "cap" should be set on the xp required for the next level in order to avoid a situation where levelling up becomes too infrequent and challenging to be fun.

Kindly rate this according to your opinion and offer your thoughts on the matter if you feel so inclined,
Matthias.

Offline quail

• Baller
  • Respect: +9/-7
    • View Profile
Re: Version 2.0 - Remove the player level cap of 100
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 05:58:36 pm »
I don't think there is a need to increase the levels and set an upper limit for XP
We can argue about the issue of making progression in the level more difficult for the player
In this case, the XP will remain the same as it was

I think there is no need for these increases because they may make unlocking weapons, skins and cars more difficult, which will affect the number of players.

This talk on my part, let's see the other opinions.

Offline Matthias

• Block of Text 2021
  • Respect: +30/-3
  • rawr x3 *pounces u* owo
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Matthias
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 11:07:05 am »
Hi @Trauma

I thought I had responded to this already but apparently not.

I am not asking for there to be a change to the xp required for unlockables :
"So there is no confusion - my suggestion is not to increase the requirements in terms of unlockables (skins, vehicles and weapons), which I think are fine as they are."

As for there not being a "need" this is true - but ultimately I believe it'll make long-term progression viable and give people that continuous positive feedback loop.

The alternative is reaching lvl 100 in the 2.0 server and that being where it ends.

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
  • Respect: +129/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dudesdog
  • Discord name: Dudesdog#6216
  • Crew: 77 - Continental Crew
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 01:50:41 pm »
I’m for this idea. Many people love doing the dailies and this would give players more of a reason to play as well. Good idea.

Offline cynosy

• Respect: +85/-150
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [59]cynosy
  • Discord name: cynosy#1111
  • Crew: Grey Five Nine
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 03:22:51 pm »
Good idea in my opinion, this way Mike could make it so that we could see who has the highest player level in MCNR.

Offline Flyburger

• MOST TOXIC PLAYER 2020
  • Respect: +105/-98
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Flyburger
  • Discord name: Flyburger#9706
  • Crew: KoS always in heart
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 01:56:52 am »
It's like League Of Legends, they removed 30 max level cap and now players can get to 200+ and more.

Levelling up further than 100 doesn't give you anything anymore, it's just a display.

Personally I'd like this idea.