Author Topic: Increase high packets loss warning (Current one is too strict)  (Read 995 times)

Rated 3 times

Offline Parzival

• Respect: +79/-101
    • View Profile
  • Crew: Crew
Increase high packets loss warning (Current one is too strict)
« on: January 11, 2021, 06:58:15 pm »
« Last Rated on: January 17, 2021, 11:28:33 am »
Title

First off, my internet connection is mostly unstable but it's not something you have to judge, everybody have their own problems.

Now, coming towards the main point, the current packets loss warning starts when you have 2.5 or more packets loss (don't exactly know). I log in, I have 6 packets loss. The packets loss instantly starts to stabilize but the numbers go down gradually, and the 3 warnings just get me kicked in no time.. My suggestion is to put the warning when one has 5% packets loss, or more, I mean we don't start disturbing anybody else's gameplay when we only have 3-4 packets loss.. it's not visible (at least for me), or either make it warn you when you have over 6 packets loss and constantly rising..

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 11:02:58 am by Skrillex »
xo

Offline RedX

• cringe
  • Respect: +42/-91
  • gg ez noob
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: RedX
  • Discord name: RedX#0809
Re: Increase high packets loss warning (Current one is too strict)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 07:11:25 pm »
Pl less than 1% affects others too. Tho I never have pl issues so I can't talk much about it

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Respect: +39/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DRAG0NFURY
  • Discord name: lxtus0
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 02:22:19 pm »
I talked about this on the discord server a couple of days back and I do agree that the current system is too strict because I'm seeing plenty of players complain about being kicked.Personally I have a stable internet connection so this has never happened to me so far(it could be mainly cause I live in europe and the server itself is hosted in europe)however there's cases where you just can't do anything about the fact that your ISP is working to fix the issue or even worse that there could be cases where the issue is permanent and unfix-able which means the player cant play the game unless they decide to switch ISP.It could also simply be the distance thats causing the packetloss, the internet provider the player has chosen might not be the best which is why they experience high packetloss when they try to connect to europe servers from say, Asia.

Now I'm no scripter but isn't it possible to adjust the gameplay for players with bad internet instead of just kicking them?Because thats downright pretty unfair.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 11:33:01 am by nxy »

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 09:50:21 am »
I have increased it a bit.
View trailers here.