Author Topic: Rule for Canon water abuse of Firetrucks  (Read 1506 times)

Rated 4 times

Offline Latz

• nab master
  • Respect: +24/-8
  • nu
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Latz
Rule for Canon water abuse of Firetrucks
« on: December 12, 2020, 07:27:22 pm »
« Last Rated on: April 27, 2021, 06:34:50 pm »
This is not very frequent, but happened to me some times, if you for example are a cop, and chasing criminal, when the suspect gets in firetruck, he can throw at you the water of canon all day and this will make you unable to arrest him. You won't even be able to shoot him. Consider this please, as I'm afraid that it may be exploitable exceedingly in the future if no rule disallows it. It's originally a bug from GTA itself, however it can be fixed by an anti-abuse system.

And hey I'm not trying posting this intentionally to get a gift, but just that it's really annoying and can be abusable...
Thank you in advance and share your view below if you agree/disagree!

Offline quail

• Baller
  • Respect: +9/-7
    • View Profile
Re: Rule for Canon water abuse of Firetrucks
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 08:05:18 pm »
In my point, of course it's annoying but this thing happens in reverse continuously with both of these jobs, cops and criminals,
I don't think really it's a bug, but why there should be a rule about it, it's just enable to use by those 2 sides,

Maybe there's another solution rather than this uphill struggle with the firetrucks, just by reducing or even limiting the water flowing time to make you make you have a chance to run or shoot the truck till it blows up, in adding, make a cool down about it.

Offline Sasino97

• Respect: +44/-6
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [B]Sasino
  • Discord name: Sasino#7205
  • Crew: BloodZ & SASP
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 02:55:42 am »
I think it should be allowed when there's a valid reason to attack (e.g. criminal vs cops), however it should be considered RDM when there's no reason to attack, as if it was a regular weapon

#FreeCuba

Offline RedX

• cringe
  • Respect: +42/-91
  • gg ez noob
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: RedX
  • Discord name: RedX#0809
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 05:03:18 pm »
Maybe add a limit to the water tank is the solution. Water Over = Driver fucked up  8)

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 09:24:29 pm »
Maybe add a limit to the water tank is the solution. Water Over = Driver fucked up  8)
This might actually be a good idea. They should have maybe 30 seconds of water in them, after that if you try to use the water it freezes you or something. I can't actually detect or control the water but I can detect them pressing the fire key, so slightly possible.
View trailers here.

Offline RedX

• cringe
  • Respect: +42/-91
  • gg ez noob
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: RedX
  • Discord name: RedX#0809
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 04:09:02 am »
This might actually be a good idea. They should have maybe 30 seconds of water in them, after that if you try to use the water it freezes you or something. I can't actually detect or control the water but I can detect them pressing the fire key, so slightly possible.
You mean after 30 seconds the driver will not be able to shoot water from tank until the cooldown time is over (maybe 10 or 20 seconds) and there would some message displayed like "CANNON EXHAUSTED" during cooldown.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 05:01:37 pm »
You mean after 30 seconds the driver will not be able to shoot water from tank until the cooldown time is over (maybe 10 or 20 seconds) and there would some message displayed like "CANNON EXHAUSTED" during cooldown.
Yeah that’s easy, the impossible part is making it not shoot water. You literally can’t control that. I’ll have to freeze the player if they hold the fire key.
View trailers here.

Offline GtaFreak

• Respect: +38/-6
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: GtaFreak
  • Discord name: GtaFreak#4193
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 08:45:03 pm »
Yeah that%u2019s easy, the impossible part is making it not shoot water. You literally can%u2019t control that. I%u2019ll have to freeze the player if they hold the fire key.

Maybe just a simple eject from vehicle would be better, a 5 second freeze leaves you a sitting duck.

Another way could be to force the freeze for 5 seconds and only cancel it if;

a. player waits 5 seconds inside the vehicle until the freeze is over
b. player presses F to exit vehicle, unfreezing them on the press of the F key

that way, if they are in a position where a 5 second freeze would get them killed, they still have the option to exit the vehicle and avoid that sitting duck issue.