Author Topic: Killing bounty placers and canceling bounty  (Read 1564 times)

Rated 10 times

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
Killing bounty placers and canceling bounty
« on: October 06, 2020, 06:39:10 pm »
« Last Rated on: November 05, 2020, 04:34:26 am »
I thought this was already a thing but guess not..the suggestion would be to remove bounty from you once you kill the person who placed it.

Why? Well first of, because otherwise I'd have a good reason to kill the bounty placer over and over again without him doing anything to me. Why? Because he's responsible for every player hunting me down. Right now, even after I kill the placer, I don't really get anything from it since I'm still in the same trouble and everyone is still chasing me - meaning i still have a damn good reason to kill the bounty placer again.

If you want an RPish reason, who's gonna pay the hitmen if the person who placed the bounty is already dead? Of course this would mean the bounty should be canceled on his death even if it isn't related to me, which may still be a decent suggestion, i'll leave you to decide..

If however you find the first one better (me being the killer) please make it so if he dies near you, bounty gets removed..because someone might take the last shot and steal the kill (meaning you'd have to go and kill him again even though you assisted in killing him in the first place, which would be DM, i guess), or maybe the game won't recognize you killing him (like shooting a car on fire and killing the driver trying to get out doesn't get recognized).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 06:41:24 pm by chuppy »

Offline cynosy

• Respect: +85/-150
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [59]cynosy
  • Discord name: cynosy#1111
  • Crew: Grey Five Nine
Re: Killing bounty placers and canceling bounty
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 06:51:03 pm »
Was already thinking of this, +1.

Offline Roro

• Banned
  • Respect: +5/-9
  • Realest mf breathin.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Roro
  • Discord name: Roro#3177
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 08:41:49 am »
In my opinion that would make the whole point of placing a bounty useless. Perhaps he placed a bounty on you because he couldn't kill you and you kept killing him instead. If you want a middle ground I would say killing the bountyplacer should decrease the bounty on you by 50% or some similar function; otherwise, I don't think this is a good suggestion.

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 12:32:13 pm »
In my opinion that would make the whole point of placing a bounty useless.
how so? everything would be exactly the same.

Perhaps he placed a bounty on you because he couldn't kill you and you kept killing him instead.
that's a logical move for those who aren't good at fights yet want to get someone punished for their actions..however, that doesn't mean they're suddenly untouchable. Since they are the reason for the whole server chasing me I can kill them. And considering bounty doesn't get canceled after i kill the bounty placer the whole server is still chasing. Which pretty much allows me to DM the shit out him until bounty expires. I can get 30kills in a row if i'm fast enough. Don't you think there's something wrong in that? This isn't what CnR is supposed to be about, and that's why this needs to be fixed.

If you want a middle ground I would say killing the bountyplacer should decrease the bounty on you by 50%
that would again make players kill you over and over and over again until they get to $1 reward and it stops being "worthy". This again isn't what CnR is supposed to be about.

Offline Hank_Montgomery

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +51/-28
  • Bring 2000 vehicle armor health points back again!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Hank_Montgomery
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 10:23:04 pm »
Yeah, a good suggestion, and I like the assist kill idea in the 3rd paragraph, +1

Offline XomoX

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-10
  • Im XomoX thanks
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: XomoX
  • Discord name: XomoX#3172
  • Crew: Killed On Sight
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 04:35:40 am »
Was already thinking of this though sometimes i killed the hit placer like 5 times and still annoying that others chase you. +1

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 06:06:30 pm »
Simply to add, will be in next update.
View trailers here.