Author Topic: 1. Script tells me 'I'm too far from a suitable road' in 3 locations  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Hank_Montgomery

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +51/-28
  • Bring 2000 vehicle armor health points back again!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Hank_Montgomery
As it's shown in the video below, the areas are Ganton, Missionary Hill, and Easter Bay Chemicals plant.
At 0:00

Offline DabbingPitbull

• 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬, 𝐁𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞
  • Respect: +108/-70
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DabbingPitbull
  • Discord name: Dabbing Pitbull#9091
  • Crew: ok
Re: 1. Script tells me 'I'm too far from a suitable road' in 3 locations
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 07:11:32 am »
As for the 'too far from suitable road' you just need to get closer to the road itself. The areas you showed have very few GPS nodes which the system likely uses to spawn your car on. Making the car spawn on the same level as you has always been a challenge, although it was way worse in the past. San Fierro is a bit of challenge because its very hilly, difficult to make the system work well everywhere since its more of a one size fits all deal at the moment.
As M3E6 said, you just need to get closer to the road itself. As shown in the video the 1st. place Ganton, you were in an apartment complex which is a very small place, so ofc the game wouldn't be able to spawn a car there and doesn't think it as a road. As for 2nd and 3rd clip both the clips were in a parking area, so maybe game doesn't think parking areas as a suitable place to spawn a vehicle. I will test it and ask the developers if there is any fix for this, possibly adding GPS nodes at that place. For now just get closer to the road itself.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 07:14:08 am by DabbingPitbull »

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 07:24:59 am »
It selects a random node ~100m away or something first (so that it doesn’t spawn in your face) but if it can’t find one it will use the closest node, unless the closest node is also over 100m away. Maybe closest node allowance needs increasing. I’ll look into it.
View trailers here.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 07:59:39 am »
View trailers here.