Author Topic: Robbing stores  (Read 1706 times)

Rated 3 times

Offline Domingo

• Respect: +100/-79
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Domingo
Robbing stores
« on: August 14, 2020, 02:14:30 pm »
« Last Rated on: August 21, 2020, 04:06:41 pm »
It's a bit boring robbing store since the reward in cash is not that big at all. I'm suggesting that you can rob more than cash only. Like while robbing like ammunation that you can rob an amount of guns aswell, robbing cluckin bell, pizza you can steal pizza slices which increase your health bar (funny thing but seems legit). There should be an ability to rob hospitals or medics where you can steal medkits from them.

Adding this ability, store pedestrians (bots) can start shooting at you (like the in the bank), but not everytime, like in 20-30% situations
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 02:49:06 pm by Domingo »

Offline quail

• Baller
  • Respect: +9/-7
    • View Profile
Re: Robbing stores
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 02:41:17 pm »
I didn't understand the main idea, but anyways if you rob the shops and restaurants; the main thing needed is the money
And increase the reward in cash can be better than take other things pizza,weapons,med kits...etc

Offline parisisnthuman

• Baller
  • Respect: +16/-57
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Loli
  • Crew: Kensho
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 09:26:11 pm »
you can already make +1000 robbing an ammu , which there are many of them in active cities. maybe drop by the betting shop sometimes.
[T]ransgenders apply here!

Offline Domingo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 11:58:45 pm »
you can already make +1000 robbing an ammu , which there are many of them in active cities. maybe drop by the betting shop sometimes.
The point is not really on making money, it's more about to make it more realistic. That's why I suggested like taking guns from stores and other stuff.

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-41
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 09:43:39 am »
no matter how much you increase the rewards (unless you add another zero at the end), bank will always be the thing people go for (until another major robbery spot comes out).
so uhh..yeah, it's a nice idea to steal guns/medkits but it won't really change anything..

Offline ranja

• Respect: +106/-26
  • Ryder did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: ranja
  • Crew: WESTMOB
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 05:54:13 pm »
I see where you're coming from with this suggestion, saying that some extra stuff should be given to the player in a very small percentage of success (gun ammo, pizza slices, medkits in hospitals, you name it). However this could counterbalance the need of carrying 3 medkits, the need of going into Ammu-Nation shops to buy a piece, and going into the fast-food businesses to buy something to heal yourself. I really like this idea because it can be very equal to the real world somehow, you ask for the money with the gun pointing into the poor worker and he gives you money and something else somehow, BUT I just think this can be "abused" because we can rob 20 nearby stores without having some sort of cooldown in between robberies thus making the percentage of success in obtaining other materials besides money quite likely to give something else rather than the paper.

Else I would suggest after the robbery (where the worker is ducking with his hands over his head and in between his knees) you could search for a specific place Mike assigned to the business' characteristics to: search for weapons if they have those under the counter, safes that would take some time to crack-open, etc. — thus forcing the criminal staying inside the store he just robbed, receiving one more star, and police being notified in the chat that player is trying to bypass the safe's security at the same spot.

Neutral because you might be onto something creative.

Offline Domingo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 08:46:57 pm »
I see where you're coming from with this suggestion, saying that some extra stuff should be given to the player in a very small percentage of success (gun ammo, pizza slices, medkits in hospitals, you name it). However this could counterbalance the need of carrying 3 medkits, the need of going into Ammu-Nation shops to buy a piece, and going into the fast-food businesses to buy something to heal yourself. I really like this idea because it can be very equal to the real world somehow, you ask for the money with the gun pointing into the poor worker and he gives you money and something else somehow, BUT I just think this can be "abused" because we can rob 20 nearby stores without having some sort of cooldown in between robberies thus making the percentage of success in obtaining other materials besides money quite likely to give something else rather than the paper.

Else I would suggest after the robbery (where the worker is ducking with his hands over his head and in between his knees) you could search for a specific place Mike assigned to the business' characteristics to: search for weapons if they have those under the counter, safes that would take some time to crack-open, etc. — thus forcing the criminal staying inside the store he just robbed, receiving one more star, and police being notified in the chat that player is trying to bypass the safe's security at the same spot.

Neutral because you might be onto something creative.

I couldn't say it better than you just did right now, thank you for your response to this topic

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 03:47:09 pm »
I have already planned to add guns from an Ammunation robbery. As for the other things, I don't think stealing pizza from a pizza shop is something the community really wants..

As for making them shoot, this is simply not possible in SA-MP with stationary actors (which they are). You'd have to use NPCs and these take up real player slots. There's like 400 interiors and I'm not going to connect 400 NPCs.. Might actually do that in Ammunations though, as it makes sense he'd defend himself with a gun. But still there's like 12 Ammunations and that's 12 NPCs just for such a simple action..

I can't even make it so actors can hold a gun in their hand, it's really limited. Best I could do is an animation and a gun sound effect and you lose health, but that would look ridiculous.
View trailers here.

[P]atchy[MAIN]

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 03:52:37 am »
I have already planned to add guns from an Ammunation robbery. As for the other things, I don't think stealing pizza from a pizza shop is something the community really wants..

As for making them shoot, this is simply not possible in SA-MP with stationary actors (which they are). You'd have to use NPCs and these take up real player slots. There's like 400 interiors and I'm not going to connect 400 NPCs.. Might actually do that in Ammunations though, as it makes sense he'd defend himself with a gun. But still there's like 12 Ammunations and that's 12 NPCs just for such a simple action..

I can't even make it so actors can hold a gun in their hand, it's really limited. Best I could do is an animation and a gun sound effect and you lose health, but that would look ridiculous.

What if after robbing the ammu, the NPC will start firing us? and his health should be like the vault guard....