Author Topic: [Needs replicating] Respawning bug  (Read 2772 times)

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Respect: +39/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DRAG0NFURY
  • Discord name: lxtus0
[Needs replicating] Respawning bug
« on: April 23, 2020, 10:26:30 am »
I was doing the treasure hunt thing and when i picked up my 2nd clue and was about to be shown the 3rd clue I decided to call my personal car.When the screen faded back in I was introduced to the 3rd clue however I received a notification that the car couldn't be spawned at that time as I had to be outside or alive(although this too is a bug in itself this is not what im reporting).After I saw the clue I was respawned at el quebrados pd although i didnt die or anything.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 02:47:42 pm by Mike »

Offline XomoX

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-10
  • Im XomoX thanks
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: XomoX
  • Discord name: XomoX#3172
  • Crew: Killed On Sight
Re: respawning bug
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 01:10:10 pm »
Ok i'll try to replicate it

Offline XomoX

• Enforcer
  • Im XomoX thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 05:14:45 pm »
i tried to do it at the test server actually nothing happens only the vehicle didn't spawn but i didn't respawned. weird bug. can you please report here again if this happens?

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 06:06:11 pm »
i tried to do it at the test server actually nothing happens only the vehicle didn't spawn but i didn't respawned. weird bug. can you please report here again if this happens?
reproduce it if you are a cop

Offline bronwyn

• Respect: +11/-1
  • antique seller
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: bronwyn
  • Discord name: bronwyn#1694
  • Crew: animal control
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 06:45:09 pm »
when you pick up the 3rd clue box , you'll get to a small cutscene of the next area , this will be considered as "Dead" state , I know this by just pressing Tab and click on a player who just got the 3rd clue box and being in that cutscene, SAMP will show you the player stat <-- stating the obvious here , and it'll show the player's current stat as Dead. So when you're in the next area cutscene as a cop , you'll be recognized as "Dead" even when you're not and the game just teleports you back to a spawn location for cops.
I got teleported all the way to SFPD once when the active city and treasure hunt was in LS lmao.
sounds ultra confusing but that's all i can explain

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 08:59:28 pm »
when you pick up the 3rd clue box , you'll get to a small cutscene of the next area , this will be considered as "Dead" state , I know this by just pressing Tab and click on a player who just got the 3rd clue box and being in that cutscene, SAMP will show you the player stat <-- stating the obvious here , and it'll show the player's current stat as Dead. So when you're in the next area cutscene as a cop , you'll be recognized as "Dead" even when you're not and the game just teleports you back to a spawn location for cops.
I got teleported all the way to SFPD once when the active city and treasure hunt was in LS lmao.
sounds ultra confusing but that's all i can explain
this is pretty much it, and it only happens if you are a cop apparently

Offline XomoX

• Enforcer
  • Im XomoX thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 07:57:17 pm »
Bug report by nxy (forum topic #3106)
Issue #977
IssueRespawning bug
DescriptionThe player is respawning when you're a cop and you found the 3rd clue you're gonna respawn.
Script areaTreasure Hunt
PriorityMedium
Logged byXomoX
Assigned toMike
StatusInvestigating
CommentsI need to test this.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 08:23:49 pm »
Before the third clue camera is shown, it saves your location, angle etc. as 'RespawnData'. When a player spawns, the first thing that is checked when determining where to spawn the player is if they have RespawnData saved. If so, it will spawn them there. Not sure if RespawnData gets cleared or not loaded correctly. Will run some tests.

Please help me out by telling me what the top two settings in /settings -> 'Gameplay settings' are set to (Initial spawn location and Respawn location).

The only thing I can see from the script is if you died, you'll respawn at whatever your 'Respawn location' is set to. Clearly somehow you died and never respawned or something.

Is this something you are able to replicate?

The only situation I can think of where you die and then don't respawn properly is after a city change. That's possibly what causes this 'dead but not dying' thing. Just tested it, nope. It makes the entire city transition be hidden behind a black screen, but that's not related to this issue.

Also, calling your personal vehicle at that time has no effect on your respawn. It thinks you died, and respawns you at hospital or job spawn.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 08:37:58 pm by Mike »
View trailers here.

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 12:57:50 am »
ill try to replicate it on a video and post it here

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 11:31:06 am »
Yes, get a video please
View trailers here.

Offline .

• Busta
  • Respect: +9/-0
    • View Profile
Re: [Needs replicating] Respawning bug
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2020, 09:27:49 am »
@Mike after many failed attempts, here is how i replicated this issue. I joined the game and the treasure hunt was active in LV. After thinking about what you said about the dead state and respawn data during the 3rd clue hint, i decided to set my player to respawn after the next death, then went on duty as a mechanic after finding the first clue as civilian, proceeded to find the 2nd clue, the results you can see for yourself. I believe your theory to the problem is correct :)  Thanks, C_M

Offline XomoX

• Enforcer
  • Im XomoX thanks
    • View Profile
Re: [Needs replicating] Respawning bug
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2020, 01:57:35 am »
If that so there is no fix for this issue right here, because the F4 function is built into the game. Basically when you're in the spectating mode you're qualified dead. it should respawn you to your last location however When you Requested a Class selection the script will automatically spawn you. Because you didn't bought a skin change ofc. So thats why its respawning you to another place.
Although after some 2 minutes thinking it can be fixed. OnPlayerRequestClass. You can see if the player is from Spectating the last clue
"Probably a variable" And on that you can easily spawn that player from a his last location. or from the OnPlayerSpawn.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 02:02:05 am by XomoX »