Author Topic: Treasure Hunt can't pick up clue  (Read 2210 times)

Offline quail

• Baller
  • Respect: +9/-7
    • View Profile
Treasure Hunt can't pick up clue
« on: April 17, 2020, 09:50:34 pm »
I was searching about treasure hunt
I reached the third treasure in creeck mall,
I found it then i tried to get it but can't after that i tried to found it around this area but couldn't found it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 07:05:31 pm by Zain »

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
Re: Treasure Hunt Bug
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 08:00:45 am »
This issue is difficult to debug unless I am there in the moment. I'll need to try and replicate this.

As of the next version, I will making the /debug command available to all players. It will be a great help in situations like these where a rare bug is gone by the time I know about it and I'm not there to debug it.

If this bug happens again and you are unable to collect a treasure hunt you can clearly see on the ground, please follow these steps to help me debug it:
1. Walk away from the treasure about a car length.
2. Type '/debug 1' to enable basic debugging.
3. Walk onto the treasure. You should see a [DEBUG] message in chat which says something like this:
OnPlayerPickUpPickup(512)
Please take a screenshot of this message.
4. It should spam this once a second or once every two seconds if you continue to stand on the clue, so I recommend moving away for the next step.
5. Type /thdebug. This will show some debugging information that's useful to me. Please take a screenshot of this message.
7. Type '/debug 0' to turn debugging off again or you'll be spammed like there's no tomorrow.
8. Post both of those screenshots here.

This is not something that's really possible to test after-the-fact. It has to be debugged when it's happening. In order to detect your prescence at the clue, it uses an invisible pickup. I need to find out if that pickup is being somehow destroyed (easier fix, potentially), or if it's still there but somehow the detection is fucked.

Please let me know if you fully understand the instructions above. To summarise, '/debug 1' before you walk onto it, walk onto it, type /thdebug. Send me a screenshot of both messages. Remember you can't do this yet, it will be in the next update.

In the meantime I'll do some testing and debugging, but so far I've been unable to replicate this. It's likely conflicting with some other feature on the server.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 08:27:38 am by Mike »
View trailers here.

Offline bronwyn

• Respect: +11/-1
  • antique seller
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: bronwyn
  • Discord name: bronwyn#1694
  • Crew: animal control
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 08:16:13 am »
i also noticed this particular spot a while ago , tried to pick it up but it didn't work but instead the clue was somewhere else in the area so another duplicate = another bug as well

Offline XomoX

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-10
  • Im XomoX thanks
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: XomoX
  • Discord name: XomoX#3172
  • Crew: Killed On Sight
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 08:41:23 am »
Will be testing.

Offline Achilles_

• Respect: +30/-37
  • Legend
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Achilles_
  • Discord name: Achilles_#8382
  • Crew: Solo
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 12:52:20 pm »
Everytime I'm looking for it, it works for me. I can find it. But will be on alert.

Offline quail

• Baller
  • Respect: +9/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 01:51:27 pm »
This issue is difficult to debug unless I am there in the moment. I'll need to try and replicate this.

As of the next version, I will making the /debug command available to all players. It will be a great help in situations like these where a rare bug is gone by the time I know about it and I'm not there to debug it.

If this bug happens again and you are unable to collect a treasure hunt you can clearly see on the ground, please follow these steps to help me debug it:
1. Walk away from the treasure about a car length.
2. Type '/debug 1' to enable basic debugging.
3. Walk onto the treasure. You should see a [DEBUG] message in chat which says something like this:Please take a screenshot of this message.
4. It should spam this once a second or once every two seconds if you continue to stand on the clue, so I recommend moving away for the next step.
5. Type /thdebug. This will show some debugging information that's useful to me. Please take a screenshot of this message.
7. Type '/debug 0' to turn debugging off again or you'll be spammed like there's no tomorrow.
8. Post both of those screenshots here.

This is not something that's really possible to test after-the-fact. It has to be debugged when it's happening. In order to detect your prescence at the clue, it uses an invisible pickup. I need to find out if that pickup is being somehow destroyed (easier fix, potentially), or if it's still there but somehow the detection is fucked.

Please let me know if you fully understand the instructions above. To summarise, '/debug 1' before you walk onto it, walk onto it, type /thdebug. Send me a screenshot of both messages. Remember you can't do this yet, it will be in the next update.

In the meantime I'll do some testing and debugging, but so far I've been unable to replicate this. It's likely conflicting with some other feature on the server.

Thanks.
Yes i understand fully all you said, and it's already rare problem so i will have to Adhere to the instruction for help you to correction this issue.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 02:48:32 pm by Zain »

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
Re: Treasure Hunt can't pick up clue
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2022, 03:46:01 am »
Nobody's reported an issue with this in an eternity. Closing.