Author Topic: Spawn Bug  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Astro

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +27/-29
  • Шутер сум во скуадот бејби викај ме Бекам!!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Astronaut
  • Discord name: Panter#8103
Spawn Bug
« on: April 17, 2020, 12:38:49 pm »
 Your in-game name [ALIEN420]Astronaut
- What happened? I was at the event dodge the shamal, the shamal hit me and when i died cuz the active city was SF and the Event was in LV i got spawn message with no choosing and just pressed shift( to spawn) when i spawned i spawned inside a buidling i mean it litterally inside the building in LV
    - Where were you?on event in LV  idk where on the map
    - What were you doing? dodging the shamal
    - Did you have some sort of special circumstances happening at the time? i just died to the shamal maybe bcz the active city was different
- Is this a reoccurring issue? Has it happened to you or others before? it happend to me before but not like this
- Please provide steps for us to reproduce the issue ourselves, if possible. ....
- Images and videos help a LOT. Press F8 in-game to take a screenshot and upload it here for us to see the issue for ourselves. Please crop/resize large images.
- Date and time of incident if known i only have the irl time friday,17 april, 2020  1:30 pm CEST  maybe idk

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline MD045

• Staff Member Of The Month October 2019
  • Baller
  • Respect: +31/-13
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: MD045
  • Discord name: MD045#1920
Re: Spawn Bug
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 12:40:58 pm »
I got this sometimes.
You are probably lagging very hard. I usually relog and it's fixed.

Offline Astro

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +27/-29
  • Шутер сум во скуадот бејби викај ме Бекам!!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Astronaut
  • Discord name: Panter#8103
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 12:51:48 pm »
Well the rellog works the best , but what to do when im mw like mostly i end up in jail bcz relog ...
 :-\ :-\

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 12:24:41 pm »
This is generally caused by lag/desync and not much can be done to solve it from a scripting standpoint.

In SA-MP, the script has to set a 'default spawnpoint'. When you respawn after death, your game will respawn you at that point and wait for the server to tell you where to actually respawn (e.g. a hospital). Sometimes your game never tells the server you spawned or the server's instruction to position yourself at a hospital never gets received (packetloss perhaps). There are so many desync issues in SA-MP it's unbelievable.

The reason the 'default spawn' is inside that church is because it was originally set to 0, 0, 0 which is under the ground[ at Blueberry Acres. Spawning under the ground and falling through the map to then pop back up on the surface nearby was dumb, so I decided to change the coordinates to 0, 0, 3, which was the same place but now with the height set to 3 so you're on solid ground and not underneath it. The problem is when someone respawned, they would appear at 0, 0, 3 to other players for a brief moment (longer depending on latency). During this tiny window, it's techically possible someone could rob/damage/kill you etc. so I moved it to the current location so people can't get to you.

The issue is if you fail to respawn properly you're stuck inside that church. So I implemented a script which detects if you get stuck inside there and it tries to respawn you again. If it fails a second time, it will teleport you outside the church and log the error. There must be a flaw in this system which I will look into. I think it only detects it if you don't move from the exact original spawn point. I think if you stayed still you'd eventually be force-spawned. I'll make it detect a wider area.

I really want to solve this issue as I've had it myself a couple of times and it's very annoying. I'm 99% confident it's not something I can fix, but hopefully can detect and respond to.
View trailers here.

Offline ????

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: =[C]orrupted=CJ
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 04:35:27 pm »
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ITS NOT A BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SUFFERED IT LIKE A THOUSANDS OF TIME ITS ONLY CUZ OF HIGH PING!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 04:42:42 pm »
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ITS NOT A BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SUFFERED IT LIKE A THOUSANDS OF TIME ITS ONLY CUZ OF HIGH PING!!!!!!!!!!
Is this reply really necessary? You'll find your capslock button here:

A bug is something that happens that isn't intended. I can say for certain that spawning inside the middle of a church with no escape is not something I intended..
View trailers here.

Offline ????

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: =[C]orrupted=CJ
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 05:07:19 pm »
Is this reply really necessary? You'll find your capslock button here:

A bug is something that happens that isn't intended. I can say for certain that spawning inside the middle of a church with no escape is not something I intended..

XD my caps button not works xd so i always use shift :D