Author Topic: M3E6 replacing codeshadow as community manager: Recent drama transparency report  (Read 4361 times)

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
There has been quite a lot of drama internally in the last few days between myself, codeshadow, M3E6 and the rest of the admin team. In the interest of transparency I would like to fully detail what has been happening and why.

Chapter 1 - In the beginning, there was Megatron
When I launched MCNR I had no staff. I got a few people interested in the server before it launched and made some of them moderators and admins. We launched with just a couple of staff. One of these first members of staff was Megatron and he was an enormous help to me. I decided I would need someone to take charge of non-development responsibilties on the server such as staff recruitment and such, hence why I made Megatron the first Community Manager.

Megatron was fantastic. He did so much for MCNR without me even asking, he was extremely proactive in his efforts to improve the server and plan for future developments. He was always trying to motivate me to do things, bringing me ideas, helping me without me needing to ask. Unfortunately Megatron's country (Israel) has mandatory military service and he was forced to leave. I had to find a replacement..

Chapter 2 - codeshadow takes over
codeshadow joined around the same time as Megatron, and was the only suitable candidate at the time to take over Megatron's role as community manager. I had faith in codeshadow's ability to live up to the efforts that Megatron put into the server, and made it official - codeshadow would be taking over Megatron as community manager.

Chapter 3 - codeshadow's efforts
In the weeks and months after codeshadow was made community manager, I never felt the same energy or enthusiasm from his compared to what Megatron showed. I will not lie and say that codeshadow didn't do anything. codeshadow did quite a lot for MCNR over the months he was in the role, but I felt like I had to keep asking for things.

One of the things that irritated me was his lack of staff recruitment. Over the many months codeshadow was community manager, he only recruited two members of staff (trina and lancer). This is not sufficient for our needs as a growing server. One evening I went onto the server as there were 65 players. How many staff might you expect to be present on a server with 65 players? 3 or so? Try zero. I had to spend 4 hours of my time moderating the server because there were no staff online. It was 7pm GMT which is not even that late. I understand that staff have a life and being an MCNR admin is not their 'job', but the problem here isn't the existing admins, it's our lack of admins in different timezones as a whole.

I told codeshadow time after time that we need more staff, asked if he had checked the recently submitted applications etc. and he never seemed to put any effort into it and had to urgency to recruit new staff which we were in deperate need of.

I hired 3 members of staff including Eldy. and Rick_Grimes as we were desparate for staff. Codeshadow informed me that Rick_Grimes was a rule-breaker and insulted Eldy. by saying he was incapable of being a moderator due to only having 4k score. How is that relevant? All new admins are on probation for 1 month, in which time their actions are closely monitored and scrutinised by myself and others. If they don't fit the role, they will be demoted immediately. If they become good moderators, hurray for us and for them. We have to give people a chance.

Chapter 4 - codeshadow's replacement
I had talks with Megatron various times over the past few months about finding a replacement for codeshadow as I was not happy that codeshadow was meeting the expectation of the role of community manager. M3E6 had been around for a few months. In that time he has quickly been promoted through moderator and admin ranks, and soon after becoming an admin we talked about him joining the development team. I made him a manager in anticipation of this.

Once I had decided that codeshadow needed replacing for the sake of the future of MCNR, I decided M3E6 would be a suitable fit. He showed enthusiasm and effort. I asked M3E6 if he was interested in the position and he agreed. I demoted codeshadow and replaced him with M3E6 in that exact same moment. I fully removed codeshadow's status as a member of staff temporarily until I had the chance to discuss his position with him. I did not intend to demote codeshadow from a management position, simply from his community management role. Unfortunately codeshadow was offline when this happened. In retrospect I should have waited until codeshadow was online and talked to him - I'll admit that was a mistake which I regret and I apologise to codeshadow for doing this behind his back.

Chapter 5 - codeshadow's return
After many hours of talks, I reinstated codeshadow as manager and then joint community manager alongside M3E6. The problem is codeshadow and M3E6 hate each other. Codeshadow had many questions and was insisting that M3E6 was useless and wouldn't do anything as well as he would.

Chapter 6 - M3E6 and Samone, corruption and lies
codeshadow accused M3E6 and Samone of corruption and lies. codeshadow thinks M3E6 'leaked' to Samone that codeshadow was to be replaced, causing Samone to complain to me about codeshadow. codeshadow thinks this is the reason he was demoted, because of M3E6 and Samone, when in truth I have been planning to replace him for months, as Megatron can attest.

Chapter 7 - codeshadow's resignation
The current and hopefully final chapter in this drama is codeshadow's resignation. codeshadow has decided to resign from his role as joint community manager and leave M3E6 to take all the responsibilities they were going to share.

Chapter 8 - Summary
I did not feel that codeshadow was living up to expectations. I wanted to find a replacement. I found M3E6 and replaced codeshadow. codeshadow was not happy. I offered to reinstate codeshadow as a manager (and then later as joint community manager alongside M3E6) but codeshadow was not happy.

Everyone has been very supportive of codeshadow which is nice to see. I did not want to lose codeshadow as a member of the MCNR family, but he has made his decision.

Transparency
Being accused of corruption and a lack of transparency by codeshadow has insulted me. I do not have corrupt tendancies, hence this post to try and clarify what has happened and why. If anyone has any questions regarding this situation post them below and I will answer them.

This situation has been ongoing for days and things have been changing, so if I missed any details or got something wrong please point it out and I'll correct it. Any inaccurate facts are merely a mistake due to how complicated this situation got.

codeshadow posted a resignation topic which was filled with internal information (such as future server features) and leaked private conversations, which I will not allow. I have edited the post to remove these things and re-posted it here: http://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,2311.msg8987.html#msg8987

Thank you for reading.
View trailers here.

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
I wouldn't say we hated each other. You wanted us to get along after he came back and I did what I could to facilitate this including not engaging in confrontations with him, but as soon as he came back he went straight after Megatron and started another argument which led to his departure.

Offline Eldy.

• Respect: +15/-50
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Eldy.
  • Discord name: noteldy
insulted Eldy. by saying he was incapable of being a moderator due to only having 4k score.

Okay, won't say much, i also myself had complained about codeshadow's replacement but seeing this makes me feel disappointed. No problems about what he thinks about me or the admins, but atleast don't talk shit about people you don't know? I joined MCNR when it was in its initial stages and left in between, hence explaining my low score. But as it is, i had made friends with funta and robokill in my time before leaving, and luckily they remembered me, and i quickly rose as a respected player, and then got beta tester, and then with the passage of time, got my chance at being a moderator.

I don't think what Codeshadow said was appropriate, and it hurts to see that.

And congrats M3E6, i hope you do well, you have all my support, bruh.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 04:52:45 pm by Eldy. »
Face your fear.

Offline xev

• Banned
  • Respect: +41/-121
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: xev
  • Discord name: xev#4060
hmm i have one question wot about? samonedastro false reports on codeshadow? something like that he said in his post?

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
hmm i have one question wot about? samonedastro false reports on codeshadow? something like that he said in his post?
See chapter 6.
View trailers here.

Offline Salem hassan

• Street Soldier
  • Respect: +4/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Surya_
  • Crew: Fk u
I miss him but very good

Offline Codeodrin

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
Good luck M3E6 and farewell to Codeshadow!

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +108/-73
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RA]Alex184
  • Discord name: J.Alex#5103
  • Crew: Founder of Ex [RA] Red Army Crew
Complaining about codeshadow was from my own will and when I informed M3E6 I complained codeshadow then he told me that he complained him too, and then codeshadow accuses us of lies and corruption to get rid of him.

Also frostz you keep mentioning me about lies lol, my past with u was only blaming u for aimbot because u placed alot of shots without missing, also u backstabber keep teaming up with me, now u accusing me of bullshit.
VPN ma man wont let anyone to know where my country is.
Also the one who wanted to get rid of the other was codeshadow wanted to get rid of me so he demoted me as beta tester because I was discussing with him my recent infractions, told him I was innocent, then he started insulting and flaming me, that started an argue then he demoted me.

I had 5 infractions, I appealed and spoke to who issued me those infractions and they r MD04, LePacha, PickleAlpha (appealed), and papapacman was already off for too long so I couldnt speak to him.
I got 3 of my infractions revoked before the infraction logs were wiped out,

In the video codeshadow took of me he didnt show that the guy who did a crime was "Assault with deadly weapon" and dare to use this as valid proof of killing unarmed?
I have proven to everyone I am not a rule breaker, also wanted to become a moderator to help this community since there was not many staff online.

Codeshadow says I am a liar because I said "I am innocent these infractions are not valid"

Doesn't these way he judges me and makes me look bad to everyone get a man to complain him?
 “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”

Offline xev

• Banned
  • Respect: +41/-121
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: xev
  • Discord name: xev#4060
 also u backstabber keep teaming up with me, now u accusing me of bullshit.

AHEm!!!Since when i started to team with u?...tbh if rulebreaker becomes an admin server would gone from 80 players   
      to 0..and one last question ..why do u alwayz get infraction huh? from every single admin as far as ik.

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +108/-73
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RA]Alex184
  • Discord name: J.Alex#5103
  • Crew: Founder of Ex [RA] Red Army Crew
also u backstabber keep teaming up with me, now u accusing me of bullshit.

AHEm!!!Since when i started to team with u?...tbh if rulebreaker becomes an admin server would gone from 80 players   
      to 0..and one last question ..why do u alwayz get infraction huh? from every single admin as far as ik.

Oh really so many infractions, all those were in 2019 because admins were new and they said that, also 2 were forum complaints and I appealed for them and they got revoked. Also if I am a rule breaker others would say except u because u r mad since ei accused u of aimbot.
If I am a rule breaker non of these infractions would get revoked (before all infractions got wiped out)

To prevent spam if u want to comment or blame for anything else please PM me on discord.
 “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
Don't start arguing in this topic guys.
View trailers here.

Offline ranja

• Respect: +106/-26
  • Ryder did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: ranja
  • Crew: WESTMOB
I admit this has passed me in my side because I was a bit absent in the past couple of days, but seeing this post makes me disappointed. I am glad Mike has made it clear everything so the Community could see how serious this was and how serious this could've taken off. I am not happy for those actions of some people I am acquaintance of and I do not endure their wrongdoings, but after all we all do mistakes and we all should be conscientious of our acts.