Author Topic: Store Cashier Retaliation  (Read 479 times)

Rated 3 times

Offline LiveEMG

• Respect: +1/-0
  • SAN News Journalist
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: LiveEMG
  • Crew: None
Store Cashier Retaliation
« on: April 01, 2023, 08:17:20 am »
« Last Rated on: April 02, 2023, 09:40:24 am »
Suggestion: When robbing any store in San Andreas, to spice up the robbing experience all store / restaurant / etc. cashiers that are not blocked off with a barrier could have a chance to retaliate against robbing players. At any point during their "giving money" animation they could stop it and instead pull out a regular Shotgun to open fire at the player. Since robberies happen at fairly close range it could prove dangerous and I think it would add extra risks to the robberies in a fun way. You would then have to fire back at the cashier committing a violent crime that brings you up to six stars, but the robbery payout would be increased by a fairly big amount. Both the retaliation chance and the bonus could be up for debate. Somewhat like the GTA Online store robbery experience, and also inspired by the fact that the GTASA mission "Ryder" has the pizza guy armed with a Shotgun. The cashier would have a certain amount of health like the bank vault guard and they must be killed before they can kill the player.

Example: Player robs the Well Stacked Pizza Co. restaurant. in Idlewood. The cashier retaliates against the player with a Shotgun in the middle of his animation, inflicting damage against the robber in attempt to kill them. Player then fires back to kill the cashier, resulting in the typical cashier robbery amount + a bonus. It would be like "You fought back against the retaliating cashier! Robbery payout increased to $10,387."
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 11:06:42 am by Damien_Easton »

Online AllyLily

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +4/-2
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: LoneTraveler
  • Discord name: AlliedTalks
Re: Store Cashier Retaliation
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 05:25:07 pm »
"This pizza parlor ain't no pushover!"

Good sugg, +1

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 02:18:55 am »
This would require them to all be NPCs instead of actors. Actors cannot hold weapons or shoot or move etc. while NPCs can. The problem is, NPCs take up a player slot. That means more resources, more lag, longer compilation time, and more potential for things to go wrong. There would need to be over 200 NPCs on the server, just to stand in shops.

I guess one solution could be to only spawn in the NPCs when someone enters the shops, but it can take 5 seconds or more for them to spawn sometimes, and I don't want players seeing NPCs appearing in front of them 5 seconds after they enter a store.... I also would have to work out wtf would happen if the server is full of players as more NPCs wouldn't be able to join...

It's something I'd love to add if it were easier and more viable and worth it. But for now, it's none of those.
View trailers here.

Offline LiveEMG

• Respect: +1/-0
  • SAN News Journalist
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: LiveEMG
  • Crew: None
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 05:22:24 am »
It's something I'd love to add if it were easier and more viable and worth it. But for now, it's none of those.

That's a shame, I didn't realize SA-MP made it that difficult. :(
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 06:13:45 am by Damien_Easton »

KSKSKSS

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 07:24:58 am »
This would require them to all be NPCs instead of actors. Actors cannot hold weapons or shoot or move etc. while NPCs can. The problem is, NPCs take up a player slot. That means more resources, more lag, longer compilation time, and more potential for things to go wrong. There would need to be over 200 NPCs on the server, just to stand in shops.

I guess one solution could be to only spawn in the NPCs when someone enters the shops, but it can take 5 seconds or more for them to spawn sometimes, and I don't want players seeing NPCs appearing in front of them 5 seconds after they enter a store.... I also would have to work out wtf would happen if the server is full of players as more NPCs wouldn't be able to join...

so that is the reason why the ****(another server) server is so laggy...

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2023, 09:26:33 pm »
Rejecting for now but might do it one day
View trailers here.