Author Topic: Police /JV Improvement  (Read 1183 times)

Rated 6 times

Offline LiveEMG

• Respect: +1/-0
  • SAN News Journalist
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: LiveEMG
  • Crew: None
Police /JV Improvement
« on: March 30, 2023, 08:31:17 pm »
« Last Rated on: April 05, 2023, 06:14:14 am »
Suggestion: Allow any police officer to call for a Police Maverick through the /jv menu at rank 8. This would make it match up with the other public service jobs since they can call for helicopters of their own. Sometimes people take the available police helis at the police department and admin assistance would be needed to respawn them or you would have to wait a while for them to respawn naturally. At rank 10, allow any police officer to call for any law enforcement vehicle through /jv. For example SWAT could call for FBI Trucks, normal cops could call for Enforcers, and so forth.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 01:59:35 am by Damien_Easton »

KSKSKSS

Re: Police /JV Improvement
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 01:49:53 am »
And allow rank 10 cops to spawn pursuit vehicles.

Online BeatEn

• Respect: +22/-38
  • run d ice wallow come
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: beateN
  • Discord name: BeatEn#5416
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 06:48:46 am »
And allow rank 10 cops to spawn pursuit vehicles.
The fact that you got an unlimited, unrestricted access to spawn any cop vehicle with 1500 HP wherever and whenever you want is overpowering enough, and you want to give them the ability to spawn a faster car with the above mentioned benefits is insane
-1 to the actual suggestion, buy your own helicopter or get it from PD, cops already have way too many advantages lol

KSKSKSS

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 04:46:19 pm »
Last reply since it's out of topic... I don't see any experienced player who plays as a cop using PD vehicles mostly instead of their PVs since 2019.

Offline LiveEMG

• SAN News Journalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 05:39:28 pm »
I'd say the Premier car could be upgraded to a Buffalo in /JV to fit with how it becomes a police car in future GTA titles and it's second to the Bullet performance-wise when not considering the Hotring racecar. So not necessarily an incredible car to put there or all of them, just a reasonable unlock imo. I agree cops are fairly strong as they are, but it's reasonable to think that stuff will happen in the future that could balance things out. I don't think having convenient access to an armored unarmed heli is disastrous to the game's balance. shrug

Those undercover cars are not just good for their armor, they have the blip mechanic and spike strips which are very useful in certain situations.

KSKSKSS

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2023, 06:17:02 pm »
I'd say the Premier car could be upgraded to a Buffalo in /JV to fit with how it becomes a police car in future GTA titles and it's second to the Bullet performance-wise when not considering the Hotring racecar. So not necessarily an incredible car to put there or all of them, just a reasonable unlock imo. I agree cops are fairly strong as they are, but it's reasonable to think that stuff will happen in the future that could balance things out. I don't think having convenient access to an armored unarmed heli is disastrous to the game's balance. shrug

Those undercover cars are not just good for their armor, they have the blip mechanic and spike strips which are very useful in certain situations.

Cheetah would be better because in GTA VC, police cheetah is available.

Offline Combean0007

• Respect: +19/-35
  • Nothing is impossible through music!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Combean0007
  • Discord name: Combean0007#4944
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2023, 09:29:07 pm »
Last reply since it's out of topic... I don't see any experienced player who plays as a cop using PD vehicles mostly instead of their PVs since 2019.
that hurts my feelings

As for suggestion, I think I suggested that as a part of update which added helicopters to FFs and medics (my idea btw), Mike denied it, saying it would cause an imbalance in chases.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2023, 02:15:59 am »
I do think I want to possibly do something about the fact that cops are encouraged to use shitty cop cars while all criminals have an Infernus etc.

However, I don't want all cops driving around in black Infernuses also...

It's hard to balance fairness and 'realism' in this. Perhaps the way to go is to make cops pay to spawn pursuit vehicles? Or allow them to pay a huge sum to convert a personal vehicle into a pursuit vehicle? I don't know. Those will still lead to every cop on the server running around in a sports car, which I don't want to see..

As for the original suggestion of the police heli, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be requestable, but maybe for a fee.
View trailers here.

Offline LiveEMG

• SAN News Journalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2023, 05:21:19 am »
As for the original suggestion of the police heli, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be requestable, but maybe for a fee.

Fair compromise. Convenient access to an armored fast heli is super useful even if it's unarmed.

About the pursuit vehicles, I really do enjoy having access to spike strips and "proper" police vehicles like the FBI Truck are fun to drive. Idk, it's difficult to consider for the issue at large.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 06:57:34 am by Damien_Easton »

KSKSKSS

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2023, 07:37:52 am »
It's hard to balance fairness and 'realism' in this. Perhaps the way to go is to make cops pay to spawn pursuit vehicles? Or allow them to pay a huge sum to convert a personal vehicle into a pursuit vehicle? I don't know. Those will still lead to every cop on the server running around in a sports car, which I don't want to see..

After a total of 1000 or 5000 arrests, cops will be able to spawn Pursuit vehicle Cheetah (1.5k HP) and Premier (2k HP) or Sultan (1k HP).

This will make a balance. Work hard to unlock better stuff.

Offline WAP

• Respect: +18/-10
  • mike i've changed it 4 times now
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: WAP
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2023, 06:09:22 am »
I do think I want to possibly do something about the fact that cops are encouraged to use shitty cop cars while all criminals have an Infernus etc.

However, I don't want all cops driving around in black Infernuses also...

I like the idea of the Buffalo and Cheetah being police vehicles within /jv to stay within GTA lore. I agree that it wouldn't be pleasant to see players solely driving around in Infernus' and Bullets, but that's already what happens. Introducing a wider range in /jv that is actually usable whilst not being overpowering would tempt cops to use different cars.

I think that there could be two variants - undercover, and marked.
Undercover - Any colour, undercover blip.
Marked - Black only, textdraws that say 'POLICE,' and no undercover blip.

Cyberbullying, racism, and homophobia is unacceptable in 2023. Please report users for saying n*gger and f*ggot to the internet police here.