Author Topic: Remove sniper reload  (Read 2851 times)

Rated 7 times

Offline Ralsei

• Banned
  • Weirdest Femboy 2022
  • Respect: +32/-164
  • герой
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ralsei
  • Discord name: ralsiel
Remove sniper reload
« on: March 28, 2023, 08:26:34 pm »
« Last Rated on: August 11, 2023, 08:07:07 pm »
It's too buggy and unfair. You either hit 10 shots without encountering it or you shot once then you are stuck and headshotted 2 times by your enemy.

Offline Cashewz

• Respect: +64/-43
  • vibe check
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Cashewz
  • Discord name: Cashewz#6666
Re: Remove sniper reload
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 03:45:50 am »
I agree with this, remove the reload animations for both Country and Sniper Rifle but at the same time nerf their damages for balancing purposes (which I can do). Weapons are barely used even after the buff because of this specific reason. If it wasn't for you freezing in place after a shot for like 3 seconds, it would've been alright, movement is undoubtedly important in a gun fight to survive.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 03:54:10 am by Cashewz »

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 03:49:16 am »
I agree with this, remove the reload animations for both Country and Sniper Rifle but at the same time nerf their damages for balancing purposes (which I can do). Weapons are barely used even after the buff because of this specific reason. If it wasn't for you freezing in place after a shot for like 3 seconds, it would've been alright, movement is undoubtedly important in a gun fight to survive.

^, I agree with this.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 03:54:35 am by howl »

KSKSKSS

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 06:49:02 am »

Yep, no need for adding stuff that R* didn't even think about.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023, 08:32:20 am »
Yep, no need for adding stuff that R* didn't even think about.
So basically remove 80% of the features of MCNR, right?
View trailers here.

KSKSKSS

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 08:43:35 am »
So basically remove 80% of the features of MCNR, right?

Ugh not that much... Just like people voted out the skater skin, it should also be removed or improved imo by people's votes

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• Respect: +17/-24
  • A wolf in disguise
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [TFLW]Alice
  • Discord name: WOLF#1193
  • Crew: Task Force Lone Wolf
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 10:19:27 am »
How else do you want to limit such a weapon of mass destruction?
 - First the reload animation, then people will start complaining it does 10 damage each shot because it will be limited.
 - Most people will start to use it on short-range which was not it's intended purpose.

You are supposed to use the weapon for longer-range as a support role, not a close-combat role.

It would be better if there was a system where if you shot more than 2 bullets in 3 seconds, you would get a "JAMMED" animation played on your screen making you completely vulnerable if you weren't careful while shooting (shooting once every 3 seconds) but the game is just so limited :/.
Nobody can escape their sins, everyone gets punished whether it takes a day or an eternity.
You can change who you are, but you cannot run from yourself.

Offline Ralsei

• Banned
  • Weirdest Femboy 2022
  • герой
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 10:42:19 am »
Cashewz makes valid point of reducing damage in exchange for complete removal. So far this is the only logical way which seems to be the final resolution.

Offline Cashewz

• vibe check
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2023, 04:41:24 pm »
How else do you want to limit such a weapon of mass destruction?
 - First the reload animation, then people will start complaining it does 10 damage each shot because it will be limited.
 - Most people will start to use it on short-range which was not it's intended purpose.

You are supposed to use the weapon for longer-range as a support role, not a close-combat role.

It would be better if there was a system where if you shot more than 2 bullets in 3 seconds, you would get a "JAMMED" animation played on your screen making you completely vulnerable if you weren't careful while shooting (shooting once every 3 seconds) but the game is just so limited :/.

- This is exactly why I personally will tweak the values when this suggestion passes, I know when the reload animations are removed they're gonna become overpowered if the values are not changed.
- So what if people use them on short range distances? Are you forgetting guns like Sawnoff exist? Afterall if you do so, you're probably really good at the game.

The guns are in such a weird state right now because like I mentioned in my post above players still barely use them even after the damage buffs because they're boring, not fun to use at all even in long range distances. You shoot a shot, have your character do a reload for 3 seconds which leaves you frozen in place therefore becoming an easy target to hit, not to mention how fast a player can hide away from your rifles because DPS is simply too slow. If we're talking about "realism" I don't think having your gun get jammed every few seconds aswell is realistic either and would rather be considered an annoyance to many. As someone who's good at deathmatching I've always thought the animations were unnecessary and need to go.

Offline Ralsei

• Banned
  • Weirdest Femboy 2022
  • герой
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2023, 04:49:49 pm »
PSG 1 (Gun which is sniper is based off) is semi automatic marksman rifle so reload anim Is not needed, easy real life logic

Offline Shabzz

• Respect: +1/-23
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [wT]SinHabzz
  • Discord name: Shabzz#8270
  • Crew: Wu-tang
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2023, 08:17:49 am »
Why dont u keep the damage and the reload anim but remove the freeze like i can walk around while the anim is playing

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2023, 01:14:27 pm »
I will admit I think it's not ideal how it currently is. I wish I could reduce the sway more than I'm actually able to... It does reduce at Gansgter skill level but I don't think by much.

Ideas I'm considering:

1. Only sway for first few seconds, then stabilise
2. Turn it from a bolt-action rifle like it is now, into one with a clip, and essentially only apply a reload animation after 5 shots (or maybe 5 shots in quick succession)
3. Allow faster shooting and no sway etc. but lower damage significantly
4. Only apply swaying after a shot, so that you can't immediately accurately shoot again (not really viable because the swaying is only on the camera, not the actual gun, you would still shoot where you were aiming previously)
-
View trailers here.

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2023, 01:54:01 pm »
I will admit I think it's not ideal how it currently is. I wish I could reduce the sway more than I'm actually able to... It does reduce at Gansgter skill level but I don't think by much.

Ideas I'm considering:

2. Turn it from a bolt-action rifle like it is now, into one with a clip, and essentially only apply a reload animation after 5 shots (or maybe 5 shots in quick succession)
4. Only apply swaying after a shot, so that you can't immediately accurately shoot again (not really viable because the swaying is only on the camera, not the actual gun, you would still shoot where you were aiming previously)
-

I'm leaning towards the third idea.

Offline Ralsei

• Banned
  • Weirdest Femboy 2022
  • герой
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2023, 02:16:49 pm »

Ideas I'm considering:

-

Offline Cashewz

• vibe check
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2023, 03:38:04 pm »

Ideas I'm considering:

-

Third sounds best, also is what I suggested in my post above. I’d love to tweak the damage if this happens.

Offline WAP

• Respect: +18/-10
  • mike i've changed it 4 times now
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: WAP
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2023, 07:32:50 pm »

pls

Cyberbullying, racism, and homophobia is unacceptable in 2023. Please report users for saying n*gger and f*ggot to the internet police here.

Offline Life

• Respect: +2/-0
  • Best Firefighter, Worker Of The Month
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [L]ife
  • Discord name: [L]ife#2488
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2023, 10:39:40 pm »
Idea 3 is pretty good  :)

Offline Cashewz

• vibe check
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2023, 11:29:37 pm »
bump

Offline puuro

• Best MCNR YouTuber 2023
  • Respect: +48/-77
  • Wu-Tang forever
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: aleksibob
  • Discord name: puuuro
  • Crew: Wu-Tang Clan
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2023, 02:11:36 am »

-

you had a nice idea, but then went too far with it. its a SNIPER, not a bb gun. damage needs to be decent enough to actually consider using it at long range

KSKSKSS

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2023, 04:22:31 am »
I like the 2 no. idea after puuro's response.