Author Topic: Make staff punishments public  (Read 916 times)

Rated 4 times

Offline WAP

• Respect: +20/-10
  • mike i've changed it 4 times now
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: WAP
Make staff punishments public
« on: March 22, 2023, 07:19:49 pm »
« Last Rated on: March 23, 2023, 02:09:13 am »
Foreword
When a regular player breaks the rules:
hudra will be punished for
1. taking double revenge
Any contribution to a player's death within 2 minutes prior counts at claimed revenge
2. attacking players who're seeking mafia money bag

When a staff member breaks the rules:
the punishment handed out to the reported staff member will not be made public

Suggestion
I propose that punishments issued to staff should be public. There seems to be little to no benefit by not disclosing punishments issued to staff and only disclosing them for regular players as making punishments public acts as a deterrent to prevent rulebreaking.

Punishments being issued in private raises questions regarding impartiality and prejudice between staff and players. This also gives a false impression to staff members who have bad intentions that they are more likely to 'get away' with rulebreaking over regular players.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 07:32:40 pm by WAP »

Cyberbullying, racism, and homophobia is unacceptable in 2024. Please report users for saying n*gger and f*ggot to the internet police here.

Offline Ralsei

• Banned
  • Weirdest Femboy 2022
  • Respect: +32/-164
  • герой
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ralsei
  • Discord name: ralsiel
Re: Make staff punishments public
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 07:23:40 pm »
I support the idea of public execution.

Offline Combean0007

• Respect: +19/-35
  • Nothing is impossible through music!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Combean0007
  • Discord name: Combean0007#4944
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 07:28:14 pm »
what's the difference of these examples? Mine is better detailed than Karbz's 😎

Offline WAP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 09:10:50 pm »
what's the difference of these examples? Mine is better detailed than Karbz's 😎

The difference is the disclosure vs non-disclosure of punishment. I lurk the boards sometimes and I often see punishments issued to staff are not disclosed (unless they have been outright banned or removed from the staff team).

Whilst punishments (and why they have been punished) are not always disclosed for non-staff players, it is often spoken about openly unlike punishments that are issued to staff players.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 09:15:18 pm by WAP »

Cyberbullying, racism, and homophobia is unacceptable in 2024. Please report users for saying n*gger and f*ggot to the internet police here.

Offline AvenTadoR

• Best Moderator Award 2022
  • Respect: +10/-73
  • Mr. Lambo
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: AvenTadoR
  • Discord name: czytofreddyfazbear
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 09:29:49 pm »
Yall have no rights to know what we get.

Offline Dani.

• Respect: +14/-64
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dani.
  • Discord name: dani_421
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 01:07:40 am »
In both quotes it says nothing about what was the punishment, in player reports the response is either Punished which clears nothing i mean what kind of punishment or denied and same thing with staff complaints, will be dealth with or staff member in question has been disciplined, I find this suggestion too useless because the point i see is clear, the point of this suggestion would be making fun of the staff member when they know what punishment he got. No.

KSKSKSS

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2023, 01:09:21 am »
If we know what punishment did the reported staff member get, we will just have some doubts cleared.

Offline the fire

• Street Soldier
  • Respect: +0/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2023, 02:09:03 am »
1+ supported

Offline Karbz

• Respect: +131/-38
  • Former Operations Manager
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Karbz
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023, 03:38:56 am »
Staff punishments are handed out in 2 different ways. 1 follows standard punishment procedure like everyone else,  if a staff member breaks the rules they face the same consequence as every other regular player. Infraction, PSO, etc. There then is the internal policy which is kept private, staff are given strikes against their accounts only visible to managers and above. Staff members who acquire 3 strikes will find themselves with being demoted or dismissed from the staff team.

This will be a discussion between Mike and I, and managers finally. - I find no need for this to happen, as even if they were made public 95% of the community would bitch and scream whilst carrying on like a bunch of toddlers screaming black and blue that the punishment handed out was not harsh enough.

=/= I am not against this, but I also do not support it either.

Offline WAP

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2023, 06:12:24 am »
Thank you for your balanced response.

Staff punishments are handed out in 2 different ways. 1 follows standard punishment procedure like everyone else,  if a staff member breaks the rules they face the same consequence as every other regular player. Infraction, PSO, etc. There then is the internal policy which is kept private, staff are given strikes against their accounts only visible to managers and above. Staff members who acquire 3 strikes will find themselves with being demoted or dismissed from the staff team.

What type of conduct would generally result in a strike? Do forum reports that result in admins being punished result in strikes?

even if they were made public 95% of the community would bitch and scream whilst carrying on like a bunch of toddlers screaming black and blue that the punishment handed out was not harsh enough

True.

Offline BeatEn

• Respect: +22/-39
  • run d ice wallow come
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: beateN
  • Discord name: BeatEn#5416
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2023, 07:09:19 am »
I see no (dis)advantage with this acceptance of this suggestion, which means, I wouldn't mind if it gets accepted/rejected. It's upto the Ops Manager and Mike to decide whether or not they want to make the punishment public.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2023, 04:39:32 pm »
I don't think anyone's punishments should be public. Because then you end up with people saying 'that's not fair, he got punishment X for doing offense Y but when I did offense Y I only got punishment Z!'.
View trailers here.