Author Topic: Crew System  (Read 2019 times)

Rated 17 times

Offline Stylebender

• Respect: +50/-23
    • View Profile
Crew System
« on: March 03, 2023, 12:33:13 pm »
« Last Rated on: June 15, 2023, 12:53:50 pm »
After the MW rule was changed the crews basically lost their core meaning. However I believe it was a change for the good, when it comes to improving the experience for new players. But what if 1.15 includes some type of early version of the crew system, which includes an in-game crew menu for official crews.

The Menu

- Manage Members - For owners to add or remove members
- Crew Relations - For owners to request for peace or declare war on another official crew; for crew members to see the current relations with other crews.
- Participate in crew activities - Players can use this option to basically go on-duty as a crew member. Turning this option on would add the crew tag to your name and allow the enemies of that crew to kill you for money bonus and crew points, but only when you are wanted (2+stars). You can only use this option as a civilian. In the future that option could be improved to make it automatically switch to the crew skin, clothing, vehicle colors etc.
- Crew Status - displays information about your crew - the name of the crew, total members, active members; crew points and ranking; kills; deaths;

Commands

/crews - Displays the list of the official crews and rankings
/mycrew - Opens up the crew menu
/cc, /crewchat - A chatroom for active crew members

Crew Points

Crew points can only be earned when you're actively participating in a crew activity (wearing the tag).

+3 points for killing an enemy crew member
+1 points for robbing an enemy crew member
-2 points for getting killed by an enemy crew member

Also the points would then open up different opportunities for the crew members.
For example - Each city will have its own spot for only the official crew members to buy cheaper weapons. The size of the discount would depend on the ranking of your crew.

There is much more that I would love to add here, but I would rather have some type of early version of the crew system released with the next update and have it updated and improved over time. Right now it feels like crews have been abandoned and I am sure that would bring it all back to life.

Open to your opinions and suggestions
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 08:23:55 am by Stylebender »

Offline puuro

• Best MCNR YouTuber 2023
  • Respect: +48/-78
  • Wu-Tang forever
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: aleksibob
  • Discord name: puuuro
  • Crew: Wu-Tang Clan
Re: Crew System
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 12:44:50 pm »
half life 3 is coming out before crew system is

Offline Karbz

• Respect: +131/-38
  • Former Operations Manager
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Karbz
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 01:02:49 pm »
half life 3 is coming out before crew system is

WuTang will be disbanded before the new crew system comes out.

Offline MW

• Respect: +4/-22
    • View Profile
  • Crew: 1337
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 01:11:38 pm »
+1,since it would bring back crew wars and probably players who left due to stoppage of DMing would come back in-game which will lead to a more active server,plus players who enjoy doing missions or other things rather than DM would still play in peace.

Offline puuro

• Best MCNR YouTuber 2023
  • Respect: +48/-78
  • Wu-Tang forever
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: aleksibob
  • Discord name: puuuro
  • Crew: Wu-Tang Clan
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023, 01:45:29 pm »
WuTang will be disbanded before the new crew system comes out.

Wu-Tang will have been disbanded atleast 5 times before the new crew system ever comes out*
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 04:16:23 pm by puuro »

Offline Ralsei

• Banned
  • Weirdest Femboy 2022
  • Respect: +32/-164
  • герой
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Ralsei
  • Discord name: ralsiel
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2023, 02:12:46 pm »
Crew system is as real as me playing by the rules for period longer than 2 days

Offline Devils

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +10/-42
  • mosh
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: ???
  • Discord name: ???
  • Crew: Kensho
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2023, 02:41:30 pm »
After the MW rule was changed the crews basically lost their core meaning. However I believe it was a change for the good, when it comes to improving the experience for new players. But what if 1.15 includes some type of early version of the crew system, which includes an in-game crew menu for official crews.

The Menu

- Crew Relations - For owners to request for peace or declare war on another official crew; for crew members to see the current relations with other crews.
- Wear a tag option - Crew members can use this option to wear the tag in their names. If a crew member chooses to wear the tag it means, that he is participating in crew activity, which would then allow the enemies of that crew to kill him, but only when the player is wanted (2+ stars) to claim a money bonus and earn crew points.
- Crew Status - displays information about your crew - the name of the crew, total members, active members; crew points and ranking; kills; deaths;

Commands

Crew Points

Crew points can only be earned when you're actively participating in a crew activity (wearing the tag).

There is much more that I would love to add here, but I would rather have some type of early version of the crew system released with the next update and perhaps have it updated and improved over time. Right now it feels like crews have been abandoned and I am sure that would bring it all back to life.

+1 another dream
KENSHO

Offline Dan

• Respect: +324/-39
  • They Saw The Dan ... They Ran 💨
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dan
  • Discord name: illlDaN#6065
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2023, 03:50:40 pm »
+1 totally agree on this, this will bring more criminals into the server so cops will have more work, i noticed a lack of crimes these days.

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2023, 03:54:03 pm »
I just hope this doesn't get rejected for "this is not a DM server".

+1

Offline Stylebender

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2023, 04:07:21 pm »
I just hope this doesn't get rejected for "this is not a DM server".

+1

That's why there should be an option to choose between participating and not participating in crew activities.  I think it quite fairly balances out everything in between players who want to enjoy a bit more DM and players who are either new or just want to enjoy the peaceful side of the server.

I also believe it would be a great fundament for the long-awaited system.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 04:11:18 pm by Stylebender »

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2023, 04:15:06 pm »
That's why there should be an option to choose between participating and not participating in crew activities.  I think it quite fairly balances out everything in between players who want to enjoy a bit more DM and players who are either new or just want to enjoy the peaceful side of the server.

Right, as per knowing the fact that all your description just defines for crews taking scores for each other, and it barely impacts the other players as well as having cops involved within this action.

So, I would love to see that happen actually.

Offline xev

• Banned
  • Respect: +41/-121
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: xev
  • Discord name: xev#4060
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2023, 04:16:41 pm »

The idea to participate in crew activities is really great and like you said it pretty much balances things up for the players who want peaceful gameplay or for the players who love dming.
+1 for me, I just hope this gets accepted I've been waiting for almost 3 years for crew features to be added.

Offline buba

• Respect: +7/-14
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: buba
  • Discord name: buba #3901
  • Crew: 1337WESTMOB
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2023, 11:53:15 pm »
+1
Join US! Apply Here

Offline doggo

• Respect: +13/-19
  • dogs
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: dawg
  • Crew: 1337WESTMOB
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2023, 01:02:54 am »

The Menu

- Wear a tag option - Crew members can use this option to wear the tag in their names. If a crew member chooses to wear the tag it means, that he is participating in crew activity, which would then allow the enemies of that crew to kill him, but only when the player is wanted (2+ stars) to claim a money bonus and earn crew points.

Commands

Crew Points

Also the points would then open up different opportunities for the crew members.
For example - Each city will have its own spot for only the official crew members to buy cheaper weapons. The size of the discount would depend on the ranking of your crew.

There is much more that I would love to add here, but I would rather have some type of early version of the crew system released with the next update and have it updated and improved over time. Right now it feels like crews have been abandoned and I am sure that would bring it all back to life.

+1 for this god tier suggestion. Additional suggestion: The crew ranking system should be reset every month so that new crews are not left behind. I hope that Mike doesn't reject this one.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 01:11:37 am by doggo »
Picture taken in Stockton, California, 24th of July, 1998.
Join US! Apply Here

Offline Obsidian

• 𝓕𝓲𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓓𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷.
  • Respect: +27/-63
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Obsidian
  • Discord name: ssk#4574
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2023, 01:20:14 am »
Big +1 from me this suggestion will revive the crews and criminals on game and im pretty sure this will be fun.

Offline Steev

• Respect: +13/-32
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [K]Steev
  • Crew: K
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2023, 02:54:32 pm »
A big +1 from me, probably will get rejected by Mike

Offline Moody

• Respect: +27/-18
  • Lazy guy
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Moody
  • Discord name: Moodygod
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2023, 06:34:50 pm »
I will be adding something-
I think a property of 8 room should become a base for crews (can be one per city), you may think why 8 room? Because a base should be big and the roof can become a heli spawn place (only for official crews) , for unofficial crews they don't need one untill they become offical and for the price of the building should be 1-5M. For now it's just this i had more in mind but let's first get this

Offline Stylebender

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2023, 06:53:42 pm »
I will be adding something-
I think a property of 8 room should become a base for crews (can be one per city), you may think why 8 room? Because a base should be big and the roof can become a heli spawn place (only for official crews) , for unofficial crews they don't need one untill they become offical and for the price of the building should be 1-5M. For now it's just this i had more in mind but let's first get this

I think we shouldn't make things too complicated in the beginning. Everything else can be added later. All we need right now is a working system and use the community's feedback to improve it from there.

Offline saz

• Street Soldier
  • Respect: +10/-15
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: 7thward
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2023, 07:22:17 pm »
Something like that needs to be added into top priority list, majority of active/regular players are within crews and adding such a thing in the server would make lot people grind for something. Probably you would see alot of older players return aswell.

Offline Moody

• Respect: +27/-18
  • Lazy guy
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Moody
  • Discord name: Moodygod
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2023, 08:38:16 pm »
I think we shouldn't make things too complicated in the beginning. Everything else can be added later. All we need right now is a working system and use the community's feedback to improve it from there.
yeah atleast system should start for starters