Author Topic: Tweak to Cop Shop / Ammu-Nation prices  (Read 929 times)

Offline Combean0007

• Respect: +19/-35
  • Nothing is impossible through music!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Combean0007
  • Discord name: Combean0007#4944
Tweak to Cop Shop / Ammu-Nation prices
« on: November 05, 2022, 04:03:59 pm »
Inspiration to this suggestion came to me when for the first time I've seen someone arguing about balancing server economy. Keep in mind, this suggestion is only relevant to Weapon/Ammo prices, nothing else.

I've been questioning myself why prices for weapons and their ammunition in the Cop Shop differs so much from ones in Ammu-Nation. I had a look and wrote down pretty much every weapon and its ammunition you can buy inside these "shops" to compare them.

As you can see, price ratio varies a lot, from 1,9 to 27,8. Some might say it's quite random.

After thinking about what prices should be changed, I came to conclusion that cop prices should be increased, so I propose to make the price ratio the same for every weapon and its ammunition. For example, I've set a 30% discount for items inside the Cop Shop compared to Ammu-Nation. If anyone is interested in doing their own calculations, I can provide you an excel sheet for that.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 08:09:56 pm by Combean0007 »

Offline BehindYou

• Respect: +9/-11
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: boomdata
Re: Tweak to Cop Shop / Ammu-Nation prices
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 04:37:36 pm »
How about when we get arrested as criminals. We should claim all our weapon ammo cause technically we already paid for our ammo and I am willing to pay more to claim my rightfully amount.

Offline Combean0007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 11:08:58 am »
How about when we get arrested as criminals. We should claim all our weapon ammo cause technically we already paid for our ammo and I am willing to pay more to claim my rightfully amount.
UUuuh, you do understand that your idea has nothing to do with my suggestion, right?

Offline Devils

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +10/-42
  • mosh
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: ???
  • Discord name: ???
  • Crew: Kensho
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 12:24:48 pm »
I've been questioning myself why prices for weapons and their ammunition in the Cop Shop differs so much from ones in Ammu-Nation. I had a look and wrote down pretty much every weapon and its ammunition you can buy inside these "shops" to compare them.
Because the prices before for the cop shop and ammunation are reactively similar, while ammunation have a slight increase to their prices. And  Mike suddenly changed it for no reason

https://mikescnr.com/forum/index.php/topic,8961.0.html

KENSHO

Offline Kittycatmur

• Baller
  • Respect: +5/-31
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Kittycatmur
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 01:52:21 pm »
Inspiration to this suggestion came to me when for the first time I've seen someone arguing about balancing server economy. Keep in mind, this suggestion is only relevant to Weapon/Ammo prices, nothing else.

As you can see, price ratio varies a lot, from 1,9 to 27,8. Some might say it's quite random.

After thinking about what prices should be changed, I came to conclusion that cop prices should be increased, so I propose to make the price ratio the same for every weapon and its ammunition. For example, I've set a 30% discount for items inside the Cop Shop compared to Ammu-Nation. If anyone is interested in doing their own calculations, I can provide you an excel sheet for that.

Ammount of ammo given from one purchase is different in copshop and ammunation, did you take it into account when made these tables?

UUuuh, you do understand that your idea has nothing to do with my suggestion, right?
No, he does not. He probably didn't even read it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 02:33:21 pm by Kittycatmur »

Offline punisher

• Respect: +24/-81
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: phonk
  • Crew: not needed
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 03:45:49 pm »
I mean its not that hard..
whatever the ammo price is gonna be.. just remove around 1k from cop shops..
for example..
1k ammo for m4 is ammunation make it around 3k
meanwhile for cops it will be 2k.

Offline Combean0007

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 05:59:32 pm »
Ammount of ammo given from one purchase is different in copshop and ammunation, did you take it into account when made these tables?
I, in fact, did not think about it.

As you can see, about 1/2 of weapons have the same amount of ammo per purchase. While it would impact prices above, it wouldn't be such a big deal. But now that I see it, I do think it should be the same amount of ammo we purchase in both places.

Offline Combean0007

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2022, 06:01:08 pm »
I mean its not that hard..
whatever the ammo price is gonna be.. just remove around 1k from cop shops..
for example..
1k ammo for m4 is ammunation make it around 3k
meanwhile for cops it will be 2k.
Well yeah, that's exactly what I proposed, 30% discount for cops inside their own PD Shop.