Author Topic: Crash zone LV  (Read 2126 times)

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +108/-73
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RA]Alex184
  • Discord name: J.Alex#5103
  • Crew: Founder of Ex [RA] Red Army Crew
Crash zone LV
« on: November 11, 2019, 07:20:06 pm »
This cursed road makes anyone goes through it crashes instantly. please find a solution as iam trying my best to keep players out of the crash zone.

[attachment deleted by admin]
 “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”

Offline Sewer_Rat

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +14/-24
  • Press -- respect button if you love me <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Behave
Re: Crash zone LV
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 07:23:28 pm »
Can confirm, btw stop calling players to the "crash zone", you tried to make me crash and managed to crash 5 players by abusing this bug before finally reporting it.

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 07:26:51 pm »
what u mean abuse it? i said to anyone who comes to this point to go away. u  just keep destroying the roadblocks

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 07:27:36 pm »
see the chat log

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 08:00:09 am »
I love how you've tried to cordon off the area, lmao. Great stuff.

It's 99% probably caused by either 1. too many vehicles in that area or 2. invalid vehicle mods.

1. The game can only handle loading a certain number of vehicles and different vehicle models at once. I'm not sure of the exact limits but around 70 different vehicle models seems to crash the game. I have applied fixes in the past to try and remedy this by reducing the number of vehicles and models that can spawn in an area. It is currently configured to only allow 70 vehicles to be spawned in a 400 radius. I really don't want to have to lower this any further as it's going to make the world very sparse in terms of ambient/static vehicles, but I guess I will take it down to 60 vehicles within 450 radius for now and see how it goes.

2. Every vehicle mod/component such as spoilers, exhausts and so on has an ID. For example 10x nitro is component ID 1010. Nitro can be added to almost any vehicle without any issue. Some vehicle components however are designed for either one specific vehicle (e.g. 1034 is an exhaust only compatible with the Elegy). If a component is added to a vehicle with which it is not compatible, it will crash the game. Some players download mods for their vehicles which give them different components to add in transfender, which are compatible with their mod but not compatible with other players. When they add the component and drive near other players, those other players will crash as their game is trying to load an incompatible component for that vehicle.

I added protection against this recently but have been unable to fully test it. I need to do that.

1. is generally the cause here though. Even though I've set a limit for how many vehicles can be in an area, players can drive more vehicles into that area. The only solution is to respawn the vehicles. Vehicle respawn time is currently set to 10 minutes (excluding personal/job vehicles which don't despawn) and I can't really make it any lower. Admins on the server can respawn all empty vehicles, which generally fixes this situation.

One solution I can think of is once a minute or so the server can check areas to see if there are too many vehicles there, and if so it can respawn the oldest occupied vehicle or something.

That's all I know. I'm not really sure what the ideal solution is.
View trailers here.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 08:22:42 am »
Ok looking at the code for invalid vehicle mods it seems I forgot to include it from the old anti-cheat code. I have done this now. However I am unable to test it as I can't find any vehicle mods that come with custom components. If anyone knows any give me a shout.

I have added the following:
- Detection for 'tuning' cheat, if someone tunes a vehicle and they are not inside a vehicle modshop the anti-cheat will now detect this.
- Client invalid mod detection: If a player adds an invalid component to their vehicle inside a modshop it will be rejected and the player informed and kicked.
- Server invalid mod detection: If the server tries to add an invalid vehicle component to a vehicle, this will now be rejected also and logged as an error. Perhaps some players have personal vehicles saved from before these changes which have invalid vehicle mods saved. This will prevent them from being loaded.

I will also be adding coordinates to the 'left the server (crash/timeout)' message for staff so they can more easily identify and investigate crash-prone areas if many players are crashing.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 08:34:37 am by Mike »
View trailers here.

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 11:27:12 am »
Will keep an eye for any crash zones and post if i find.
and thx for your efforts Mr.Mike
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 11:46:49 pm by Samone_dastroXD1 »

Offline _.please_delete

• ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝' ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔸𝕣𝕞𝕪
  • Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2020, 10:19:36 pm »
I encountered this 3 times yesterday, It is back and requires attention, whenever I am online and the active city is LV I will test it again, will also ask some of my friends to go there with me to confirm this issue exists on everyone.