Author Topic: MCNR system requirements - Minimum screen resolution  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
MCNR system requirements - Minimum screen resolution
« on: April 23, 2022, 05:59:49 pm »

MCNR system requirements

The requirements to play GTA: San Andreas are essentially a calculator connected to a potato. The main concern is resolution. Please ensure you play with a resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher. Any lower, and things will be unreadable, cut off the edges of the screen etc.

To change your resolution in-game, open the pause menu by pressing ESC, go to Options > Display > Advanced > Resolution. The third value (e.g. the 32 in '1920 x 1080 x 32') is the color bits. You should use 32-bit colors else textures will look bad.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 04:52:12 pm by Mike »
View trailers here.

Offline Krzychu

• Respect: +26/-24
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Krzychu
Re: MCNR system requirements - Minimum screen resolution
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 07:13:09 pm »
Mike, will you help me to have the best version of GTA San Andreas for high-end computers. I don't mean to have textures from outer space, but to have smooth play, no crash in samp. Because my desktop computer plays worse than my old laptop in GTA SA/SAMP. I would like to enjoy MCNR like I used to.

Offline Karbz

• Respect: +131/-37
  • Former Operations Manager
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Karbz
Re: MCNR system requirements - Minimum screen resolution
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 12:31:35 pm »
Mike, will you help me to have the best version of GTA San Andreas for high-end computers. I don't mean to have textures from outer space, but to have smooth play, no crash in samp. Because my desktop computer plays worse than my old laptop in GTA SA/SAMP. I would like to enjoy MCNR like I used to.

Hello @Gaku

It's essentially impossible to stop crashing on sa-mp, there are preventative measures you can take to try to avoid crashing such as installing crashes.asi (or an anti-crasher) but even then it doesn't make you immune to crashing.

You'll find you crash particularly more if your game (client) is heavily modified, or even slightly modified we recommend playing with a vanilla version.  There's not really any way to stop the crashing as it's just how sa-mp has been coded (very poorly, and Kalcor doesn't care about it anymore).