Author Topic: RDM or just DM? Admin ruling on a case regarding my attempt to "get what's mine"  (Read 5625 times)

Offline Jager90

• Busta
  • Respect: +1/-1
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Jager90
Admin Cire jailed me for 15 mins and infracted 4 points for 3 months for "RDM".

What happenned: me and a bunch of other guys went to rob a bank. There were 1 more persons(including me) than there were cashbags. I hacked the safe so I was last to pick the bag(because the opening animation) so I got no bag. But I'm a criminal, and there's also a bunch of other criminals with those bags, so why shouldn't I kill one of them to take what's mine? I tried to kill the last man to get the bag and failed.

Cire told me, that it was RDM. That basically means that my attempt to kill a person to get a bag was unlawful because the person wasn't "most wanted". Although the most wanted is obviously not the only reason for a criminal to kill other criminal. By the way Cire said, if I were to kill a most-wanted guy for a bag, than there won't be any sanctions against me.

My position is standing on one point, that's written in the last line of "valid reasons to attack or kill other players" in /dm which states, that the list is incomplete and there can be other reasons. Reasons, such as a will to take what's yours from another criminal. That's my opinion regarding a server's law. I also think that the RP should be applied here too. As you all know, there's an in-game feature, that lets us rob other criminals. We criminals also kill for money (most wanteds, bounties, that bank safe guard after all), so why shouldn't I be allowed to kill other criminals to take their cash bags or furthermore, to take what's mine?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 11:33:43 pm by Jager90 »

Offline Steven_Gimenez

• Street Soldier
  • Respect: +12/-10
  • Just a hot blooded guy trying to have fun.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Steven_Greeves
Why should it be yours? He grabbed it first, in fact, you could have tried robbing later, what you did it's RDM from my point of view
Only you can decide your fate, every human being is responsible for his or her actions.

Offline Jager90

• Busta
    • View Profile
Why should it be yours? He grabbed it first, in fact, you could have tried robbing later, what you did it's RDM from my point of view
Cause I hacked the safe.

Offline MrAz18485

• Respect: +12/-6
  • Gone.
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Henry_Oaks
It is obviously RDM.Read the /dm please.

Regards
MrAz18485

Offline Jager90

• Busta
    • View Profile
It is obviously RDM.Read the /dm please.

Regards
MrAz18485
My whole point stands on a thing written in /dm, as I said. /dm rules imply, that there could be a custom reason (or reasons) for a criminal to kill other criminal. That's why I'm complaining.

P.S: I wrote this complain in order to get some clarity regarding existing rules from other admins and/or creator. I also think that rules should be changed if this ruling will be considered correct.

Offline MrAz18485

• Gone.
    • View Profile
Its not correct.Then people would get some teammates hit the bank and kill their teammates on the way,then get their Cash Bags.It makes no sense.And also,if you guys were most wanted,you could kill that guy.You can suggest the thing you said in Suggestions section if you want.

Offline Jager90

• Busta
    • View Profile
Its not correct.Then people would get some teammates hit the bank and kill their teammates on the way,then get their Cash Bags.It makes no sense.And also,if you guys were most wanted,you could kill that guy.
What's the point of killing your own teammates, with whom you agreed to rob a bank in order to get a bag, that you BTW wouldn't be able to collect.  The raid on a bank was organized spontaneously. Just a bunch of criminals were near the bank and ran towards a safe, I was first to reach it so I hacked it. There was no agreement between us(or at least between me and others). Your whole point is illogical.

Offline MrAz18485

• Gone.
    • View Profile
Just because you are the first guy who hacked the vault,it doesnt mean that those bags belong to you.
If you think they belong to you,prove it please.

Offline Jager90

• Busta
    • View Profile
Just because you are the first guy who hacked the vault,it doesnt mean that those bags belong to you.
If you think they belong to you,prove it please.
Because I said so, because I'm a criminal. I take what's not mine already, but as I hacked the vault I think one bag should be mine anyway. Criminals already can kill for money (bounties/most wanted) so what's the difference?

Let's imagine a situation, when not most wanted criminal steals your vehicle(you bought it) and tries to get away, but you manage to kill him in a process. Should you be sanctioned after this too?

Also let's imagine that the criminal I've tried to kill was most wanted. Okay, in this case I wouldn't have been sanctioned, but what's the main difference in that case? His status or what? I remind you that there could be other reasons to kill, as said in /dm.

Offline MrAz18485

• Gone.
    • View Profile
If a criminal steals your vehicle that you own,yes you can kill him.Because you own that vehicle.But,you can’t kill someone else just because he picked up the last bag and there is no bag left in the vault.That bag doesn’t belong to you.Because he took it first.
Its not a valid reason to kill.Cire did his job.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 08:23:05 am by MrAz18485 »

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
Sorry but I disagree here. If someone has a cash bag and you want to steal it from them you have to kill them. It’s a completely valid reason to kill. Even if you promised to work with them and then crossed them that’s valid in my eyes.

RDM means killing without a valid reason. Killing someone to take what is theirs is valid. I would even say that if you see another player in a nice car, killing them to take their car is valid.

I will get this infraction revoked once I confirm with Cire that this is the only reason.
View trailers here.

Offline Jager90

• Busta
    • View Profile
If a criminal steals your vehicle that you own,yes you can kill him.Because you own that vehicle.But,you can’t kill someone else just because he picked up the last bag and there is no bag left in the vault.That bag doesn’t belong to you.Because he took it first.
Its not a valid reason to kill.Cire did his job.

At that point I can doubt that you understand the whole concept of crime and criminals. That's the whole point actually.

What's the whole point of playing Cops'n'Robbers if I can't do crime, escpecially to other criminals?

Do not forget that it can't be a RDM by definition. I was acting according to rules, which say (i'm tired of repeating that same thing) that there could be another valid reason for a criminal to kill other criminals, besides those which are already listed there (in /dm).

Offline Sefer Copic

• Busta
  • Buster
    • View Profile
Bro,
u can kill a person with a bag if he is Most Wanted Or if a bounty is on him but if none of that is on him u cant kill him PLEASE read the /dm

Offline Cire

• Respect: +2/-3
  • A staff member on the MCNR Team
    • View Profile
Okay so, i gave u 3 infraction points because i tough that's a valid reason for someone to be punished. I will talk about this with mike and keep you updated.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 02:28:59 pm by Cire »

Offline Cire

• Respect: +2/-3
  • A staff member on the MCNR Team
    • View Profile
Okay so i thought that was a valid reason for someone to be punished, i checked with 3 other staff if that's okay they said sure since i wasn't most wanted. We didn't know that  that wasn't a valid reason to be punished since we never asked mike something about that. Your infractions have been removed and i am apologizing for my bad call and jailing you and giving you infraction points.