Author Topic: It doesn't matter where I'm aiming when I rob  (Read 2592 times)

Offline Zsombor0124

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Zsombor0124
It doesn't matter where I'm aiming when I rob
« on: August 07, 2019, 12:03:48 pm »
My ingame name:  Zsombor0124
Bug desc.: So when I go ahead and rob the Palomino Bank  or literally any store, I aim at the cashier and after then I can aim anywhere as long as I aim and I succeed, or I can aim at the cashier and I still fail the robbery. It's pretty random.
Where were you: At Palomino Creek
What were you doing: I was robbing stores
Is this a reoccurring issue? Has it happened to you or others before?: I was at Palomino twice today, happened to me twice. Others? I have no Idea
Date and time of incident: Today (like 1-2 hours ago)
Video of the incident:
" class="bbc_img

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
Re: It doesn't matter where I'm aiming when I rob
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 12:09:35 pm »
When you aim away from the cashier, you have about a 5 second warning and then it fails. In the first part of the video you were that close to the clerk that the game didn't think you were 'aiming away' when you turned. You can use /ctd to show which actor you're looking at to get a sense of what the game thinks you're looking at. Use /ctd to turn it off again. Sometimes obstacles are between you and the actor (e.g. the bank window, the cash register) which can mean you aren't looking at the actor. The 'camera target' system is pretty inaccurate, it won't know if your crosshairs are directly on the clerk, just whether they are in the line of sight of your camera angle.

As for the second part of the video, I've never had a robbery fail instantly like that for me. The only way I was also to semi-reproduce that was to walk into the dollar sign while aiming and robbing, as opening the dialog takes your aim away. But you didn't do that in your video so I'm not really sure on that one.

http://mikescnr.com/stuff/Mike/storerob.mp4
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 12:14:32 pm by Mike »
View trailers here.

Offline Zsombor0124

• Busta
  • Buster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 12:13:44 pm »
OK Let Me give a little explanation:
So the first part: I was shaking the camera and It didn't give me any warning as you can see, I did that when I was noob and I was robbing stores for the first time and I failed because of that, well this didn't happen on the video.

Second part: I was aiming right at him, and it still failed, never happened to me before, just today, I'm  gonna test it again and post the second video in the replies if it bugs again.
" class="bbc_img

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 12:14:45 pm »
http://mikescnr.com/stuff/Mike/storerob.mp4

Sometimes (can't reproduce right now) there's a weird bug where you have to walk forward to update the camera target or it doesn't detect it.

As you can see in the above video, the markings on the store clerk go but it can take up to 1 second for the server to realise you've aimed away. It only checks this once a second.
View trailers here.

Offline Zsombor0124

• Busta
  • Buster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 12:20:15 pm »
Okay well, I've done some testing, the first part of the video is just inaccuracy, but the second is really weird. I robbed 4 stores at angel pine and only one had this bug. I don't know, maybe the system is inaccurate.
" class="bbc_img

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 11:25:32 am »
I will add a new message explaining the reason for failure so we know what’s going on.
View trailers here.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 08:30:41 am »
I have added a new message in chat which explains the reason for holdups to fail. If this happens again, let me know what it says in chat. We can then narrow down the reason.

To re-iterate and clarify.. With the holdup actor targetting, it currently uses SA-MP's target detection system to detect the actor you are looking at. Unfortunately if an object is between you and the actor it may fail to detect. I could easily code my own simple detection to see if you are aiming in the direction of the actor you are holding up, however it currently works for the majority of the time so is not a priority right now.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 08:36:44 am by Mike »
View trailers here.