Author Topic: rustler for civs  (Read 2000 times)

Rated 8 times

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
rustler for civs
« on: May 28, 2020, 06:17:55 am »
« Last Rated on: July 16, 2020, 03:12:26 pm »
civillians should be able to access rustler from level 100, if that vehicle applies to rank 10 cops only

Offline Parzival

• Respect: +79/-101
    • View Profile
  • Crew: Crew
Re: rustler for civs
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 07:45:55 am »
+1, damage can be nerfed a little to make it balanced?
xo

Offline GtaFreak

• Respect: +38/-6
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: GtaFreak
  • Discord name: GtaFreak#4193
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 07:50:55 am »

Why would you even need it? For dogfights?

I can see this getting abused or misused, the only logical reason for it would be to take others down who are in planes.

And how often do people even use planes on here, 95% of the time they are used are for doing the daily objective.

So a weaponized air craft for civs won't bring anything good to the table.

Maybe if Mike decides to add an air smuggling mission then this can be a way to stop others from making profit by using a rustler to take down their plane? Until there's a good reason for it, there isn't any reason as of now.

Elaborate on your suggestion a little more.

What are the pros and cons.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:53:44 am by GtaFreak »

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 10:46:00 am »
Yes this would be great. Not only would you then have a weapon to kill people in aircrafts (which you now don't, meaning a person can avoid being killed as long as he's mid-air), including the dogfights which are really fun, but we would finally be able to use an aircraft which isn't slow and can land almost anywhere.

Making it unlock at level 100 would make it safe, so people won't randomly shoot anyone and even if they do they can be punished, and since it takes a while to get to lvl100 those players are regulars players so it actually will hurt them.

Other than shooting, rustler is the only aircraft that's fast and has the ability to land/take off in almost every road. This means it has potential to be used in missions, any kind of long-distance delivery really, and also there was talk about unique air-delivery missions coming in future, so this would fit perfectly. This isn't just a thing that destroys vehicles, there's more to it.. Just casually flying around, doing stunts or flying through tunnels is something people do, and you can't have the same result nor satisfaction with the slow ass dodo or helicopter. Not to mention it takes a while to get good at it, so not everybody will use it. I don't think any nerfing is required, since it's only lethal once you figure out how to properly use it..just like any other weapon.

The only issue with this, is what would dmers do with it. Hunting cops is -for whatever reason- allowed so this would mean you could just fly around the city and destroy everyone's vehicle. This is a problem, yes, HOWEVER, don't pretend this isn't a problem right now. If you want to fix it, fix it by changing the rules, not by limiting us of any extra features because some people like dming. Considering there aren't any decent pilots around from what i've seen, although rarely anyone plays a solo cop anyway so even if there were any i wouldn't notice it, this wouldn't be an issue at all. If this is the only reason why you wouldn't want to add it, again, start by fixing the gameplay and the rules because the pointless DM right now wouldn't be any different than the pointless DM with rustlers.

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 11:08:47 am »
Yes this would be great. Not only would you then have a weapon to kill people in aircrafts (which you now don't, meaning a person can avoid being killed as long as he's mid-air), including the dogfights which are really fun, but we would finally be able to use an aircraft which isn't slow and can land almost anywhere.

Making it unlock at level 100 would make it safe, so people won't randomly shoot anyone and even if they do they can be punished, and since it takes a while to get to lvl100 those players are regulars players so it actually will hurt them.

Other than shooting, rustler is the only aircraft that's fast and has the ability to land/take off in almost every road. This means it has potential to be used in missions, any kind of long-distance delivery really, and also there was talk about unique air-delivery missions coming in future, so this would fit perfectly. This isn't just a thing that destroys vehicles, there's more to it.. Just casually flying around, doing stunts or flying through tunnels is something people do, and you can't have the same result nor satisfaction with the slow ass dodo or helicopter. Not to mention it takes a while to get good at it, so not everybody will use it. I don't think any nerfing is required, since it's only lethal once you figure out how to properly use it..just like any other weapon.

The only issue with this, is what would dmers do with it. Hunting cops is -for whatever reason- allowed so this would mean you could just fly around the city and destroy everyone's vehicle. This is a problem, yes, HOWEVER, don't pretend this isn't a problem right now. If you want to fix it, fix it by changing the rules, not by limiting us of any extra features because some people like dming. Considering there aren't any decent pilots around from what i've seen, although rarely anyone plays a solo cop anyway so even if there were any i wouldn't notice it, this wouldn't be an issue at all. If this is the only reason why you wouldn't want to add it, again, start by fixing the gameplay and the rules because the pointless DM right now wouldn't be any different than the pointless DM with rustlers.

ah, thank you for helping me raise the suggestion rating up, wordsmith  ;D

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 11:31:32 am »
The issue with all the armed vehicles is that you can't detect them shooting vehicles. They can blow up innocent people's cars and the script can't see that. That's why the army vehicles were removed. I really hate how SA-MP lacks basic functionality like this.

If I do add them, they will definitely be a late level unlock, and only spawn 1 or 2 per city. People that abuse them will have their level reset, simple.
View trailers here.

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-9
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Solid
  • Discord name: Solid#3859
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 02:41:21 pm »
The issue with all the armed vehicles is that you can't detect them shooting vehicles. They can blow up innocent people's cars and the script can't see that. That's why the army vehicles were removed. I really hate how SA-MP lacks basic functionality like this.

If I do add them, they will definitely be a late level unlock, and only spawn 1 or 2 per city. People that abuse them will have their level reset, simple.

Swap to MTA xD

Offline RavenGuard69

• Banned
  • Baller
  • Respect: +16/-60
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Bear
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 11:20:47 am »
Swap to MTA xD
but at least don't add mods cuz 99% of teh sevrer have a bad net xD just add some maps

Offline BorisminMilk

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +21/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 03:12:19 pm »
1-