Author Topic: The housing system!  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-9
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Solid
  • Discord name: Solid#3859
The housing system!
« on: May 25, 2020, 04:37:55 pm »
Hello, ladies and gentlemen.

As you know in Mike's Cops and Robbers we have a housing system, which let's you purchase 5 (corrected by @dudesdog ) houses, which can range from dirt, worn down trailers in Angel Pine all the way up to the biggest mansions in Vinewood. Which is an excellent idea! I personally think that's a real end-game goal, to have expensive houses.
If a player is inactive for over X time, the houses get sold off back to the server and the player gets refunded 50% of the houses price, I personally had a few houses over 700k+ back at the end of 2019, but don't have any of them anymore, which I believe was fair, since I really wasn't active back then.

But we're not here to discuss the inactivity of housing, we're here to discuss the functionality of housing!   :D

Houses can be used for:
1. Storing Money
2. Storing Guns
3. Spawning

1. Currently the economy is really fucked up and the servers management are aware of it and will be fixing it, we just don't know when or how exactly, but on the current system, storing money is completely pointless, because the only reason for doing it is to avoid taxes. The taxes currently only get applied to players above 10 million dollars in their bank accounts, which is quite a small percentage of the playerbase and even then are so minimal that you can earn the lost amount back mostly with your interest and a few bank robberies. Also if you store your money in the safe at your house, it can be stolen by other players in house robberies!

2. Moving on to the other thing, weapons. The only reason to place weapons in your safe would be if you were to spawn there without guns and then you can take them, but then why not just drive to the nearest ammunation on your way to do something? The other thing Mike thought of if you're being chased by cops, but I doubt you'll have the time to get weapons out your safe before getting arrested, most people still don't drive to their houses in the case of cops chasing, they prefer to try and outrun them in other methods, such as lag pitting, out speeding or just straight up killing the cops.

3. One roleplay related thing you can do at your house is house parties, I mean some might do them, in my 100+ hours of play, I haven't seen a single one, but I mean that's not a real gameplay reason to have a whole housing system in a server, because then you can name a million roleplay related things you can do in a house.

4. Robbing houses is a really good way to make money if you know the rich players who store their cash in the safes, so that's a good, fun activity to do. The normal items you take from the houses right now pay like utter shit in the current economy.

5. No one somewhat hardcore spawns at their house, it's most of the time quite far from the bank or other points of interests, if it's not then good job, you're using it perfectly.

So, this is all nice that I've written it, but that's just there to give those who don't know or don't care some information. The reason for the thread is to discuss what other things can be added (after fixing stuff like economy, rules etc. which are in the works) to the houses, to make them more practical and useful.

Recently I did the MCNR Development Survey on the google forms page and I noticed a very good idea, drug growing. I believe Mike and M3E6 being the devs they are could (again after the other stuff is fixed) add a drug system in which drugs give actual benefits and the exact place you would be able to grow/produce them would be your house. The bigger and more expensive the house, the more 'product' you can produce for you, your crew or to sell off to other players or the server. The more you would be able to make, the more expensive the process, the more drugs you get at the end.

I want your guys help to think of more similar additions that could be added to houses later in the future to make them more practical.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 04:54:25 pm by Solid »

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
  • Respect: +129/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dudesdog
  • Discord name: Dudesdog#6216
  • Crew: 77 - Continental Crew
Re: The housing system!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 04:44:09 pm »
Hi,

You can have up to 5 houses currently. I +1 the drug growing house idea (backyard ofc) however if cops get within a certain distance you should get a wanted (if online..) if not online, I suggest they are able to take it for a reward. You could use this to create a new illegal mission, delivering to drug houses, or other players??.

Also, @UnforgiveN had a pretty rad house party once or twice.. Now that houses can have boomboxes in them, I am sure we will see more house parties.

The main reason people put money in their safe is that they can avoid the income tax (which as you said has been increased to 10mil). You do have a point about the weapons, they mostly just sit in my safes with the ammo.. As it is more practicable to just go to an ammunation.

Overall, great post!

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 04:56:11 pm »
The drug making I think could happen in-doors as well, possibly depending on the drug type. And yeah, you could make it a cop mission to find or go to a drug production place and do X things for a reward, but have a cooldown on it or a rare chance of happening.

Besides that, yeah I've heard of house parties happening, it's just not so relevant to buy a 600k+ house because of roleplay.

We need more stuff to do there, so THINK!!  :o

Offline BorisminMilk

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +21/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 07:22:04 am »
test

Offline Flyburger

• MOST TOXIC PLAYER 2020
  • Respect: +105/-98
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Flyburger
  • Discord name: Flyburger#9706
  • Crew: KoS always in heart
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 07:47:28 am »
test
Why are you keep posting useless stuff such as "TEST" or "hello" in some post?

Offline diogogames

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +3/-7
  • Professional Noob
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: diogogames
  • Discord name: Stormnet
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 10:12:59 pm »

As you know in Mike's Cops and Robbers we have a housing system, which let's you purchase 5 (corrected by @dudesdog ) houses, which can range from dirt, worn down trailers in Angel Pine all the way up to the biggest mansions in Vinewood. Which is an excellent idea! I personally think that's a real end-game goal, to have expensive houses.

Although I agree with what you say, this is getting to a point where active rich players own all the high-end mansions. It's becoming not a matter of lacking money, but a matter of lack of offer.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 09:14:18 pm by diogogames »

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 02:23:27 pm »
Although I agree with what you say, this is getting to a point where active rich players own all the high-end mansions. It's becoming not a matter of lacking money, but a matter of lack of offer.

Yup! But I believe not all housing currently has prices set, so in the future Mike can add more without big issues.