Author Topic: Buff the Police  (Read 2479 times)

Rated 1 time

Offline diogogames

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +3/-7
  • Professional Noob
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: diogogames
  • Discord name: Stormnet
Buff the Police
« on: May 25, 2020, 10:19:30 am »
« Last Rated on: May 25, 2020, 04:52:44 pm »
So, if you've been playing MCNR in the last months, you surely noticed the Cop population drastically dropped. When I joined MCNR, the cop/civ ratio was usually 1/2, and it wasnt rare for it to be bigger. But now its very rare for the number of cops to surpass that (today there were 4 cops (including me) for 27 civs). I'm not the best cop ever, but I have an idea why:

1- The tazer is shit.

I've seen people crying that the tazer is OP, and blah blah blah, but it not. The tazers range (it isnt as bad as it used to be thoguht) is laughable at best. Anybody a bit further is completely safe. Also, since its a single shot weapon, and you got to wait for the reload. Its extremely hard to catch unarmed crims that are running, cuz even if you get close enoguth by jumping faster, you only got one shot, if you fail, you got to reload, and get close to them again. No wonder many cops just shoot everybody. And against crims with weaponds, 99% of the time you'll just have to use your weaponds against them, because they will just shoot you. Its extremly hard to hit criminals that keep jumping and sprinting. Almost all hits are just luck.

Maybe add a 2nd shot before reloading.

2- The cars are shit.

So, this will be a bit controversial, but the cars are shit. Police cruisers never catch most crims, as nearly everybody is on high-end supercars/superbikes. Pursuit vehicles solve this but only partially. Having to go into the PD garage just to get one is a bit boring, but the main issue is, since on nearly every car chase, the car gets beaten very hard, you end up having to pay to fix it (or go to the PD garage to get it again) and you cant respawn them. Personal cars can fix this, but since when do you like to use a 70k vehicle (that costs 3600$ to recover if destroyed) to catch a MW suspect that (will put a fight and shoot back and) pay a measly 600$?

3- The helis are shit.

There is no point in using a heli unless you plan one having a cop team. Most cops wont bother with going after the suspect you are chasing, and you cant do anything usefull either (cant shoot, if you land they just drive away, you are just stuck chasing them unyil your choppo is destroyed or you get bored)

Make possible to driveby from a chopper or add guns to one, since besides the aqua chopper which name i dont remenber, every one is useless.

4- Bribing is anoying both for the criminals and cops

So, bribing jailed crims is unrealiable as fuck. You go to a jail, you see a guy with a high bail, you click on them, type the bribe: "Player is too far away to bribe". He is on the jail next to the one im looking at. The I have to figure out who is him, since you cant see name tags. This also happends with the crims.

Make it so the only names that apear to bribe/offer a bribe are the ones you are in range to do so (or you can bribe everyone once you are in the jail room).

5- Its literally a high risk - low reward job

So, I'm quite noob at PvP, and I dont hide that. Since 80-90% of crims are armed, you just expect a firefight, But when you die, you have to pay 500$+400$ counting armor so 900$ to get back where you were. If you caught 2 MWs (alone) before you died, you would only gain 300$. And if you only got 1 (assuming you even get one, since they like to be in groups) you get a 300$ bill. Seriously.

Make it so at least you get a discount in medical bills when you get killed.

6- Next to no cops to team up + lots of hostile crims in groups + all the disadvantages = Mikes Robbers

Either by agreeing or disagreeing (with constructive criticism), thanks for reading this.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 12:14:33 pm by diogogames »

Offline UnforgiveN

• Respect: +49/-14
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: UnforgiveN
  • Crew: 36 Boys
Re: Buff the Police
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 11:36:13 am »
Im playing as a cop nowadays . All i see is payment isnt enough and cop shop menu is useless . Cops have enough power if they know how to use it .
logo" border="0

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-41
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 01:13:08 pm »
People say team up with someone in order to take down gangs..uhh, how can i team up with someone when half of the cops are gang members and they won't help you in arresting their friends, and the other half are noobs which will just slow you down. And it's not that they don't help you, it's that they sometimes help their friends..join a fight, only kill the rival gang members and bribe their own. I'm not saying gang members shouldn't be allowed to play as cops (although that would be ideal), but at the very least the 'career switch' should be limited to once per game week (or longer).

Helicopters - yes they're shit, don't use them..even if someone is on top of a building don't waste your time, it's not worth it. Just go for a different criminal, and if there aren't any just stay afk. Why? Because it takes too long and they can just jump down which ends up with them dying but still not arrested because you weren't close enough.

Cars - you can buy your own car, just farm up some cash and buy cheetah/infernus. Cars in pd garage are slow and unreliable.

Cash - yes, cops need more cash for arrests/takedowns..and i don't mean a small raise, i mean they literally need 5x the current pay to make some minimal profit after a job well done.

Tazer - it's fine I guess..but u will rarely use it since 90% of criminals are armed anyway so you won't get a chance to arrest them

Bribes - I agree, this is annoying. You chase someone, you somehow manage to destroy their vehicle, you then somehow manage to win a 1v1, and it all ends up with them instantly bribing someone for $500, getting out, their weapons waiting for them in the locker, their car teleporting to them in a few seconds. What's the point of playing a cop, really..not only do you don't profit but you aren't even useful since it takes them less than a minute to get back at the same spot they were in before you arrested them.
How to fix this? dunno..limit the bribes to 1-2 per week, maybe force a rank demotion after it.

Offline Flyburger

• MOST TOXIC PLAYER 2020
  • Respect: +105/-98
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Flyburger
  • Discord name: Flyburger#9706
  • Crew: KoS always in heart
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 01:25:40 pm »
Im playing as a cop nowadays . All i see is payment isnt enough and cop shop menu is useless . Cops have enough power if they know how to use it .
Same, I think just the payday is not that worth,other than that is pretty neat.
1- The tazer is shit.

I've seen people crying that the tazer is OP, and blah blah blah, but it not. The tazers range (it isnt as bad as it used to be thoguht) is laughable at best. Anybody a bit further is completely safe. Also, since its a single shot weapon, and you got to wait for the reload. Its extremely hard to catch unarmed crims that are running, cuz even if you get close enoguth by jumping faster, you only got one shot, if you fail, you got to reload, and get close to them again. No wonder many cops just shoot everybody. And against crims with weaponds, 99% of the time you'll just have to use your weaponds against them, because they will just shoot you. Its extremly hard to hit criminals that keep jumping and sprinting. Almost all hits are just luck.

I do think current tazer system is fine and don't need any more buffs, imagine having tazer can 2 shot with deagle range. big nono, here's some clips that happened today and 1 was like weeks ago that I'm chasing running/jumping suspect.
(click to show/hide)
2- The cars are shit.

So, this will be a bit controversial, but the cars are shit. Police cruisers never catch most crims, as nearly everybody is on high-end supercars/superbikes. Pursuit vehicles solve this but only partially. Having to go into the PD garage just to get one is a bit boring, but the main issue is, since on nearly every car chase, the car gets beaten very hard, you end up having to pay to fix it (or go to the PD garage to get it again) and you cant respawn them. Personal cars can fix this, but since when do you like to use a 70k vehicle (that costs 3600$ to recover if destroyed) to catch a MW suspect that (will put a fight and shoot back and) pay a measly 600$?

I didn't record but i pretty much rekt most of the player with police cruiser/bike in early of the day, if you don't wanna waste money on recover fee then stick to police vehicle,easy as that. Spawning fast car every time with police abilities is just way too much.

So, I'm quite noob at PvP, and I dont hide that. Since 80-90% of crims are armed, you just expect a firefight, But when you die, you have to pay 500$+400$ counting armor so 900$ to get back where you were. If you caught 2 MWs (alone) before you died, you would only gain 300$. And if you only got 1 (assuming you even get one, since they like to be in groups) you get a 300$ bill. Seriously.

I agreed, but I do think that arresting MW get more money is better, increasing the payout, high risk high reward then.

6- Next to no cops to team up + lots of hostile crims in groups + all the disadvantages = Mikes Robbers
I usually go alone, it's not a big problem for me, it's more about playing it smart than rushing in 1v4 when you got no assurance. And you can always ask friend to accompany if so. (Make some friends if you don't have)

I do agree bribe is annoying and PD heli is basically useless, so i don't use them. And I stick to personal vehicle,since money really doesn't matter in here, everyone get millionaires and got no place to spend their money. Why not spend them on guns and vehicle then.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 01:31:03 pm by Flyburger »

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 01:48:29 pm »
I really dislike topics with multiple suggestions. It makes it impossible to categorise them.

1- The tazer is shit.

I think it's balanced fine how it is.

2- The cars are shit.

If everyone can have fast cop cars, I might as well just remove the regular cop cars altogether. Cops have other advanages.

3- The helis are shit.

There is no point in using a heli unless you plan one having a cop team. Most cops wont bother with going after the suspect you are chasing, and you cant do anything usefull either (cant shoot, if you land they just drive away, you are just stuck chasing them unyil your choppo is destroyed or you get bored)

Make possible to driveby from a chopper or add guns to one, since besides the aqua chopper which name i dont remenber, every one is useless.
I agree, they aren't that useful, but it is what it is. I can't do anything about that. You really underestimate how much control us scripters actually have over the game. There's no possible way to allow drive-by from the helicopter. As much as I'd love to.

4- Bribing is anoying both for the criminals and cops

So, bribing jailed crims is unrealiable as fuck. You go to a jail, you see a guy with a high bail, you click on them, type the bribe: "Player is too far away to bribe". He is on the jail next to the one im looking at. The I have to figure out who is him, since you cant see name tags. This also happends with the crims.

Make it so the only names that apear to bribe/offer a bribe are the ones you are in range to do so (or you can bribe everyone once you are in the jail room).
Will grey out the out-of-range players in the list. Done for next update.

I agree, cops shouldn't be paying any medical bills. Any medics too. Consider this done.

Either by agreeing or disagreeing (with constructive criticism), thanks for reading this.
What's the suggestion here? Force people to work together? You get arrest assist bonuses, what more can I do?
View trailers here.

Offline diogogames

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +3/-7
  • Professional Noob
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: diogogames
  • Discord name: Stormnet
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 03:26:24 pm »
Thanks to everybody for the constructive criticism.

Offline Flyburger

• MOST TOXIC PLAYER 2020
  • Respect: +105/-98
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Flyburger
  • Discord name: Flyburger#9706
  • Crew: KoS always in heart
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 03:57:07 pm »
Thanks to everybody for the constructive criticism.

You are welcomed.

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-9
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Solid
  • Discord name: Solid#3859
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 04:20:26 pm »
Tazer is balanced in terms of range, but I believe a few minor updates ago Mike made it so the same person can't be tazed 2 times in a row, with a 10 second time inbetween, I think this should be lowered to 5 seconds, because there are times where you go chase a crim on foot for 8 minutes to finally get a tazer on him and he just breaks out and the chase goes for another 8 minutes, bit annoying.

I honestly think the default cop cares are quite good. I base vehicles off of 2 things. Speed and survivability, I'm not sure on this, but set vehicles burn quicker then others (basing this off of /dl info), and the cruisers don't start burning all that quick and their handling and speed are quite good. The only cruiser I think is by default worse is the SFPD cruisers, but I don't think Mike has any power over them so it's just a thing you have to deal with.
There are the special high rank pursuit vehicles, which are cool, but truly do get destroyed quickly, I did suggest making high ranking cops be able to convert their civ cars to cop cars, which Mike said would be cool, but believes would be highly unbalanced due to everyone using them. I think if you make it only possibly from a set rank, it wouldn't be a big issue, since then I'd believe that you've earned it really.

Default police mavericks are shit, the Rustler (Plane with guns) and Seasparrow (Heli with guns) are cool to use, but quite impractical unless you have a dedicated ground team, because 90% of criminals cannot be shot to death, so they're big machine guns are only good to take out the cars, then you have to land and try and chase them on foot, which is utter shit, but that's mostly due to rules not the vehicles fault.

Currently the bribing is meh', Mike definitely made it a whole lot better since the last update, but I still think it should be limited a bit more in a realistic sense, let's say make bribes only possible for officers of rank 6 and above.

Regarding cops working together, I mean it happens not a whole lot, but it's out of Mikes control, I believe as there will be new players, more cop players, thus more teaming.

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
  • Respect: +129/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dudesdog
  • Discord name: Dudesdog#6216
  • Crew: 77 - Continental Crew
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 04:21:02 pm »
Cops have enough power if they know how to use it .

Cops do not need to be buffed, I think many just give up as they go 1v5.. Team up with other cops and you will see how fair (if not leaned towards police) it is.

Offline legend

• legend himself
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +145/-185
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: saz.1337
  • Discord name: MLGERROR#8473
  • Crew: 1337WESTMOB
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2020, 07:55:33 pm »
Police was overpowered before and still is. Only the payday is kinda whiffy-whoffy.

Tazers were op, they got nerfed, and still are op if you know how to use it.

that explains it perfectly

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 08:06:55 am »
The reason I don't like topics with multiple suggestions.. I've implemented suggestion #4 and #5 but rejected the others. Where do I move this topic now?
View trailers here.