Poll

What should MCNR do in regards to crews?

Forbid the formation of crews altogether.
Keep it how it is but much stricter and strongly-enforced rules.
Add the crew system but players must apply to create a crew. Problematic crews removed and barred from forming another.
Add crew system and allow anyone to create a crew, but with strict rules which are enforced.
Other (state in a reply).

Author Topic: The Crew System: An Update (Have Your Say)  (Read 10332 times)

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
The Crew System: An Update (Have Your Say)
« on: May 21, 2020, 05:45:59 am »
Hi everyone.

Some of you may know that I have been working on a crew system for some time. It’s around 80% finished now, and could be finished in a couple of days. It’s really cool and I’m happy of how well the development quality of it is. A lot of time and effort has been put into it.

The reason it hasn’t been done is because I have growing concerns that adding a crew system is just going to exacerbate the current issue we have with crews. Every single day I see complaint after complaint about crews. The crews/players know who they are and what they’re doing.

I personally feel adding crews (and allowing crews at all to be honest) is turning the server into a DM server and driving players away. I understand why people want to be in a crew and I would love if it would work out, but unless crew behaviour can be properly controlled it’s not going to happen. We may even go as far as banning the formation of crews altogether.

Even if crews behave and it works out, do we really want to encourage groups of 8+ people to rob the bank, leaving regular solo players or those in small crews unable to compete fairly?

I will run a poll on this topic so you guys can decide what approach we should take as a community. Also please let me know your thoughts below.

For players that are in crews that play by the rules and never cause problems, I’m sorry this has been ruined by some other players.

NOTE: The outcome of the poll is not indicative to what will happen. I just want to gauge what people feel. I won’t rush into a decision.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 05:53:45 am by Mike »
View trailers here.

Offline Rockstarboi

• Baller
  • Respect: +63/-52
    • View Profile
Re: The Crew System: An Update (Have Your Say)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 06:45:15 am »
Okay i am going to be active now for my crew :v
Anyway yo man add it players that are breaking sv rules that are in crew the player should be punished not the crew I guess it's a strong add to sv.
Special chat for us we can do whatever we want+teammates of us(cops-criminals) all these things are amazing but there should be no war against each crew it's like dm(my hoppy) but if you want to add it of course then 😎 In my opinion at all as I voted above I need to add smth that you really need to put some serious rules before the system added.

Offline SilenTHunteR

• Respect: +7/-19
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Sierra117
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 07:00:32 am »
Hi there, I am sorry if it is not allowed to post here. There are certain things that you may agree or not, but they cause more death matching than crew does. However even if revenge taking system makes sense, but removing it will be quite peaceful, cause if a player dies in the first battle then it should obviously be his fault.
A player should only be killed if he do atleast one of these things to other player :-
1. Robbed them
2. Robbed their houses
3. Attacking them or their team mate
4. Placing bounty
5. All other petty reasons like ramming/ following people for too long and etc.

And if he dies after doing any of these things, he should not be able to seek revenge cause it was his fault if he dies.

I am saying this after an experience of playing for 5 years on my previous server.

*IF A PLAYER DIES DUE TO ANY OF THE REASONS I MENTIONED ABOVE, THEN THE SITUATION ENDS*
Implementing this rule will be the best to stop death matching.

Offline naz

• Busta
  • Respect: +13/-8
  • Banned????
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: casemiro
  • Discord name: casemiro
  • Crew: [WAA]
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 07:22:07 am »
yes maybe we need crews to make the game more fun n add other crews coz other guyz want 2 enter crews also but are denied so help them 2 ;D ;D

Offline GtaFreak

• Respect: +38/-6
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: GtaFreak
  • Discord name: GtaFreak#4193
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 07:42:11 am »
Getting sick of situations where a 1v1 series of events turns into 1v2, 1v3, etc. Just because "he's my friend or he's in my gang, I'm allowed to help him".
By far the dumbest excuse to ever exist. Being allowed to RDM someone cause they hit your friend/gang member?

It's not a DM server, it's Cops and Robbers.

Remove it and salvage what you can, focus on balancing money earned, quality of life changes and new content.
(i strongly believe this is what is best for the server)

YellowFlash suggested a DM warehouse or something, if people really love DM and nothing but DM. You can always add an interior or zone somewhere where players can spawn repeatedly and DM each other, out of everyone elses way and with no rules, just enter the location, kill each other, settle your disputes, etc. And leave when you want to.

Offline Flyburger

• MOST TOXIC PLAYER 2020
  • Respect: +105/-98
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Flyburger
  • Discord name: Flyburger#9706
  • Crew: KoS always in heart
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 07:52:40 am »
Agree with both gentlemen above

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Respect: +39/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DRAG0NFURY
  • Discord name: lxtus0
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 08:13:11 am »
i know the implication here, this whole thread was made only because of WT and AC theres no other crews that cause problems really but let me tell you something

whats the hesitation though?Its not like the crew system will give any kind of advantage to crews in game the only thing im assuming the crew system will do is just simply make stuff easier between crew members and so people know who is in which crew.I dont know what the crew system looks like but i genuinely think that it should get added despite of these 2 crews because theres no downside at all.Punish the people that cause problems, dont penalize everyone just because of 2-3 people who actively break rules and are known names to the administration.

Offline SecurityGuard92

• Respect: +6/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [RA]SecurityGuard92
  • Discord name: SecurityGuard92#7595
  • Crew: Red Army
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 09:12:56 am »
first of all, I want to say thank you to mike and his team to make this server happen.

second, in regards to the crew, there are pros and cons to the system. yes, helps to make friends and friends do help friends when they are in trouble. but the major downside of this is it will then turn to 1v2 or 1v3 because the crew has more people there to help. which is a disadvantage to the cops. yues the cops can call backup, but the time they arrived. that cop is almost dead, so soon it will be back to 1v3 again. so personally, the crew system i think is good, i think there should be more for the police.

but all members of the crew should be following the rules. i have seen members of the crew getting away with some rule breaking, not all but some. but when someone else does it then admins are on their backs about it when about 5 minutes ago a crew member broke that rule and nothing was done. (i would say minor rule breaking, is turned a blind eye major rule breaking or a noticeable rule breaking is not).

also when you become a cop, there are cop rules to follow. i think the same goes for crew as well. follow a crew set of rules that they must adhere too.

overall, i think the server is great to have around its a bit different to the other servers i play on.

Offline YellowFlash

• Respect: +21/-15
  • Classic Man
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: YellowFlash
  • Discord name: Abzjor#2830
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020, 09:25:40 am »
The only problematic crew I can think of at the moment would be the [WT] and I'm not here to start a fight with them, but they very well know some of there players are very unbehaved and cause alot of issue with everyone on the server. Now this could be slightly biased, but this definatly applies to any of the gang crews on the server. So far the only gang crew I think that behaves to a extent would be the KOS clan.

but I agree with GtaFreak here, salvage the crew system and invest more time on balance on the server, like he said the DM warehouse was approved, the quicker you implement that on the server the quicker we see less people rdming on the server, and can just point them to a DM Warehouse and go beserk there.

Offline Eero991

• Respect: +0/-2
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [WT]Eero991
  • Crew: Wu Tang
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 09:46:06 am »
Is it possible to give any details of the update? Hard to say anything when you have no idea what the update is going to include or what it isn’t.

Offline denim

• Respect: +31/-15
  • Ain't nothing 2 Fuck with!
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: denim
  • Discord name: hAze#0233
  • Crew: Wu-Tang Clan
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 09:50:16 am »
This thread is basically towards WT/AC. I'd say keep the current system but with much more enforced rules. I'm one of the leaders in my crew and i am against constant death matching. Apart from admin approved war i don't see any problem. Since i do try to keep my members away from death matching I'd say i did pretty good in that. All others who are here saying that crew should be removed are the only people who either kills or MW member or try to arrest WT and fails. Of course I'll never stop my members from taking revenge.

Or just remove admin approved war system which doesn't cause anything else but makes server looks like a Dm server.
We were allowed few days ago for war 8v8. In the end the admin it self got frustrated.
Players knows the rules, they know how to play. The break rules punish them. Not the entire crew should be facing penalty just because of the actions of one individual. Just like nxy said

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-9
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Solid
  • Discord name: Solid#3859
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 09:55:24 am »
Okay, good thing you listen to us Mike, I really appreciate that, since it's a rare thing to find.

So, first of all, what are the exact issues with crews thus far?
I believe the issues are as such:
> Massive camping at bank or other locations
> Cops having a hard time doing 1v3, 1v4's etc.
> Various tiny rule breaking that others notice, but usually just gets covered up.

First of all, the camping. As all of you know, cops can't camp at bank, but civilians can do it just fine. Well, a thing I've noticed is that gangs (with or without stars) prefer to camp at bank and when a cop drives by just unload their clips on them, I think that's a real issue. When we get more locations to rob for money that will actually be enough to count as viable is when maybe one location camping won't be a problem anymore, since a lot of the times not all of these players are from the same crew.

Next would be the 1v3 issue. I personally think there shouldn't be bigger groups then 2 players, because there's a chance then for 1 cop to kill at least 1 of the 2 players, maybe if luck's on your side, you can get both, but low chances. That's also why I'm also really voting for the chance to kill MW's, because what a lot of people do is they get out their car after I've shot it up, swap to fists so I can't shoot them, I chase them, their friends pull up and then they both shoot me. Or anything similar to shit like that.
Or I can be just eating a chillidog at the side of the street and a car of 3 peeps just pulls up and shoots me to death when I literally did nothing. That is very frustrating and just makes you want to never play cop anymore. There either needs to be strict rules on that or give cops some special shit to take care of dumb situations like that.
Mind you that 90% of the time doing your cop /backup or asking for assistance in radio with the # DOES NOT HELP AT ALL!

Deathmatching with crews or players isn't my specialty, since never got involved, but it does happen for sure and they always like to argue as well. Speak in other languages, which has been discussed on discord in general a while back and other small, yet noticable stuff. And somehow no admins notice this stuff... Gets annoying after a while that's all.

Talking about the crew update. I think crews in their basic level are cool, you can have your friends in a team and play, the part that I don't like is when it gets sweaty and filled with tryhards, the exact shit that's happening right now. Exploiting every little thing to get an advantage over other players, doing the most dirtiest shit to get infront etc.
I want to see what this "crew update" brings before I can say if it's a good idea or bad. If it only brings like party chat to the server, I'm fine with that, doesn't impact us at all, but if it's some dumb turf wars where a cop will go and won't be able to do anything, then I'm officially against it.

I also think all members of a crew HAVE TO use a tag, otherwise I can't tell if it's some random fucking idiot assisting in the escape of a criminal or it's a "somewhat official" crew member.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2020, 10:14:47 am »
It would appear that having people apply to be able to create a crew is something that's desired. Luckily this is pretty much also integrated into the crews system I have developed, although opposite (admins can bar players from from creating a crew). I would just need to make it so they can't create a crew by default, then management can approve players once they apply, stating what their intention is for the crew. If it's to wreak havoc then no. If they or their members break rules and cause shit and they don't deal with it (kicking the offending members from the crew) the crew will be deleted and they will be barred from creating another crew.
View trailers here.

Offline Reonz

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +63/-59
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: [36]reonz
  • Discord name: reonz#4250
  • Crew: 36 Boys
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2020, 10:55:50 am »
It will be good for sure but I think you should give us more information about crew system for better veiw

36Boys

The 36 Boys were a gang of primarily Turkish immigrants from Berlin-Kreuzberg. The gang was active from the late 1980s until the mid-1990s. Besides Turkish, other nationalities were also represented in the large gang.

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2020, 11:02:01 am »
It's not really about any specific crew, it's about their gameplay which ruins the other (not dmer's kind) of game. I don't think people are complaining about Crews, but the amount of DM in general, which unfortunately is caused by the rules. Of course, certain amount of killing will always be present, and that is alright because otherwise the game wouldn't be appealing, however certain scenarios just make me personally close the game and I know i'm not the only one.

Some people join here just to chill, yet they can't really play in peace. You can't even start trucking because some clown might come to you and kill you in order to "steal your vehicle". You as a cop can't collect tikis or do anything in public, hell, you can't even stay AFK for a few seconds inside the freaking police department because civilians are able to use guns and they made it their playground. The moment you spawn as a cop you are in danger. Anyone with a wanted level is free to kill you regardless of what you're doing.

Because of the "protecting your friend is okay" combined with the stuff i said above, cops on this server are a joke. Seriously though, no one is "scared" when they see you around. You can literally fuck around with them, pretend you have no guns let him cuff you then your 4 friends just destroy him. It makes no sense to play as a cop, for me at least. Go arrest some random on the street, anyone (closeby) can kill you and just say "hey, he's my friend". Also the cop rewards suck, I know this is out of topic, but let me just say a few quick words: most criminals are armed, meaning you lose both guns, armor, health, possibly a car, fuel and all that..and even if you win all you get is like $300 which doesn't cover up a single loss from the list above. Civilians in a single bank rob (which is super easy considering there are a dozen civilians there and cops have no chance) sometimes get like 100x the cash cop's do. Literally..I need to do 100 arrests, while some dude can just pick a free moneybag in already a empty bank and get it in like 1 minute (and for 100 arrests it takes me uhmm..dunno, you calculate it).

So uhmm tldr; rules are making this a sort of DM server, if you're going to change anything it should be that. Crews aren't really a problem, since they don't even fight each other (which is kinda the meaning of gangs, right? lol..wack leaders). Not sure what crew system brings, or how it would affect the current game, but imo crews now are fine. I'm saying they're fine because they don't do any more damage than people who play together but aren't in crews.. However, the fact that different crews team up to kill cops together..that just kills off the whole meaning of this server. What it should be is that they should kill each other in order to get a moneybag, not help each other out. Maybe consider lowering the amount of moneybags (in bank) to like 3.

Over at other CnR servers some balance exists. Of course, different servers, different features, different gameplay. However, the similarity is that both civilians and cops are balanced. This unfortunately isn't the case here. Cops are a joke and that's the reality. If you're okay with 20 civilians killing cops in bank, then consider removing the 'always arrest if the guy is unarmed'. It's entirely up to you what you want this server to be, more RPish or more DMish, but make it balanced. If civilians are free to kill anyone for petty reasons you can't burden cops with 100 rules to always preserve life when possible..it just doesn't work. This is still a relatively new server, it isn't too late to change the rules. Blame the players, honestly.. We wouldn't be here bitching if the players didn't push us to. I know this is kind of a long "tldr", but cba editing it..I just wanted to share my opinion.

So basically, if you want to lower DM, you should change the rules. No more protecting friends UNLESS they are in your car thus in danger. No killing over petty reasons, like wanting ur car(since they can just spam F to take it away) or killing cops based on the color of your nametag.
Or, if you want to keep the above, let cops kill criminals instead of arresting them. Boost their pay, maybe toss in some better weapons or cars with more hp so they actually stand a chance. It probably won't be enough, but it's a start. Oh right, also remove the ability for gang members to change to cops so they can't just bail their friends out.

Offline Rockstarboi

• Baller
  • Respect: +63/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2020, 11:44:45 am »
Hey the only thing i want (others as well) chat for my crew! And base for us only crew members can go and houses no one can attack this base no wars with others the idea of having crew is that nothing else having wars with others is useless because it's DM i am not afraid of having wars with others. In my opinion I need this
-Chat (ranks added color chat etc)
-base for crew and 30house(max)
-points for robbing bank together.
That's it wars aren't needed.

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2020, 11:54:36 am »
i know the implication here, this whole thread was made only because of WT and AC theres no other crews that cause problems really but let me tell you something

whats the hesitation though?Its not like the crew system will give any kind of advantage to crews in game the only thing im assuming the crew system will do is just simply make stuff easier between crew members and so people know who is in which crew.I dont know what the crew system looks like but i genuinely think that it should get added despite of these 2 crews because theres no downside at all.Punish the people that cause problems, dont penalize everyone just because of 2-3 people who actively break rules and are known names to the administration.

There was other gangs before you came around here that caused problems. Believe it or not AC and WT are not our first rodeo with this.

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2020, 12:28:36 pm »
I completely agree with @chuppy
What I couldn't explain, he placed perfectly.

trina

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2020, 02:14:33 pm »
I have to say that having a crew system is nice but it isn't meant for this server because the main focus is "Cops and Robbers" and I feel like allowing crews is defeating that purpose. Plus allowing crews to be able to kill someone else because their friend got attacked is also allowing more of a reason to dm someone who didn't even attack you in the first place, but your friend. It isn't fair to allow that to happen and than it leads to an ongoing fight where a whole crew can take revenge on one person and than no one is happy. Plus, it's only created problems and people are forgetting that this is not a dm server or a gang server. I feel like by allowing this type behavior to happen that we have attracted a lot of dmers recently who don't seem to care to read the rules about what this server really is about and it's purpose. I don't want to see this server turn into a dm server like some of the others and we need to be more strict with the rules and take away the whole crew system. This server was was doing great even before we allowed people to create crews. It will still continue to be a success even if we take the crew system away.

As for those getting offended and thinking this post is directed toward the WT and AC crews that is not true at all. We had other problematic crews way before those two were created, so don't take offense and think this is directed to a certain crew, this post goes for all the crews. So, as for my opinion I think we should forbid it and get rid of it because I feel like it's only creating problems and making it harder to enjoy the game. We were fine before without it and we will be fine without it now. People will still hang with their friends so it won't make a difference by removing it, because at the end of the day, there is just a "fancy" tag in someone's name. I  don't want players to forget that this is a "Cops and Robbers" server and not a Deathmatch one. Anyway, whatever you decide to do, we will be here either way.

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2020, 02:25:48 pm »
So, I gladly got an example of how it is daily on the server playing as a cop... I mean I can get that it's fun to play with friends or make groups, but shit like this is what makes you not want to play as a cop.