Author Topic: Increasement of drive-by damage.  (Read 3787 times)

Not rated

Offline legend

• legend himself
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +145/-185
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: saz.1337
  • Discord name: MLGERROR#8473
  • Crew: 1337WESTMOB
Increasement of drive-by damage.
« on: May 05, 2020, 09:32:33 pm »
With the damage nerf, db became useless, people rather run over you with cars, than db.
The damage system is already absurd, why make db even worse, atleast increase it a bit so bike db, etc.. would be worthy atleast.

Offline UnforgiveN

• Respect: +49/-14
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: UnforgiveN
  • Crew: 36 Boys
Re: Increasement of drive-by damage.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 09:42:34 pm »
Damage system is already so broken . Giving too less damage to vehicles , today we were 4 and took our nearly 5 minutes to destroy a cop's car while he was trying to ram us + ramming is overpowered , db damage is too less . Changing needed for all damage system i think .
+1
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 01:28:08 am by UnforgiveN »
logo" border="0

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
  • Respect: +129/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dudesdog
  • Discord name: Dudesdog#6216
  • Crew: 77 - Continental Crew
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 09:43:33 pm »
Changing needed for all damage system i think .
+1

Ramming is very OP..

Offline puuro

• Best MCNR YouTuber 2023
  • Respect: +48/-77
  • Wu-Tang forever
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: aleksibob
  • Discord name: puuuro
  • Crew: Wu-Tang Clan
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 10:42:50 pm »
Damage system is already so broken . Giving too less damage to vehicles , today we were 4 and took our nearly 5 minutes to destroy a cop's car while he was trying to ram us + ramming is too overpowered , db damage is too less . Changing needed for all damage system i think .
+1

+1

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 11:49:01 pm »
Support your suggestion with proof that things are unbalanced. I’ve spent too much time nerfing things then getting asked to buff them so buffing them then being asked to nerf them again..
View trailers here.

Offline UnforgiveN

• Respect: +49/-14
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: UnforgiveN
  • Crew: 36 Boys
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 01:22:51 am »
Changing main damage system as player requests isnt a good idea actually . Its gta and they should get used to it . Its like theyre telling u to change movement speed and jumping range because they dont like it .

Okay maybe main damage system was so broken but this system is so broken too . It really needs to get balanced . I gave my years to get better on fighting with guns ( like sawn deagle and mac,tec ) which gives too less damage than normal so being killed by a just standing n shooting combat shotgun user is not balanced too in my opinion . Just wanted to say that . Peace
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 02:34:12 am by UnforgiveN »
logo" border="0

Offline howl

• Original Gangster
  • Respect: +110/-183
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 05:53:15 am »
Support your suggestion with proof that things are unbalanced. I’ve spent too much time nerfing things then getting asked to buff them so buffing them then being asked to nerf them again..

why don't you just have your damage system to be standard, not server-sided?

or just, make the whole damage to be equal.

Either way, +1

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-9
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Solid
  • Discord name: Solid#3859
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 06:49:56 am »
I personally don't believe in this.
Ramming works just like it's supposed to, if a car has time to speed up and reach a high speed then getting rammed by a car SHOULD do big damage. It should be your top priority to dodge the vehicle.
I know getting knocked over and then shot at makes you feel useless, but that's how it should work.

Also damage to vehicles is decent, you just have to know which weapon to use. Don't expect your little 9mm bullets to do a whole lot against a vehicle.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 08:34:49 am »
Changing main damage system as player requests isnt a good idea actually . Its gta and they should get used to it . Its like theyre telling u to change movement speed and jumping range because they dont like it .

Okay maybe main damage system was so broken but this system is so broken too . It really needs to get balanced . I gave my years to get better on fighting with guns ( like sawn deagle and mac,tec ) which gives too less damage than normal so being killed by a just standing n shooting combat shotgun user is not balanced too in my opinion . Just wanted to say that . Peace
The reason damage is server-controlled is that by default it doesn’t take range into account. A 9mm to the head from 1cm away will do the exact same damage as from 100 meters away. I wanted damage to reflect range. It adds a new layer to the awful combat system in this game.

Not everything has to be exactly as it is in the default game. The default game didn’t have multiplayer capability - should we stop playing multiplayer because that’s not what Rockstar designed the game to do?
View trailers here.

Offline legend

• legend himself
  • Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 09:10:26 am »
Damage increasement for weapons tecs/macs for vehicle driver drive-by, absurd 100 bullets to knock down a guy. Tecs and macs should be different damage according to original game, tecs are more accurate, less damage. Macs higher damage, harder to spray control.

Damage increasement for MAC-10 on drive-by 101 bullets to knock guy
Damage increasement for TEC-9 on drive-by 101 bullets to knock guy
Damage increasement for MP5 on drive-by, just a little bit, not too much. MP5 should take down a guy around 30 bullets, not 60 :/
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 09:14:37 am by saz »

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Respect: +39/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DRAG0NFURY
  • Discord name: lxtus0
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 09:22:44 am »
I personally don't believe in this.
Ramming works just like it's supposed to, if a car has time to speed up and reach a high speed then getting rammed by a car SHOULD do big damage. It should be your top priority to dodge the vehicle.
I know getting knocked over and then shot at makes you feel useless, but that's how it should work.

Also damage to vehicles is decent, you just have to know which weapon to use. Don't expect your little 9mm bullets to do a whole lot against a vehicle.
look man no offense but it genuinely looks like you come from RP servers so why dont you invest some time in understanding the mechanics a little bit better before dropping suggestions.this is cnr not RP

as for the suggestion, +1 i have also noticed how your character stops shooting after some time spent on drivebying that should probably get removed for first and foremost. and just like saz said the damage needs amplification so people choose to actually lose bullets and go through a fight in order to get the w skillfully rather than running someone over, wasting absolutely nothing and leaving the guy you just killed clueless this is seriously close to cheating and should be removed but i digress.

in addition to the db damage being amplified you could perhaps increase the period in which players are allowed to surf vehicles?this should be done to add some sort of counterplay to drivebying(and also get rid of the stunning animation upon being kicked off).not saying people should stay on top of a car the entire time but it can be extended if mike decides to amplify db damage
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 09:27:39 am by nxy »

Offline Solid

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +7/-9
  • Dua Lipa <3
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Solid
  • Discord name: Solid#3859
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2020, 09:43:48 am »
Okay, obviously when you place it like that it seems alot.
But think about those times when some gay band of 3 people in a Sultan pull up? The heck are you going to do? One guy is pressind E and spraying you from the driver seat and the other two are shooting with ak's? You'll die in an instant.

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Respect: +39/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DRAG0NFURY
  • Discord name: lxtus0
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 09:48:16 am »
Okay, obviously when you place it like that it seems alot.
But think about those times when some gay band of 3 people in a Sultan pull up? The heck are you going to do? One guy is pressind E and spraying you from the driver seat and the other two are shooting with ak's? You'll die in an instant.
that is your problem.if they did it unfairly you can use the /report command and while you just died once they will die at least 5 times each and receive a lengthy punishment for killing you randomly.Alternatively, you can call friends on your side to help you out or in other words set up a gang war.If you dont wish to get db'd you can use your creativity to avoid it by going on top of a building, on top of other objects in which db's spraying pattern will not target you, stand on top of the drivers car headshot him with your deagle/rifle and then deal with the rest of the gang if ur skilled enough,go inside interiors and fight the gang with chainsaw etc... in other words theres PLENTY of ways to counter 3-4 man gangs, hell if you are skilled enough you can take on them alone.

Offline legend

• legend himself
  • Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2020, 09:58:41 am »
As nxy said, you can counter 4v1 fights, you can see me doing it here.
&feature=youtu.be
and more clips of me doing 3v1-5v1s, everything is possible.

I understand if you complain about 8v1 or something near that, that is near imposseble, but ive pulled it once or twice in the server.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 10:05:01 am by saz »

Offline ranja

• Respect: +106/-26
  • Ryder did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: ranja
  • Crew: WESTMOB
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2020, 10:01:01 am »
No one's going to talk about the fact that it's needed an RPG missile to pop a bike's tyre? Of course I'm exaggerating, but the truth is that I've experienced a lot of times I accurately shoot with an M4 (more precision rifle) to someone's back tyre of a bike and naturally it should pop, I spray in front of the motion and in the back of the player's motion (to capture even if I'm lagging or he's lagging out).

On topic, I'm supporting this.

//edit, saz has posted a new video and ohh la la

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-41
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2020, 03:31:38 pm »
Compared to damage onfoot, driveby is pretty much useless. Yes to this.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2020, 08:39:40 pm »
I've just spent far too long testing all weapons drive-by (driver and passenger where applicable) and buffed pretty much all weapons. I agree they were very bad before. The problem arises when there are 4 players drive-bying from a vehicle against someone, it's almost instant death for the victim, but I suppose that would be the same on-foot, it's just they can ambush you without warning leaving you fucked.

I have also re-enabled 'far' damage. For some reason currently damage ranges are close (<20m) or medium (20m-200m). I'm not sure why 'long' range is disabled, but I'll make 'close' range 15m and medium range 50m, and long range 50-200m.

But yeah, here are the relevant new damage values (hp) for (left to right) close range [< 15m], medium range [15-50m], far range [50-200m], driver DB [up to 200m] and passenger DB [up to 200m]:
Code: [Select]
{ 11.0, 7.0, 2.0, 0.0, 4.0 }, // Colt 45 (9mm)
{ 10.0, 6.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4.0 }, // Silenced 9mm
{ 35.0, 24.0, 15.0, 0.0, 8.0 }, // Desert Eagle
{ 40.0, 18.0, 1.0, 0.0, 19.0 }, // Shotgun
{ 18.0, 10.0, 1.0, 0.0, 10.0 }, // Sawn-off
{ 24.0, 16.0, 1.0, 0.0, 8.0 }, // Combat Shotgun
{ 4.0, 3.0, 1.0, 1.5, 7.0 }, // Uzi
{ 6.0, 4.0, 2.0, 2.0, 8.0 }, // MP5
{ 10.0, 6.0, 3.0, 0.0, 6.0 }, // AK-47
{ 8.0, 6.0, 4.0, 0.0, 7.0 }, // M4
{ 4.0, 3.0, 2.0, 1.5, 7.0 }, // Tec-9
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 08:42:51 pm by Mike »
View trailers here.

Offline legend

• legend himself
  • Original Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2020, 02:11:24 pm »
I've just spent far too long testing all weapons drive-by (driver and passenger where applicable) and buffed pretty much all weapons. I agree they were very bad before. The problem arises when there are 4 players drive-bying from a vehicle against someone, it's almost instant death for the victim, but I suppose that would be the same on-foot, it's just they can ambush you without warning leaving you fucked.

I have also re-enabled 'far' damage. For some reason currently damage ranges are close (<20m) or medium (20m-200m). I'm not sure why 'long' range is disabled, but I'll make 'close' range 15m and medium range 50m, and long range 50-200m.

But yeah, here are the relevant new damage values (hp) for (left to right) close range [< 15m], medium range [15-50m], far range [50-200m], driver DB [up to 200m] and passenger DB [up to 200m]:
Code: [Select]
{ 11.0, 7.0, 2.0, 0.0, 4.0 }, // Colt 45 (9mm)
{ 10.0, 6.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4.0 }, // Silenced 9mm
{ 35.0, 24.0, 15.0, 0.0, 8.0 }, // Desert Eagle
{ 40.0, 18.0, 1.0, 0.0, 19.0 }, // Shotgun
{ 18.0, 10.0, 1.0, 0.0, 10.0 }, // Sawn-off
{ 24.0, 16.0, 1.0, 0.0, 8.0 }, // Combat Shotgun
{ 4.0, 3.0, 1.0, 1.5, 7.0 }, // Uzi
{ 6.0, 4.0, 2.0, 2.0, 8.0 }, // MP5
{ 10.0, 6.0, 3.0, 0.0, 6.0 }, // AK-47
{ 8.0, 6.0, 4.0, 0.0, 7.0 }, // M4
{ 4.0, 3.0, 2.0, 1.5, 7.0 }, // Tec-9
thank you

Offline Mike