Author Topic: Car Mod Bug [Random mods disappearing from vehicle]  (Read 1910 times)

Offline g444

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-0
  • *meditating while fishing*
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: G444
Car Mod Bug [Random mods disappearing from vehicle]
« on: April 27, 2020, 05:04:26 pm »
Hey everyone!

After being advised by GiGi to post about this bug on forums here I am. Made my account and posting my first post.

Overview of Bug/Basic Concept:
I mod a car fully, paint, bumper, wheels etc. then I play with it, at some point return it to garage for another. Nothing wrong yet. Then next day I relog and maybe decide to use that car again, only to notice some mods are gone from it. It's a random one or two, not all mods. Putting the mods back on the car does not necessarily fix it and there are often cars the consistently lose mods. This way I've lost a lot of money on certain cars, especially low riders.

History of Bug:

I've been dealing with this bug for a while. My first encounter with it was with my Rancher, when it was Pink and I changed it to white with a few other mods, but it reverted back to it pink. As it was a color, I didn't mind it that much because it was inexpensive. I still did report it in-game through /helpme command. Back then XomoX assisted me, he might still remember. Unfortunately, back then I had not taken screenshots so I couldn't really prove it. At the time he advised me to try and change my color through the mechanic instead of modshop and that worked.

Fast forward to now, I have been building my low rider collection and have noticed mods (not just color) disappearing at random from at least 4-5 of my low rider collection. At first, again I did not have screenshots, but today I decided to remod my lowriders and GiGi advised me to take pictures of them once they are done and if I notice a mod disappear just take another pic with the mod not being there. Unfortunately, the mods disappeared within 10 minutes.

The mods disappeared on 3 cars this time: Slamvan (front bumper gone), Broadway (front bumper gone), Remington (front bumper gone).

From this it might seem that only bumpers are disappearing, but I can assure you that back when I hadn't taken pictures, there were other things that had disappeared. This was again from my lowrider collection after the first time I modded them. Today was the second wave of modding (to fix what had disappeared from the first wave).

The first wave there were other mods, e.g: Tornado (hydraulics gone), Remington (front bumper gone, side skirt gone), Blade (side skirt gone), Broadway (back bumper gone), Slamvan (front grill gone, front bumper gone)

Here is the proof from the second wave, when I started taking pictures. I purposely made screenshots from the iphone gallery so you can also see the time and see that I am not taking pictures before putting the mod on or something.

Possible way to recreate the bug (how it happened to me first time):

Buy new lowrider car(s) - Slamvan, Blade, Remington, Savannah, Broadway etc. -> Fully mod each of them -> As you mod one, drive buy another -> Drive back to Loco and mod another (repeat) -> Log out -> Spawn any of the cars you modded, check what mod is missing.

Note: Today when this happened I had not logged out at all, it happened within a span of 10 minutes. I was taking the initial pics after modding near Loco Lo then drove to Grove hoping it won't happen again and I won't even need to use time to report, but then I respawned one of the lowriders in Grove and noticed it had the missing bumper. I decided to check others and from all my low riders, this time these 3 had missing mods. I hope today I don't find out others are missing. I keep losing thousands this way.  (I mean I'm tired of trying so I'll probably not bother with the cars anymore)

Thanks for your time and I hope I have provided enough information.

Regards,
G

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
Re: Car Mod Bug [Random mods disappearing from vehicle]
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 05:22:24 pm »
I appear to have replicated it. Not sure exactly which mods you applied, but there is a SA-MP bug where you can't find out what mods a vehicle has accurately.

https://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/GetVehicleComponentInSlot

If a vehicle has a 'bullbar/grill' mod and also a 'front bumper' mod, it only sees the most recent. You can only have one or the other. This isn't easily fixable. It will be something that I'll look at when I finish server-sided modshops eventually.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 05:52:54 pm by Mike »
View trailers here.

Offline g444

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-0
  • *meditating while fishing*
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: G444
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 06:12:13 pm »
I appear to have replicated it. Not sure exactly which mods you applied, but there is a SA-MP bug where you can't find out what mods a vehicle has accurately.

https://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/GetVehicleComponentInSlot

If a vehicle has a 'bullbar/grill' mod and also a 'front bumper' mod, it only sees the most recent. You can only have one or the other. This isn't easily fixable. It will be something that I'll look at when I finish server-sided modshops eventually.

I see, I appreciate you clearing that up Mike. Does this also cover for Hydraulics disappearing?

Thanks for your time.

G

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 11:05:18 pm »
No hydraulics are completely separate. Are you losing those?
View trailers here.

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Respect: +39/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DRAG0NFURY
  • Discord name: lxtus0
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 08:13:05 am »
you might make a good use of the built in screenshotting feature sa-mp has by pressing f8, next time

the screenshots you take are located at C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\SAMP\screens

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 11:30:23 am »
@g444 Are you losing any other mods such as hydraulics? Or is it just bumpers/grilles/bullbars?
View trailers here.