Author Topic: Interior death respawns you far away from the exterior  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Treba

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +32/-78
  • Buster
    • View Profile
Interior death respawns you far away from the exterior
« on: July 06, 2019, 08:35:29 pm »
I'll post all the bugs I found out in a single topic to avoid spamming the section. I will begin:

I. Inability to know a nickname of an administrator/moderator responsible for actions taken against you makes a weighty difficulty into appealing your punishment.

https://imgur.com/cUMEWYu

II. /admins is either not working properly or administrators/moderators are able to manage the gameplay while they are off duty.

III. The coordinates of a player inside the interior are tracked from the global map, thus:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 04:14:36 pm by Mike »
Please stop +REP'ing me. I already know I'm most authoritative here

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
Re: Important (and not) bugs
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 11:30:17 am »
Please keep reports in separate topics. We can't move this topic to 'fixed' if we only fix one issue.

1. We log all admins actions. If you need to complain about unfair punishment we can find out which admin dealt the punishment and deal with them.

2. The idea is that admins are not so well known on the server so that rule breakers don't get used to behaving when there are admins online and breaking rules when no admins are online. This is why /admins is always showing no admins. Cheaters will be more likely to cheat then and be caught. Same for other rule breaking.

3. Most location based scripts such as crime response checkpoints use the exterior coordinates of the interior entrance. Perhaps this was forgotten on the hospital respawning script. I will look into this.

As for the modshop also similar issue due to the interior being very far away from the exterior. I thought I added a max distance limiter for fuel reduction but perhaps not. I’ll look into it.
View trailers here.

Offline Treba

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +32/-78
  • Buster
    • View Profile
Re: Important (and not) bugs
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 05:22:51 pm »
2. The idea is that admins are not so well known on the server so that rule breakers don't get used to behaving when there are admins online and breaking rules when no admins are online. This is why /admins is always showing no admins. Cheaters will be more likely to cheat then and be caught. Same for other rule breaking.

Imho, /admins is supposed to work in order to monitor on-duty admins taking no actions while there are continuous rulebreaks and a couple of their reports already pending.
Please stop +REP'ing me. I already know I'm most authoritative here

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Interior death respawns you far away from the exterior
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 08:05:41 pm »
If you're a returning member of the community you will know who the admins are. There is a staff list on the forums.

The reason /admins doesn't work is so that people that join the server purely to use cheats, can't find out if there are admins online or not.
View trailers here.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 12:41:48 am »
Update:

- I may allow /admins to work for players with a higher play time. But it would let them know when there are no admins online and can get away with breaking rules or even cheating.
- Interior/exterior respawn should be simple to fix. Will look into.
- Modshop fuel issue should also be an easy fix.
View trailers here.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 08:04:53 am »
Issue regarding fuel depletion in modshops has been resolved.

Still need to test hospital respawn issue.
View trailers here.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 08:19:09 am »
Interior respawn at closest hospital fixed. For some reason I coded it so that if you die in one of the main police departments it will forcibly respawn you at the city's main hospital. Not sure why I did this, as the police departments are close to the hospitals anyway. I had mixed up the hospital IDs for LV and SF. I have sinced removed this code so the 'closest hospital' should work as intended.
View trailers here.