Author Topic: Regarding being run over by cars  (Read 5326 times)

Not rated

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• Respect: +39/-22
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: DRAG0NFURY
  • Discord name: lxtus0
Regarding being run over by cars
« on: April 21, 2020, 06:36:40 pm »
Being run over by a car is just too unbalanced for all the players, especially in busy areas like the bank where theres so much movement you can get run over by someone whos simply trying to run away from cops - in this case you die for no reason although the guy didnt intend in killing you at all.While yes, its obvious that cars are lethal in real life - this is a game where people dont respect the traffic lights and all that stuff, as such there should be some kind of system to aid in avoiding these situations.I have no idea what im suggesting really, it should be up to the coder/the community to decide but if it was up to me, id probably nerf the damage so its not that lethal or warn the player if theres a car headed towards them at high speed(this could make it unfair to some decree, but i digress).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 10:22:43 pm by nxy »

Offline quail

• Baller
  • Respect: +9/-7
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding being run over by cars
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 08:16:29 pm »
this is killing method for kill players in indirect way with [weapon]
espically it's help beginners cops if they can't kill profissional supsect players
so u can't prevents that for the beginners or who can't kill other players with weapon

Offline Eldy.

• Respect: +15/-50
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Eldy.
  • Discord name: noteldy
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 08:31:38 pm »
instead of that, we should implement traffic rules like IRL. ik its weird but it might be good who knows? and i agree with the part that we should get warned that there is a car speeding towards us because we're fighting and then we get ran over and die and that is so frekkin' annoying lol.
Face your fear.

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 09:21:59 pm »
this is killing method for kill players in indirect way with [weapon]
espically it's help beginners cops if they can't kill profissional supsect players
so u can't prevents that for the beginners or who can't kill other players with weapon
the tazers were created for a reason, not to mention the newer players can choose to go after less skilled targets(they can easily judge by the amount of score a player has to roughly know whos skilled and whos not) - ask for help and team up with other players in order to hunt the "skilled" players down.thats an irrelevant point to the suggestion.

EDIT : I actually had to read your post a couple of times to understand what you wanted to say, and yes while it could balance the odds its still unfair in +2v1 situations.Like I mentioned earlier, while you are fighting someone - another guy runs you over completely randomly without you knowing where they came from, killing you unfairly.
instead of that, we should implement traffic rules like IRL. ik its weird but it might be good who knows? and i agree with the part that we should get warned that there is a car speeding towards us because we're fighting and then we get ran over and die and that is so frekkin' annoying lol.
i mean, implemeting traffic rules is going to make the game a lot more boring, slow paced and not fun - it'll just be a pain in the ass.these rules apply IRL because without them, there would be chaos which would inevitably cause millions of deaths, there needs to be something else, not this.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 10:40:21 am by nxy »

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
  • Respect: +129/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dudesdog
  • Discord name: Dudesdog#6216
  • Crew: 77 - Continental Crew
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 09:53:51 pm »
Lately its been abused by cops to get a easy arrest.. I don't think being road killed should could as "jail worthy". I think if they want to run over red and orange to get rid of them, it should just count as a regular death and spawn us at hospital... the going to jail bc the cop isn't competent enough to tazer and arrest is annoying.

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 10:19:02 pm »
Lately its been abused by cops to get a easy arrest.. I don't think being road killed should could as "jail worthy". I think if they want to run over red and orange to get rid of them, it should just count as a regular death and spawn us at hospital... the going to jail bc the cop isn't competent enough to tazer and arrest is annoying.
good point, not only does it promote deathmatching but it also spares you the headache you would have to go through by retaliating a suspect on foot, tazing and cuffing them.perhaps the damage could get de-amplified a little bit?

Offline UnforgiveN

• Respect: +49/-14
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: UnforgiveN
  • Crew: 36 Boys
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 11:18:48 pm »
not only cops , im being tired of getting rammed from newbies and end up in jail . It really needs a balance
logo" border="0

Offline puuro

• Best MCNR YouTuber 2023
  • Respect: +48/-78
  • Wu-Tang forever
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: aleksibob
  • Discord name: puuuro
  • Crew: Wu-Tang Clan
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 12:42:09 am »
really big +1 from me, its so overpowered and annoying

Offline legend

• legend himself
  • Original Gangster
  • Respect: +145/-185
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: saz.1337
  • Discord name: MLGERROR#8473
  • Crew: 1337WESTMOB
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 03:22:29 pm »
You can be run over at any point in the server, mostly when you don't expect it, and I hate it. People really abuse car ramming to kill MWs as vigilante or Police, or just regular warrants. You need 0 skill to be "good" run-over killer and if a guy who youre trying to run over has low ping, good fps etc.. It's most likely a instant kill. It needs nerf.

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 03:48:04 pm »
Let's get real for a second. Cops are already (pretty much) useless when it comes to arresting/killing gangs. You want to take away their desperate "full speed crash" in hopes they at least take one of the criminals with them to the grave? No, this definitely doesn't need any nerfing or changing. Be aware of your surroundings and you'll be fine.

You're saying cops should use tazer and arrest, but you're forgetting that 90% of criminals are armed and never give up without a fight. Toss in few friends on their side, there's no way you will win the fight with guns let alone with tazer and cuffs. The only way to try and do some work is to crash full speed into one of them, throw molotov on the other guy and deal with the third guy.

Keep in mind ramming counts just the same as shooting, since the outcome is the same (dealing damage), so if someone is doing it without a valid reason you can always report them.

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 04:05:41 pm »
Let's get real for a second. Cops are already (pretty much) useless when it comes to arresting/killing gangs. You want to take away their desperate "full speed crash" in hopes they at least take one of the criminals with them to the grave? No, this definitely doesn't need any nerfing or changing. Be aware of your surroundings and you'll be fine.

You're saying cops should use tazer and arrest, but you're forgetting that 90% of criminals are armed and never give up without a fight. Toss in few friends on their side, there's no way you will win the fight with guns let alone with tazer and cuffs. The only way to try and do some work is to crash full speed into one of them, throw molotov on the other guy and deal with the third guy.

Keep in mind ramming counts just the same as shooting, since the outcome is the same (dealing damage), so if someone is doing it without a valid reason you can always report them.
you have gone completely off point here.If they player is going alone against a "gang" its their fault for doing so in the first place, they could have, like you said - toss a few friends on their side to even the odds.the stunning animation you get when crashed by a car alone is enough, that could perhaps be increased to make up for the damage lethal damage being removed.I didnt say completely remove the damage on the vehicle but it should indefinitely get de-amplified.

not to mention how thats not even useful against gangs, if the guy "full speed crashes on someone" they dont die - they are just knocked implying that they can easily use a medkit to get back up while the rest of the gang deals with the cop who just ran the guy over.i didnt make this suggestion thinking about this scenario - i did it because a lot of situations involving car crashes happen completely randomly and usually without the consent of the guy thats speeding.worth also mentioning that during a fight im not going to keep track on my minimap of whos driving around and whos not because that'll obviously cause my death.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 04:12:49 pm by nxy »

Offline 51ck51ck

• Respect: +12/-28
  • I'm a crazy mfking retard
    • View Profile
  • Crew: Wu-Tang
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 04:42:07 pm »

Even if the 30 percent (or maybe more) of my deaths caused by ramming, i agree, this system is fair against gang wars and even for bank when there are 10 suspects vs 3 cops
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 04:44:24 pm by p4bl0 »

Offline ranja

• Respect: +106/-26
  • Ryder did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: ranja
  • Crew: WESTMOB
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 12:30:19 am »

-1 for that, what were you thinking?

Regarding the suggestion itself, -1.

Offline puuro

• Best MCNR YouTuber 2023
  • Respect: +48/-78
  • Wu-Tang forever
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: aleksibob
  • Discord name: puuuro
  • Crew: Wu-Tang Clan
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2020, 01:32:03 am »
Even if the 30 percent (or maybe more) of my deaths caused by ramming, i agree, this system is fair against gang wars and even for bank when there are 10 suspects vs 3 cops

You must be high then to be going against 10 suspects when you are 3.

The argument that "a cop don't stand a chance against a gang" doesn't work here, since if you are dumb enough to go against a gang then you should be prepared to die.

Ramming is way too overpowered, and also makes killing a single cop on your own so much more harder if you get rammed.

Offline Dudesdog

• Smoke Weed Everyday
  • Respect: +129/-12
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Dudesdog
  • Discord name: Dudesdog#6216
  • Crew: 77 - Continental Crew
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2020, 02:24:39 am »
Ramming is way too overpowered

We need a way to lower this damage.. if they are WHITE they should be frozen for a few seconds and damage should not count... Cops..... just as criminals have a team, most cops that aren't newbies have a sultan with 4 people in it... Therefore the stage is even, no need for ramming to take down one person...

Offline 51ck51ck

• Respect: +12/-28
  • I'm a crazy mfking retard
    • View Profile
  • Crew: Wu-Tang
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2020, 02:46:14 am »
You must be high then to be going against 10 suspects when you are 3.

The argument that "a cop don't stand a chance against a gang" doesn't work here, since if you are dumb enough to go against a gang then you should be prepared to die.

Ramming is way too overpowered, and also makes killing a single cop on your own so much more harder if you get rammed.

bruh u maybe forgot all arrests i made on you all (not here) :P i'm known as a suicide boy, but sometimes i take more than someone with me to the hell xD i hate being killed too by a vehicle, trust me, but this thing gives more chance to everyone that don't know how to aim properly, even if people abusing sometimes. Anyway "killing a single cop on your own" doesn't work too, because you can just shot the tank or ram them too, if you're trying to afford a fight alone with more than 1/2 cops, you should be prepared to die anyway, just try avoid it.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 02:52:13 am by p4bl0 »

Offline parisisnthuman

• Baller
  • Respect: +16/-59
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Loli
  • Crew: Kensho
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2020, 03:55:31 am »
Tbh thats just whining over nothing like you can avoid a ram by just knowing when to dodge the rammers car incase yall didnt know rammers only get one shot and if you avoid that its over for them , and for keeping an eye on the minimap problem id say its not that hard to keep an eye out both for your enemy AND the field around you. also cars are already too bullied by the fact theyre devastated with a shot on the gas tank , its not that hard to hit it and every vehicle has it. so as said if youre declaring to be faster in strafing with shots logically you should have a fast reaction for the things happening around you so keep an eye out and dont whine about rammers. have a good day.
[T]ransgenders apply here!

Offline chuppy

• Respect: +27/-42
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: chuppy
  • Discord name: chuppy#1337
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2020, 09:53:53 am »
Cops vs gangs was just an example of why this shouldn't be changed because it would hurt cops more than anyone and they are already relatively harmless. Keep denying the fact that cops don't get the same amount of love as gangs, but we all know it's true. You can get a cop friend or two to help you, but you still won't get a fair fight vs a single gang, let alone a few of them (which isn't really a rarity in the bank).

Ramming is overpowered? Not really, it barely does any damage at all UNLESS you drive full speed into someone, which then "drops" the guy. Driveby as well does minimal damage and can't even be compared to on-foot fighting. Nerfing the vehicles even more would be a disaster. If you want to speak about "overpowered" things, try getting on the ridiculous headshot damage and the one shot kill sniper/rifle.

Long story short, the current gameplay is already giving more love to on-foot fighting than vehicle/driveby. The way I see it, we should be balancing it by boosting the driveby damage, not killing it even more. That way solo players would at least get a chance to do something..otherwise, what's the point of playing if you don't have a dozen friends around you?

Offline DRAG0NFURY

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2020, 10:15:35 am »
Cops vs gangs was just an example of why this shouldn't be changed because it would hurt cops more than anyone and they are already relatively harmless. Keep denying the fact that cops don't get the same amount of love as gangs, but we all know it's true. You can get a cop friend or two to help you, but you still won't get a fair fight vs a single gang, let alone a few of them (which isn't really a rarity in the bank).

Ramming is overpowered? Not really, it barely does any damage at all UNLESS you drive full speed into someone, which then "drops" the guy. Driveby as well does minimal damage and can't even be compared to on-foot fighting. Nerfing the vehicles even more would be a disaster. If you want to speak about "overpowered" things, try getting on the ridiculous headshot damage and the one shot kill sniper/rifle.

Long story short, the current gameplay is already giving more love to on-foot fighting than vehicle/driveby. The way I see it, we should be balancing it by boosting the driveby damage, not killing it even more. That way solo players would at least get a chance to do something..otherwise, what's the point of playing if you don't have a dozen friends around you?
im going to be fair, you do have a point however being rammed randomly out of nowhere isnt fun either.When i read this i thought that they can probably make DB-ing more effective?ramming is op as fuck it should get changed to some decree.i was thinking about stunning the target for longer and dealing some damage, not instantly dying and not knowing where it came from.

and because you cant cancel animations here unlike at cb the stunning animation is actually a thing that gives a massive advantage and an alternative to the tazer.

Offline Theepikpotato

• Busta
  • Respect: +0/-0
  • Buster
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Theepikpotato
  • Discord name: Theepikpotato
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2020, 11:17:33 am »
I think the problem here is that cars in this server are tanky as hell(idk but i feel like it took me forever to even blow up a car with an ak),so if cars take less shot to blow up then the ramming tactics should be less obnoxious (if that's even possible )