Author Topic: Fix stealing the securicar  (Read 1323 times)

Offline diogogames

• Enforcer
  • Respect: +3/-7
  • Professional Noob
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: diogogames
  • Discord name: Stormnet
Fix stealing the securicar
« on: February 25, 2020, 08:47:05 am »
Note: I've had this bug in a long time. Idk if it has been fixed or not. But if it has, you can just reject this.

So, as you may know, securicar mission is pretty much the only well paid legal job. I've done it a lot of times, and its enjoyable. But then, I began to think in stealing one of those cars. With well timed stalks and some route memorization, I was able to track it down twice, broke in and got it to start twice. As I try to get away and prepare to for a Cop chase, every time the truck just LITERALLY vanishes completely (I think its happends when the Civs cancell the securicar?). So, without a reward, and not nearby getaway car, I just get caught. Its a nightmare to track the truck down, but why even bother to do so if you will just get to jail? I hope it gets fixed.

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
Re: Fix stealing the securicar
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 09:00:34 am »
I agree the way it is coded is kind of sloppy and not well thought out.

It needs a way to be dependant on the person stealing being arrested AFTER it has been stolen instead of only relying on the civ that was doing the securicar mission not doing /end or quitting

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-71
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 09:09:03 am »
I agree the way it is coded is kind of sloppy and not well thought out.

It needs a way to be dependant on the person stealing being arrested AFTER it has been stolen instead of only relying on the civ that was doing the securicar mission not doing /end or quitting
It's not coded sloppy. It's very well thought out. It's a bug. Bugs happen. The Securicar mission is designed to continue after the starting player ends the mission or quits. It was designed that way always.

I recently fixed an issue relating to this which must have caused this. I will look into it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 09:16:35 am by Mike »
View trailers here.

[C]alleb

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 07:57:15 pm »
IS the player shooting at you? If the player you stole from gets wanted (just 1 star is enough) it cancels out the mission, making the van disapeer.
This is what I do when ppl steal my van, i just shoot at the securicar or any vehicle near me and i make it disapeer.