Author Topic: House spawn  (Read 2908 times)

Not rated

Offline Garrett

• Busta
  • Respect: +4/-2
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Garrett
House spawn
« on: November 19, 2019, 05:49:08 pm »
I'm not sure if this was suggested before, I couldn't find it, anyway it's a real shame that you can't choose to spawn inside your house. I believe if you quit inside your property that you should be able to spawn inside next time you log in.

I don't think this could be abused, even if you make it that only players with 0 wanted levels can spawn that'd be great too.

Offline Jarppa

• Busta
  • Respect: +1/-4
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Jarppa
Re: House spawn
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 09:59:09 pm »
This feature is already on the server. 
you can set spawn point your house
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 10:01:55 pm by Jarppa »

Offline Mb.Michael

• Busta
  • Respect: +3/-0
  • Actual Home Wrecker
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mb.Michael
  • Discord name: 🍌NannaSplit🍌#2183
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 12:19:38 am »
This feature is already on the server. 
you can set spawn point your house

Lol

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 03:42:09 am »
This would open a whole new can of worms with the active city system. What happens if the house you want to spawn at is not in the active city? does it force you to spawn in the active city? tbh I personally think it should, otherwise the active city is not so active anymore and you face a long drive to get to the activities/jobs.

Offline Mike

• Server Owner
  • Respect: +413/-69
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Mike
  • Discord name: mp2
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 07:39:09 pm »
This would open a whole new can of worms with the active city system. What happens if the house you want to spawn at is not in the active city? does it force you to spawn in the active city? tbh I personally think it should, otherwise the active city is not so active anymore and you face a long drive to get to the activities/jobs.
Good thinking. This is the kind of thinking I have to do when I add anything. It’s never as straight-forward as you might think. I’m on board with this idea and it would be relatively easy to implement so let’s brainstorm solutions.
View trailers here.

Offline Garrett

• Busta
  • Respect: +4/-2
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Garrett
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 08:16:14 pm »
If the active city matches property city you should be spawned automatically otherwise you get a dialog asking whether you want to spawn outside the active city or not.

Offline M3E6

• Respect: +52/-78
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: M3E6
  • Discord name: M3E6#5742
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 02:22:15 am »
If the active city matches property city you should be spawned automatically otherwise you get a dialog asking whether you want to spawn outside the active city or not.

But then that gives an easy way to get out of the active city and away from the cops right from the start.  This is very powerful, speaking from experience, especially when the cops have a lot of crims to chase that are closer, or they simply don't look at your player info to see your location and only blindly chase the blips on the map.

Good thinking. This is the kind of thinking I have to do when I add anything. It’s never as straight-forward as you might think. I’m on board with this idea and it would be relatively easy to implement so let’s brainstorm solutions.

You could almost tell I've done coding before, although not so much with PAWN, mostly c++/visual basic stuff for me, but learning pawn here and there when I have time.

Offline Kool

• Respect: +5/-0
  • Stay'n Kool
    • View Profile
  • MCNR name: Kool
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 03:26:38 am »
How about having the option to spawn @ your house when you're prompted to select your spawn point? This shouldn't show up when that active city is not where your house is. Your house should also have an option where you can choose to turn house spawning on/off when you respawn, again, the house spawning when dying will be disregarded when on a dif active city (I don't know if the latter is already implemented, I don't have a property yet to test that out).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 03:29:14 am by Kool »